homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Laney Ironheart IRT60H/120H

(did search, sorry if this has already been covered)

Laney Amplification

Only noticed these recently and haven't been able to track down (m)any clips or much information as they're not in the shops as yet. Previewed earlier in the year there has been some changes from those prototypes but all of them for the better.

Clearly there's been a lot of influence from other companies in the UK (built-in attenuator, "ISF/Shape" control) but the specs look impressive and the range features a 60 watt head, 120 watt head, 60 watt combo as well as a couple of cabs.

Blurb for the 60 watt head and 2 x 12 cab:
Quote:
H 60W three channel all valve guitar head.

Laney, the quintessential UK amplification brand that helped give birth to Heavy Metal, is proud to present the all-new IRONHEART range of amplifiers. Forged deep in the Black Country, the IRONHEART IRT60H valve head continues the legacy begun decades before with Laney amps such as KLIPP and AOR.

Brimming with features, amazing tone and stunning looks, the IRONHEART IRT60H is a thoroughbred metal amp on steroids.

Features

Producing 60 watts RMS of all ECC83 & 6L6 valve tone the IRT120H possess masses of gain and like its metal relatives – such as the Laney KLIPP and the Laney AOR hits you hard between the eyes like a power hammer from hell!

3 Channels: - Independent level controls

The IRONHEART range all feature three channels: - Clean, Rhythm & Lead all with independent level controls. The Clean and the Rhythm channels share a 3- band EQ with pull-push shift features on each control, that gives you total control over your sound allowing you to dial in that killer tone. The Lead channel has an independent 3- band EQ with pull-push shift features on each control allowing for some radical lead tones.

Pre Boost

One great feature on the IRONHEART is the Pre Boost feature. This works just like kicking in you favourite boost pedal right before your amp. It’s available where ever you are on the pre amp and can be switched in or out via the supplied footswitch.

WATTS Control

A standout feature of the IRONHEART range is the WATTS control in the master section. This allows you to really screw down the output of the IRONHEART’s 2 x 6L6 output section, down to less than 1 watt! Great for getting the sound of a full -blown metal head at bedroom levels.

Dynamics Control

Combine this with a Dynamics control which tightens up you low end when you’re playing a full power and you have a great metal tone at whatever level you decide to play at.

Tone Control

The Tone control works really effectively and allows you to make quick adjustments to your overall sound should you for example change guitars.

Reverb Control

The IRONHEART features a custom designed and specifically tuned reverb allowing you to add just the right amount of reverb wash over your tone.

There is no doubt that IRONHEART is a serious kick-ass metal amp and much more.

Just Play It!

IRT212 160W IRONHEART guitar cabinet
A kick ass metal amp deserves something special for a cabinet and that’s exactly what the IRONHEART 212 cabinet is!
Designed to be used stand-alone or as part of a full stack setup each cabinet is loaded with 2 HH Custom designed 12” Custom drivers which hammer out a blistering 160W (8 Ohms). These straight fronted cabinets house an angled baffle to give you the best of both worlds.
More than enough for any metal monster.
This classic combination of Laney and HH makes all the difference when you’re talking BIG tone, great low-end response, open mids and a sweet top end.
Like it’s bigger partner each IRT212 is manufactured out of robust hand-selected A grade ply and engineered to such a demanding standard that it will take whatever you throw at it for years to come.
Clothed in textured black tolex, and outfitted with steel corners and top mounted castor cups each IRT212 is finished off with top mounted heavy-duty bar handles making moving this cabinet from gig to gig a breeze.
The 120 watt head has 4 6L6's instead of two and I have to say that I'm quite excited. Laney have never really enjoyed the profile or reputation of many companies and yet they have produced some absolutely outstanding amps over the years. Lack of an emulated out might not please some people but I can't see that being a "make or break" feature for most.

Looks like the 60 watt head is going to be about 540 and the 120 should sit around the 700 mark.

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
ShadyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
Apparently I may have been selectively blind for the last few months, feel free to throw bricks at my head

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
Freshman

Sikor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've hard Ironheart at Musikmesse played by Mattias IA Eklundh and Chritophe Godin

It sounded very good, I liked it a lot

Here are 2 photos I made:

ShadyDavey likes this.

Practice cures most tone issues - John Suhr
--
My Musikmesse 2012 gallery and more...
Sikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #4

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Been waiting for US prices for these, if the 60watter is $800 I might pick one up. I always said Laney needed a modern metal amp, and this might be it.
Wookieslayer and ShadyDavey like this.
Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
7ibrarian

Nice shots Sikor - particularly good to see the back panel.

