homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree243Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #151
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
err income was what I meant, I have salary on the brain as I'm currently interviewing for jobs and thinking about making enough money to buy an Axe FX II . That is the median individual income for the USA from as recently as I remember.
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #152
SS.org Regular

buffa d is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Actually the only thing my standard lacks is a headphone output..
buffa d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #153
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffa d View Post
Actually the only thing my standard lacks is a headphone output..
Yeah but you should play it through monitors anyway - UP YOUR GAME BRAH haha
themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #154
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippin40oz View Post
I have worked in a IT company who sent equipment all over the world and the extra shipping requirements are a couple of mins extra work at most. Print off a customs invoice with the cost of the item and stick that to the box. Most companies will use internet web pages for the shipping companies so thats easy to do as well. And the actual money collection could be done through usual webstores in $ to avoid any hassle with exchange rates.

Yes it could be hassle with import laws if you were sending hundreds of different products to different countries. But we are talking 4 Fractal Audio products and 5 Atomic audio products which are all electronics based. They are sold in the EU already so theres no problems with meeting safety standards. Taxes are all paid by the reciever so theres no issues with that.

With the question of warranties, most exporters state that if you buy it from the states then there is no warranty. Rondo is a good example of this working fine. Rondo sends out fragile items with a diverse product range all over the world why cant Fractal do it?
They CAN do it, but it sounds like Cliff really doesn't want to bother. It's much easier for them to package ~20 Axe-FX units and do one shipment to G66 rather than setting up and packaging 20 separate international to varying countries. I know it's not ideal for the consumer, but Fractal sure as hell isn't having trouble moving units. There's no incentive for them to put more time into moving their supply when they can't keep up with the demand they already have. These are the same growing pains a lot of boutique companies go through. I'm sure as Fractal's customer base grows along with their manufacturing capabilities, then they'll eventually have to come up with a more efficient means of distribution.

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Larrikin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #155
HONKEY DONKEY

oniduder is a name known to alloniduder is a name known to alloniduder is a name known to alloniduder is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
funny seeing all the axe-fx shit for sale "randomly" now, hehe

bahahahahhahacopgterasdlfkjads;lfkjrofl;
oniduder is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #156
SS.org Regular

Zenerith will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn i've just received a nice Ultra-offer here in sevenstring.org and i don't know which one to buy xD Ultra or Axe II...ultra is 2 months old and would go around 1800dollars which is a really nice price i think. I'm not a professional guitarrist yet and mostly play and record at my small homestudio..investing 2300€ on Axe-Fx II might be a bit overkill maybe...hmmm (lots of GAS)
Zenerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #157
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Well, first I'd wait to get ot hear what the difference actually is before making my choice. For all the Ooohs and Aaaahs we still haven't heard anything.
It's fractal, it will be good, but exactly how much better than an original one ? Will it actually be worth upgrading if you already own a standard or Ultra ?
sessionswan and xRiCoRex like this.
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #158
SS.org Regular

Zenerith will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalia View Post
Well, first I'd wait to get ot hear what the difference actually is before making my choice. For all the Ooohs and Aaaahs we still haven't heard anything.
It's fractal, it will be good, but exactly how much better than an original one ? Will it actually be worth upgrading if you already own a standard or Ultra ?
My thoughts exactly, also another thing worrying me is this; what if something breaks up? Will i still have the guarantee as i would be buying it used and from USA. I guess i should just wait and think this over carefully, it's midnight here now anyway, goodnight!
Zenerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #159
SS.org Regular

Jzbass25 is just really niceJzbass25 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalia View Post
Agreed but I am almost certain it will be even closer to the real thing thanks to the extra processes

