homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree243Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #451
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VILARIKA View Post
Received mine not too long ago. It had a problem functioning, so I had to send it back to Fractal and hopefully I will get it back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Spirit_Crusher View Post
What kind of problem it had? what was wrong?
This.

http://www.facebook.com/BristolGuitars | https://soundcloud.com/nojyeloot

"If anyone speaks badly of you, live so that no one believes it."[/FONT]

nojyeloot is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #452
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Man a mackie hd1531, an Axe FX 2 and an MFC-101, that's my ....ing dream rig right there

sad to hear about the issue though mate

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #453
SS.org Regular

VILARIKA is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
What kind of problem it had? what was wrong?
The entire front panel wouldn't function. Only the scrolling knob would work from time to time, but that even had inconsistent scrolling issues. I emailed Fractal support and they said it should get back to them soon, so I won't be too long without it

Also, support from Fractal is awesome. They respond back to emails quickly and efficiently!
VILARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #454
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Yeah I noticed a lot of guys saying that their unit was having trouble powering up and Cliff said there was an issue with the DSP but it wasn't something he could change? I dunno, I won't dig at Cliff because I think his work with the Axe-Fx is phenomenal, but to me that seems like a rather lame excuse that could lead to leaving you with a $2200 brick if it never starts back up again! Most guys said it would start back up after a few restarts, a few others were not having as much luck. I really want an Axe-Fx II but I find it odd that it's having that many DSP issues when the first gen chips were not doing that at all?

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #455
enormous member

OzoneJunkie is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
Yeah I noticed a lot of guys saying that their unit was having trouble powering up and Cliff said there was an issue with the DSP but it wasn't something he could change? I dunno, I won't dig at Cliff because I think his work with the Axe-Fx is phenomenal, but to me that seems like a rather lame excuse that could lead to leaving you with a $2200 brick if it never starts back up again! Most guys said it would start back up after a few restarts, a few others were not having as much luck. I really want an Axe-Fx II but I find it odd that it's having that many DSP issues when the first gen chips were not doing that at all?
Hardware can have issues/bugs just like software. Sometimes a firmware can fix, other times hardware needs to be replaced.

Fractal is an amazing company, and I'm quite certain no one will be left with a $2200 brick. They'll do what's right. They always do. I trust FAS and Cliff.
BigPhi84, VILARIKA and themike like this.
OzoneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #456
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Yeah, the amount of issues that people have had with it can vary, as I have read. Unfortunately, I think I had one of the worst cases. I was sent a replacement ribbon cable for the front panel, but even that couldn't help solve the issue. It's a problem that's been brought up by multiple users, so I am sure they are getting down to fixing it.

I'm not surprised at this too much though, majority of hardware products have issues throughout their first run of release. I just hope it's not something that will linger with the II for long.
Unread 08-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #457
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzoneJunkie View Post
Hardware can have issues/bugs just like software. Sometimes a firmware can fix, other times hardware needs to be replaced.

Fractal is an amazing company, and I'm quite certain no one will be left with a $2200 brick. They'll do what's right. They always do. I trust FAS and Cliff.
Nowhere did I say they wouldn't try to fix the issue. I was, however, surprised at how nonchalant he was about giving the answer of "yeah we know about that issue, it's the DSP." instead of "we're doing ______ to fix it." Again I'm the last one to hop on the hatewagon, I love Fractal's stuff and I hope Cliff is feeling better, just one of those "should have popped up during beta testing so it wouldn't make it to production run" issues IMO.

Quote:
Yeah, the amount of issues that people have had with it can vary, as I have read. Unfortunately, I think I had one of the worst cases. I was sent a replacement ribbon cable for the front panel, but even that couldn't help solve the issue. It's a problem that's been brought up by multiple users, so I am sure they are getting down to fixing it.

I'm not surprised at this too much though, majority of hardware products have issues throughout their first run of release. I just hope it's not something that will linger with the II for long.
Agreed, but typically the majority of major issues (and I'd call failure to boot major ) are found and resolved before the first units ship. It's possible that they had no idea before they started shipping the units but considering some guys were reporting the issue the first week (or more specifically within days of receiving their units) of ownership I wouldn't think that was the case.
BigPhi84 likes this.

Unread 08-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #458
SS.org Regular

Great customer support, I just got the tracking # for the new II on it's way

Creepy though, I ordered the II at 2:12PM, and it was order #212...
The first II shipped on 7/15/11, and this new one was also shipped on 8/15/11...

HighGain510 and BigPhi84 like this.
Unread 08-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #459
enormous member

OzoneJunkie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Nowhere did I say they wouldn't try to fix the issue.
You're right. My bad - sorry about that.

