homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree243Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #301
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky View