homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Decipher is just really niceDecipher is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
NCD: Rivera content!!

Well it took me almost 3 years, but I finally found one for a great price..... And it was only 3 hours away!!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Rivera Los Lobottom Sub 2

This beast is intense! Sure it'll bring the lows to shake the foundations of your home, but when utilizing the high-pass circuit in my Rivera KR 100 what I noticed the most was the way my mids and highs cleaned up sooooo much!! It was crazy to hear/feel. What I like the most is my clean tones. The Sub cab REALLY adds depth and makes them so rich.

All I need now is a black grill cloth so everything matches and a rack case.
Decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
the "BFF"

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tasty rig 4sure.
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

evilsaint is a glorious beacon of lightevilsaint is a glorious beacon of lightevilsaint is a glorious beacon of light
Happy NCD !!!

My Blog : http://powerdragon-powerdragon.blogspot.com/
That's all about guitars and amps.
evilsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
....kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...

just plain awesome

grats

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, BC Rich Jr V Icon, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Do plan on mic'ing both cabs live?

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Larrikin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

drjeffreyodweyer is a jewel in the rough
That rig
drjeffreyodweyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:48 AM   #7
wake up dead

7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
dig your rig man. I had a Rivera a while back; there stuff is top-notch fo sho, great quality. I believe I've got the same TT board as you also, mines just a bit smaller

edit: Looked at the pics again...EB volume, Korg pitchblack...are you stalking my pedalboard lol?
7slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin666 View Post
Do plan on mic'ing both cabs live?
When I get back out playing live again (band folded last year) I do plan on trying to mic both to see how it works out. Sub cabs are really sweet, but for live application especially on a smaller level is hard to determin whether or not it'll be practical. There's one local band where the guitar player has one of the ISP Vector SL's and he mics both without too much issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7slinger View Post
dig your rig man. I had a Rivera a while back; there stuff is top-notch fo sho, great quality. I believe I've got the same TT board as you also, mines just a bit smaller

edit: Looked at the pics again...EB volume, Korg pitchblack...are you stalking my pedalboard lol?
Haha, no stalking just similar tastes in great gear!! Love my Rivera to death. I'm extremely pleased with my setup now!

And the TT is one of those Hammertone's they had on eBay a while back for stupid cheap (32"x16"). They're great boards, I now understand why those who own them love them so much. I just need to prewire mine underneath.
Unread 09-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Riffmiester General

BrianUV777BK is a jewel in the rough
Sweet rig, bro!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR BAD TONE

GIMME SHRED 'TILL I"M DEAD!!
BrianUV777BK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

Underworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Bass players will hate you! Congrats!

<a href=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Progenies/452143194873352 target=_blank>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proge...52143194873352</a>
Underworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #11
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife has much to be proud ofTemjinStrife has much to be proud ofTemjinStrife has much to be proud ofTemjinStrife has much to be proud ofTemjinStrife has much to be proud ofTemjinStrife has much to be proud ofTemjinStrife has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld View Post
Bass players will hate you! Congrats!
Nah, any smart and reasonably-equipped bass player will bury that thing. Great fun for home use though, and allows for more flexibility in cab choice when playing at high volumes!
TemjinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
wake up dead

7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decipher View Post
the TT is one of those Hammertone's they had on eBay a while back for stupid cheap (32"x16"). They're great boards, I now understand why those who own them love them so much. I just need to prewire mine underneath.
ya hammertone I forgot what it was called. I got mine from TT but it was something they had in their closeout closet or whatever, got it for about half of what a new one costs iirc, it's a size they don't make anymore but works fine for me as all I've got on it are my pitch black, EB, a cantrell wah, and my RJM mastermind. I don't have mine completely wired yet, but I did manage to rig up a 7 pin xlr panel jack to 7 pin midi cable for the mastermind. I can phantom power the mastermind from my rack and still have locking jacks on the side of the TT and on the front of my rack.

edit: what do you think of the rockcrusher? I'd love to end up with one some time
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Quote:
ya hammertone I forgot what it was called. I got mine from TT but it was something they had in their closeout closet or whatever, got it for about half of what a new one costs iirc, it's a size they don't make anymore but works fine for me as all I've got on it are my pitch black, EB, a cantrell wah, and my RJM mastermind. I don't have mine completely wired yet, but I did manage to rig up a 7 pin xlr panel jack to 7 pin midi cable for the mastermind. I can phantom power the mastermind from my rack and still have locking jacks on the side of the TT and on the front of my rack.

edit: what do you think of the rockcrusher? I'd love to end up with one some time
Nice! I plan on adding the locking Neutrik connectors, 7 pin MIDI (transfer power as well) and the power cable as I will have my ISO-5 underneath.