As time goes on, we'll see any trending issues and resolutions.
HighGain510 likes this.
OzoneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #460
Cold As Ice

Quote:
Great customer support, I just got the tracking # for the new II on it's way

Creepy though, I ordered the II at 2:12PM, and it was order #212...
The first II shipped on 7/15/11, and this new one was also shipped on 8/15/11...

Right on, glad to see it was resolved quickly! Yet again Cliff proves he takes care of folks, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzoneJunkie View Post
You're right. My bad - sorry about that.

As time goes on, we'll see any trending issues and resolutions.
No worries man, not a problem. Like I said, I love the product and think the customer service is great, I was just troubled by the initial response Cliff gave to one of the issues that I personally consider to be more serious than others, i.e. unit won't power up sometimes.
OzoneJunkie and VILARIKA like this.

Unread 08-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #461
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Agreed, but typically the majority of major issues (and I'd call failure to boot major ) are found and resolved before the first units ship. It's possible that they had no idea before they started shipping the units but considering some guys were reporting the issue the first week (or more specifically within days of receiving their units) of ownership I wouldn't think that was the case.
If it's a case of a hardware failure from the DSP, a bad batch might explain it. He likely orders them in stages and has gone through at least two different series.
I would expect the unit to be tested before shipping though, with the price tag.
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #462
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalia View Post
If it's a case of a hardware failure from the DSP, a bad batch might explain it. He likely orders them in stages and has gone through at least two different series.
I would expect the unit to be tested before shipping though, with the price tag.
I believe they are all tested before they are shipped out. The problem I had with mine took several days to occur though, so there's nothing that they could do about that.
Unread 08-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #463
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
John Petrucci just posted on his twitter that he scored one of these bad boys, figured some of you may be excited by this
VILARIKA likes this.

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #464
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I honestly don't care as long as G66 still doesn't deliver the goods. Why is it that the guys with the best product have one of the worst distribution schemes of all the industry...
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #465
SS.org Regular

NickBen has a spectacular aura about
Just took the plunge and bought one...review, pics, and vids will be up when it gets here
TaylorMacPhail likes this.
NickBen is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:35 PM   #466
Death Metal and Jazz

Az_Spirit_Crusher has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBen View Post
Just took the plunge and bought one...review, pics, and vids will be up when it gets here
Welcome on the dark digital side.
Az_Spirit_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #467
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Welcome on the dark digital side.
Thanks! I can't wait, I think I'm still in shock that I bought it haha
Unread 08-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #468
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Thanks! I can't wait, I think I'm still in shock that I bought it haha
I'm sure everyone that purchased it has had that exact same feeling

Unread 09-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #469
SS.org Regular

nojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud ofnojyeloot has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
bump for update

Stumbled upon this post from Cliff, just now. Just an FYI:

Quote:
Today 11:05 AM #36
FractalAudio
Administrator

I wish I could supply everyone who is waiting unfortunately our suppliers are way behind and not giving me any definite answers on when we might get parts.

There is no conspiracy and it's simply foolish to assume there is one. Why on earth would anyone want to intentionally not sell something? That's just stupid.

If I had the units to sell I would sell them. I simply can't get supplies.

http://www.facebook.com/BristolGuitars | https://soundcloud.com/nojyeloot

"If anyone speaks badly of you, live so that no one believes it."[/FONT]

nojyeloot is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #470
SS.org Regular

Just got mine on Wednesday!! Its awesome so far, full review coming once I get some more time with it! Thank God its Friday!! Off to jam...
Unread 09-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #471
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Just got mine on Wednesday!! Its awesome so far, full review coming once I get some more time with it! Thank God its Friday!! Off to jam...
Snap. I didn't expect anyone else in the area to have one. Congrats.

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Larrikin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #472
SS.org Regular

spattergrind is just really nicespattergrind is just really nice
I was wondering:
I'm saving up for the AxeFx II.
If I "buy" the II, and I get the promo code, I dont have to buy it right away correct? I can still use the promo code later when I have the money?
spattergrind is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #473
SS.org Regular

Skanky is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by spattergrind View Post
I was wondering:
I'm saving up for the AxeFx II.
If I "buy" the II, and I get the promo code, I dont have to buy it right away correct? I can still use the promo code later when I have the money?

Pretty sure you have 30 days to use it.

BTW - LOVE my Axe-FX2!!!
Skanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #474
ss.org Regular

ScumTricycle is on a distinguished road
Anyone hear back from the waitlist?

Also, I'm sure this is a dumb question but the Axe-FX Ultra still rocks. Worth trying to find a one used for $500+ cheaper?
ScumTricycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #475
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
Yea anyone on the waiting list have some news?

I think I sent my e-mail July 5th.

ROAR is offline   Reply With Quote