homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MaxOfMetal
  • 1 Post By nonr
  • 1 Post By RockerAlex

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bugera 6262 Infinium?

Sup guys, been thinking about grabbing one of these amps but them seem to been an absolute pain in the ass to get your hands on one in the UK, specifically Northern Ireland.

Has anybody else got one of these amps in the UK that can recommend me how to go about buying one? Everywhere I've phoned just say they're impossible to get, apparently. :S
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
From what I understand they're going to be very hard to get a hold of since the FCC (as well as the EU's version) are going over them still. It's looking like Bugera is turning into quite the quagmire.
cwhitey2 likes this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

For what reason are they "going over" them?

They seem to be available for pre-order through DV247, but I don't know if I should trust that or not.
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Thall, that is all

MobiusR is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerAlex View Post
For what reason are they "going over" them?

They seem to be available for pre-order through DV247, but I don't know if I should trust that or not.
"going over" = Making sure they arent exact replicas of the actual amp for example. But i heard the Infinium and The TriRec/Magician is coming out november
MobiusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusR View Post
"going over" = Making sure they arent exact replicas of the actual amp for example. But i heard the Infinium and The TriRec/Magician is coming out november
Strange, I read the Infinium is already out ... now I'm just confused.
Unread 08-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

nonr will become famous soon enough
Infinium heads are not out yet. Trirec and Magician hit the stores around November and the others a bit earlier around October. Got that info on the Bugera Amps Facebook page.
MobiusR likes this.
nonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

markbolwell54 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I've had the normal 6262 and the 6262 infinium on pre order with DV247 since May! They have basically given up now and just told me that they haven't got a clue when they will have them!

I have tried everywhere with no luck so your best best is 2nd hand on Ebay. Even Thomann cant get them and their buying power must be massive.

I have given up as I managed to score a 6505 for a good deal and have cancelled my pre order with DV247.
markbolwell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 03:22 AM   #8
Warrior of tru metal

Albionic is a jewel in the rough
i gave up on the 6262infinium i had on order with dv247 and bought a 333xl they had in their b-stock section. when i emailed behringer they said the models were not out and even they had no idea when they would be.
although that dosen't explain the lack of the non infinium models
i think legal issues might be to blame
Albionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:56 AM   #9
Death Metal™

cwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of light
IMO they have them on pre-order because they will sell them at some point, but no one knows when. I just don't think anyone expected it to take this long.

I would like to try a TriRec...

BUT seeing as they copied other amps in the past (which don't seem to be for sale at stores in this country), i cant see these actually coming out until next year. That is just my guess...considering i have been waiting a year already

I'm down for copying an amazing amps sound...but don't make an exact clone...

Would i like a cheap Mesa yes...but this is why Mesa patents everything they make...so cheap replicas don't pop up over night. Plus you don't actually get the 'joy' per say of owning a Mesa

Mesa 2 channel
Basson 4x12

cwhitey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

Is there enough sound quality difference between the 6262 and 6262 Infinium? If not then should I just get a regular 6262 head?
Unread 08-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusR View Post
The FCC doesn't care if they're exact replicas, they test them for electrical safety and radio emissions and if you don't meet the standards you can't sell them in the US. The EU has a body that does the same thing.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
OMNIHILITY

ShadowFactoryX is just really niceShadowFactoryX is just really nice
Quote:
Is there enough sound quality difference between the 6262 and 6262 Infinium? If not then should I just get a regular 6262 head?
the infinium is a functional feature, and does not affect sound

I like my guitar tone like I like my women, perfect rounded bottom end, cut in the mid section, heavy on the top end, and super tight.

Omnium - Atmospheric/Trance/Ambient
ShadowFactoryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFactoryX View Post
the infinium is a functional feature, and does not affect sound
So I see no reason to wait for the Infinium, if a regular 6262 will sound the same. Thanks!
ShadowFactoryX likes this.
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #14
ss.org Regular

James7321 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
So I see no reason to wait for the Infinium, if a regular 6262 will sound the same. Thanks!
I think the whole point of the infinium is to prologue the life of the tubes. You can also mix and match tubes because it sorts all the bias for you, Pretty handy feature if a tube blows mid gig. The sound isn't affected in any way but you save a fair bit of cash in the long run due to longer tube life and not having to buy matched sets. I'm also looking to buy this amp but am torn between this and the 333XL. Anyone have any experience with them both?
James7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #15
SS.org Regular

Nesty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James7321 View Post
I think the whole point of the infinium is to prologue the life of the tubes. You can also mix and match tubes because it sorts all the bias for you, Pretty handy feature if a tube blows mid gig. The sound isn't affected in any way but you save a fair bit of cash in the long run due to longer tube life and not having to buy matched sets. I'm also looking to buy this amp but am torn between this and the 333XL. Anyone have any experience with them both?

The 333xl is a clone of the peavey JSX. More dark sounding than the 6262, slightly more low end. I'd say it's also more versatile if you're looking to play thrash type bands as well as teh br00talz metalcore.

The 6262 is a clone of the 5150/6505. Tones of gain like the 333xl. Very mid heavy. Not as good cleans as the 333 but better cleans than the peavey. Pretty much the bog standard amp for metalcore. I have one myself and I'm extremely happy with it.

So, 6262 for straight up metal, 333 for more versatility if you want to branch off to genre's such as blues and jazzz. Both very good amps IMO.

Hope this helps.
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #16
OMNIHILITY

ShadowFactoryX is just really niceShadowFactoryX is just really nice
I can tell you more about the 333XL when mine arrives next week

I like my guitar tone like I like my women, perfect rounded bottom end, cut in the mid section, heavy on the top end, and super tight.

Omnium - Atmospheric/Trance/Ambient
ShadowFactoryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 12:39 AM   #17
Wolves Of Walnutport

Dark Aegis has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesty View Post
The 333xl is a clone of the peavey JSX. More dark sounding than the 6262, slightly more low end. I'd say it's also more versatile if you're looking to play thrash type bands as well as teh br00talz metalcore.

The 6262 is a clone of the 5150/6505. Tones of gain like the 333xl. Very mid heavy. Not as good cleans as the 333 but better cleans than the peavey. Pretty much the bog standard amp for metalcore. I have one myself and I'm extremely happy with it.

So, 6262 for straight up metal, 333 for more versatility if you want to branch off to genre's such as blues and jazzz. Both very good amps IMO.

Hope this helps.
I thought the 333xl was a copy of the peavey triple x
Dark Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #18
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
333 = XXX
333XL = JSX

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #19
SS.org Regular

I'll tell/show/let you all hear more about the Bugera 6262 with a Schecter Hellraiser C-8 in the very near future.