The RockCrusher is an essential part of my rig. Even normal jamming and live use I regularily run on -3 or -8 and it's perfect! I did love the HotPlate I had for a few years, but the RockCrusher just retains your amp's tone & feel WAY better. It is pricey but I assure you it's soooooo worth it. I can keep it on -20 with the 2 babies and wife sleeping in the house and it still sounds great to me. Rivera really knocked it out of the park with this unit.
Unread 09-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
The Optimist Prime.

GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/GuitaristOfHell is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice Rig! Time to

If You're selling a Gibson Explorer PM Me!

Proud gear owner of:
Schecter V-1 ATX with passive duncans
Takamine EG 431 SC (something like that)
1994 Peavey bandit 112 combo/ head
Hughes and Kettner 4x12
Boss GT8
MXR ZW OD and that's all folks!
GuitaristOfHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
wake up dead

Quote:
Nice! I plan on adding the locking Neutrik connectors, 7 pin MIDI (transfer power as well) and the power cable as I will have my ISO-5 underneath.

The RockCrusher is an essential part of my rig. Even normal jamming and live use I regularily run on -3 or -8 and it's perfect! I did love the HotPlate I had for a few years, but the RockCrusher just retains your amp's tone & feel WAY better. It is pricey but I assure you it's soooooo worth it. I can keep it on -20 with the 2 babies and wife sleeping in the house and it still sounds great to me. Rivera really knocked it out of the park with this unit.
cool, I love hearing reviews about the rockcrusher like that, I'd rather have an amp collection than a axefx. I built a room in my basement last winter that I did some sound isolation during construction (decoupled double stud walls, decoupled ceiling, sealed doors, etc) and I actually get really good attenuation in there from the rest of the house. I also have 2 young ones at home (3 years and 3 months). I figure the rockcrusher + amp in my studio room will be awesome. I plan to get a nice 1x12 and some different speakers for it. I also have a good sized closet in my studio room that I'm contemplating building a nice oversized iso area, big enough I could actually put a cab inside of it...need time, and money
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #16
Banned

ibanezRG1527 can only hope to improve
clips or i break into your house
ibanezRG1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #17
SS.org Regular

AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I've always wanted to try a guitar sub, whether it be the Rivera or an ISP Vector Sub. Very awesome rig, I bet it sounds like the end of the world!
AlexWadeWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #18
SS.org Regular

Quote:
cool, I love hearing reviews about the rockcrusher like that, I'd rather have an amp collection than a axefx. I built a room in my basement last winter that I did some sound isolation during construction (decoupled double stud walls, decoupled ceiling, sealed doors, etc) and I actually get really good attenuation in there from the rest of the house. I also have 2 young ones at home (3 years and 3 months). I figure the rockcrusher + amp in my studio room will be awesome. I plan to get a nice 1x12 and some different speakers for it. I also have a good sized closet in my studio room that I'm contemplating building a nice oversized iso area, big enough I could actually put a cab inside of it...need time, and money
Next house we buy my plan is to do similar: heavy soundproofing. It would be nice to be able to open up the amp once in a while. I still really want to setup a small recording area with a Rivera Silent Sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWadeWC View Post
I've always wanted to try a guitar sub, whether it be the Rivera or an ISP Vector Sub. Very awesome rig, I bet it sounds like the end of the world!
Indeed it does. They really are an interesting addition to the rig. Looking forward to seeing you guys November 11th here in Calgary!! I'd offer to let you try the Rivera Rig out, but I'm not sure how much free time you'll have.....
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
wake up dead

silent sister is very interesting. if I can't figure out a way to do the "iso closet" with a real cab, I'd like to go the silent sister route. something like a silent sister with some different speakers and a rockcrusher would be very versatile me thinks, though I can't recall reading how much of a pain it is to change out speakers in it
Unread 09-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #20
Banned

im going to have to break into your house arent i?
Unread 09-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #21
Jebus

Goatchrist is just really niceGoatchrist is just really nice
That looks great!!!!! What a rig!?

Nice, COngrats!

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Goatchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezRG1527 View Post
im going to have to break into your house arent i?
Hehe, that won't be neccesary.

I do not have the means to record @ home but I am working with someone that does. I will definitely post any recordings I make as soon as I can!
Unread 09-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #23
SS.org Regular

trippled is a glorious beacon of lighttrippled is a glorious beacon of lighttrippled is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Well it took me almost 3 years, but I finally found one for a great price..... And it was only 3 hours away!!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Rivera Los Lobottom Sub 2

This beast is intense! Sure it'll bring the lows to shake the foundations of your home, but when utilizing the high-pass circuit in my Rivera KR 100 what I noticed the most was the way my mids and highs cleaned up sooooo much!! It was crazy to hear/feel. What I like the most is my clean tones. The Sub cab REALLY adds depth and makes them so rich.

All I need now is a black grill cloth so everything matches and a rack case.
Wow... ....in Awesome (-:
trippled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Hehe, that won't be neccesary.

I do not have the means to record @ home but I am working with someone that does. I will definitely post any recordings I make as soon as I can!
you better