Tosh - yeah, absolutely. My first ever tube amp was a Laney and I've had a soft spot for them ever since

http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/guitar/...onheart-ir60h-

Looks as if the price for the 60w was correct, although I'm not sure how the transatlantic exchange rate will fluctuate over the length of the time it will no doubt take for them to hit the US.

Unread 08-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
They should have named it the Laney ENGLheart.

Can't wait to try it, something totally fresh on the Market.
ShadyDavey likes this.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
7ibrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
They should have named it the Laney ENGLheart.

Can't wait to try it, something totally fresh on the Market.
Sort of ish

AOR-style boosts with some nice dynamic control + attenuator isn't totally revolutionary etc......but hopefully there will be enough real tone at a competitive price to make it worthwhile.

Rather a Laney than a Marshall for me personally, even if the HH Drivers may be a bit wooly ^^

Unread 08-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
Thundercrafter

Dead Undead is just really niceDead Undead is just really nice
Damn it... more amp GAS. I have to have one now.
Albionic likes this.

"if everyone thought i was as funny as i think i am, everyone would quote me in their signatures" - Grand Moff Tim
Dead Undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 01:00 AM   #9
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Saw that first Musikmesse demo few months back. Definitely looking forward to this. Laney makes great amps and a 6L6 modern head would sounds really cool.

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #10
Lord Green Fingers

maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
How come the Ironheart is cheaper than the VH100R? Is it made in China?

May see if I can get one of these closer to christmas
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #11

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliciousteve View Post
How come the Ironheart is cheaper than the VH100R? Is it made in China?

May see if I can get one of these closer to christmas
Supposedly Chinese made parts built in the UK, but I don't know 100%..

Seems like this should be competition for the Blackstar HT100 head.

Someone needs to get one and do a demo of nothing but metal riffs with the 2 channels. Laney's demos have all been shred, which the GH/VH amps had no problem with...
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #12
Freshman

Sikor is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyDavey View Post
Nice shots Sikor - particularly good to see the back panel.
Thanks

Quote:
Nevada Music - Laney Ironheart IR60H Valve Head 60 Watt Guitar Amplifier

Looks as if the price for the 60w was correct, although I'm not sure how the transatlantic exchange rate will fluctuate over the length of the time it will no doubt take for them to hit the US.
Wow, this is really good price!

Practice cures most tone issues - John Suhr
--
My Musikmesse 2012 gallery and more...
Sikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
7ibrarian

New demo from Laney.

Gief more Alex Hutchings and his 7 string tbh!

Edit:

Hush my mouth, Ibby 8 string makes an appearance later.
Toshiro likes this.

Unread 08-03-2011, 09:10 AM   #14

Okay, now I ....ing want one!
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #15
Thundercrafter

Dead Undead is just really niceDead Undead is just really nice
My GAS is off the charts.

"if everyone thought i was as funny as i think i am, everyone would quote me in their signatures" - Grand Moff Tim
Dead Undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
wow that thing sounds ....ing angry mean!

Unread 10-04-2011, 03:43 AM   #17
7ibrarian

Alex Hutchings once again - this time in Bangkok:

Isn't helping my GAS

Unread 10-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #18

US Prices from the distributor:

Ironheart IRT60H $849.00
Ironheart IRT120H $999.00
Ironheart IRT60-212 $959.00
Ironheart IRT412 $499.00
Ironheart IRT212 $329.00

I'm gonna grab a 60watt head once they hit the big retailers, probably sell my 3120 if this is better.
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #19
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
625€.....*$*#

I really don't need another amp...I reaaaaally don't........>_<.....GAS......

763 for teh 120w head, too.
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
OOOAAARWWWRR

Really want to play one of these in store... along with the mini 5150iii and DV Mark Triple 6... and Egnater Vengeance DDDD

Unread 10-09-2011, 06:53 AM   #21
7ibrarian

Better than a 3120? Interesting

Still sat on the fence over these, I may have the chance of a POD HD 500 next week and of course given my current non-gigging re-learning situation then the POD is a better tool.

Unread 10-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyDavey View Post
Better than a 3120? Interesting
Note that I said "if". Which is why I want a big retailer, so I can just return it.
Unread 10-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #23
7ibrarian

Aye, I noticed the qualifier mate

I shall be interested to hear your thoughts as and when you get chance to really test one out.

Unread 10-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #24

The demo makes it sound awesome, but I've been let down before by demos. I really like the built in attenuator, I just hope the gain channels are 'heavy' enough.
Unread 11-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #25
7ibrarian

Found a couple more demos and I'm getting seriously impressed by this thing!

Wookieslayer likes this.