homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GhostsofAcid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
That Guy from Maine

Blasphemer is a glorious beacon of lightBlasphemer is a glorious beacon of lightBlasphemer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Which POD for live use?

I'm going to start making my live rig straight-into-PA, and use my 5150 for when there isn't a PA.

I know I want a POD HD, but should I get the HD500 or the Pro? It seems like there really isn't a difference between the two. I feel like having the Pro would be better, but it would also need a rack and the L6 shortboard controller. It's also more expensive.

What are your opinions?
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
As much as I love rack gear...the HD500 has a much better value/price-ratio.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you can trust having you entire signal chain into a pedal board the HD500 is better (and cheaper).
If you worry having some random people kicking and trashing it and be like a dumb ass without backup ( ) the Pro is better (you just have to change the controller in case of a problem)
The short board is not mandatory, any MIDI foot controller will work. (so a cheap FCB1010 is ok)

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
That Guy from Maine

Blasphemer is a glorious beacon of lightBlasphemer is a glorious beacon of lightBlasphemer is a glorious beacon of light
I know the shortboard isn't necessary, I just like its layout a lot
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
SuiÁmez fanboy

GhostsofAcid is a jewel in the rough
I used the HD500>PA setup live with my old band. I don't really see a reason to get the pro, you'll just need to buy more stuff and I don't think theres much of a difference feature wise. (I don't know for sure, maybe someone else does) The only reason i'd see going with the pro is if you already had a rack and the other associated stuff.
Blasphemer likes this.
GhostsofAcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

petray is a jewel in the rough
Personally I run a Pod Hd 500 through any effects loop I go through in the situation, And my sound is definitely consistent everytime A tad different because of Cabinets and valve tubes what ever amp I get my hands on so. Preferably I would say hd 500 but if you'd like to carry a rack, and have a seperate midi board controlling patches by all means. Pod hd 500 is built quite solid i must admit, Only thing you might have to do in the very very far future is replace the switches but thats normal with ANY line 6 product, Because they put so much work into having GREAT SOUND AND MODELING etc etc, that the switches can be on the midrange to lower end side. Of course have to remember thats just my opinion and to each his/her own. Appreciate you reading and possibly helping your decision also hoping to hear what you decide on.
petray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #7
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
The short board is not mandatory, any MIDI foot controller will work. (so a cheap FCB1010 is ok)
For simple patch-switching yes. For everything else: unfortunately not. The POD HD Pro accepts only PC messages from 3rd party midi-controllers, for everything beyond you have to use the FBV-floorboard (controlling a Wah, a Volume pedal,....).
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote