homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

Overtoad is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Building Guitar: Need Help

I haven't spent an unnecessary dime in two years and I'm finally ready to buy the electric guitar of my dreams! The only problem is, I don't know what it is yet. I've always played an acoustic, so I don't know jack $#!+ about electrics. I'm building a Les Paul on warmoth.com and I need help deciding what options to chose. I play Indie and Folk-Punk (Los Campesinos!; Defiance, Ohio; This Bike is a Pipe Bomb; etc.). If anyone and everyone can weigh in on the core wood, input jack route, and bridge route (tremolo), I'll be grateful.
P.S. I'm open to controversial options (Mahagony may not be the best core wood for everyone).
Overtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #2
ss.org Regular

Sykkel Spruce is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In my opinion, if you're not someone that plays an electric much you may not want to get a custom built. Since you may like a specific style now but after you play an electric a lot more, you may like a different style more and now you've already blown all your cash on the custom. Just play a ton of guitars figure out what size neck you're comfortable with, how heavy of a guitar you like to play with, or even just pick up a used Gibson Les Paul and roll with that for a bit until you totally know what guitar you want if that's the style your into.
Sykkel Spruce is offline   Reply With Quote