In the jungle you must wait, until the dice read 5 or 8
Jzbass25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:14 PM   #160
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenerith View Post
Damn i've just received a nice Ultra-offer here in sevenstring.org and i don't know which one to buy xD Ultra or Axe II...ultra is 2 months old and would go around 1800dollars which is a really nice price i think. I'm not a professional guitarrist yet and mostly play and record at my small homestudio..investing 2300€ on Axe-Fx II might be a bit overkill maybe...hmmm (lots of GAS)
Honestly I'd wait for the Axe-II personally. The price is going to drop on the Ultras (just find a guy on eBay who will ship to you, they're as low as $1500USD in some auctions even today!) so if you want one of those wait for a bit and snag one cheap. If the offer is above that, I'd pass. The Axe-Fx II has one MAJOR thing going for it... FUTURE UPGRADES! The firmware went all the way up to version 11.0 for the Ultra. They're on version 1.0 for the Axe II... you'll still be getting updated models, effects, algorithms etc. for years to come whereas the Ultra, while it is a beast already, will absolutely stay the same as there are no future plans for firmware updates from what I'm hearing and the memory is almost full as-is. Not to mention that Cliff himself said it's using all new algorithms that sound even better.... if he says so, I'd be willing to believe him as he never lied about the Ultra and the Standard!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #161
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
Honestly I'd wait for the Axe-II personally. The price is going to drop on the Ultras (just find a guy on eBay who will ship to you, they're as low as $1500USD in some auctions even today!) so if you want one of those wait for a bit and snag one cheap. If the offer is above that, I'd pass. The Axe-Fx II has one MAJOR thing going for it... FUTURE UPGRADES! The firmware went all the way up to version 11.0 for the Ultra. They're on version 1.0 for the Axe II... you'll still be getting updated models, effects, algorithms etc. for years to come whereas the Ultra, while it is a beast already, will absolutely stay the same as there are no future plans for firmware updates from what I'm hearing and the memory is almost full as-is. Not to mention that Cliff himself said it's using all new algorithms that sound even better.... if he says so, I'd be willing to believe him as he never lied about the Ultra and the Standard!
If he was in the US I would probably agree with you BUT the price of an Axe Fx II in Europe from G66 is going to be INSANE.... absolutely INSANE.
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #162
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
If he was in the US I would probably agree with you BUT the price of an Axe Fx II in Europe from G66 is going to be INSANE.... absolutely INSANE.
Sorry I meant to say wait and buy one second-hand from the US, like I suggested regarding the Ultra option (forgot to add that ). Even used, it will still be WAY cheaper.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #163
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Guys... Seriously... Hold me...

Too much want! Not enough cash!

What am i meant to do with myself?!

GOD!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #164
Yes, pancakes.

simulclass83 is just really nicesimulclass83 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm really curious as to how long the waiting list is going to be.
simulclass83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #165
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
There is no waiting list. You'll be able to buy online when they come in, and that's it (at least from Fractal, no idea what the Euro distributor will do)

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #166
What... the... F@#k!

nothingleft09 is just really nicenothingleft09 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Well, all I know is I planned on buying an Ultra in october. So I'm glad I waited since I had the money to get one this month. So, good thing for buying new guitars first.
nothingleft09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #167
Yes, pancakes.

simulclass83 is just really nicesimulclass83 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
There is no waiting list. You'll be able to buy online when they come in, and that's it (at least from Fractal, no idea what the Euro distributor will do)
With the numbers of people wanting one, are you sure they'll be able to pump out enough of them?
simulclass83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #168
Avant Temporal

right_to_rage is just really niceright_to_rage is just really nice
Didn't they find a manufacturer in China to keep up with demands? Makes sense if they are only selling one product now.
right_to_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #169
What... the... F@#k!

nothingleft09 is just really nicenothingleft09 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Well, if the Ultra AND Standard are gone, why go overseas manufacturing? You just got rid of all your previous products so they should be able to devote all current manufacturing they have to the AFX II where they were focusing on 2 different products before. They already have the set up for 2 lines obviously so I would say they probably just modified and would run both the old lines dedicated now to the AFX II so now they have twice the output of one product at home in the USA. That makes more sense.
nothingleft09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #170
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by simulclass83 View Post
With the numbers of people wanting one, are you sure they'll be able to pump out enough of them?
It's very possible the runs will sell out just like the previous ones did occasionally. I'd imagine that during those times it will tell you they're out of stock when you try to order one online...

Also there has been zero official word on any manufacturing changes, so anything anybody says on that at this point is just rumors. Cliff is the one that said there would be no waiting lists this time, it's first come first served when they get them in.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #171
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
To the australian guys:
Independent music have removed the prices of all 3 units on their website
http://shop.independentmusic.com.au/...io-Atomic-Amp/
I am anticipating a price drop on the old series, why else would they pull the price from the site? Exciting stuff

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #172
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_sam14 View Post
To the australian guys:
Independent music have removed the prices of all 3 units on their website
Fractal Audio / Atomic Amp Products
I am anticipating a price drop on the old series, why else would they pull the price from the site? Exciting stuff
Could also be they have no Ultras or Standards in stock and won't be selling them anymore

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #173
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Could also be they have no Ultras or Standards in stock and won't be selling them anymore
Dont ruin this for me

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #174
Chug Life

Thats exactly why - there haven't been any in stock for over a month and they haven't made any new ones since they knew everything was going to the II
Unread 05-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #175
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Consumerism at work. And it's funny to see.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote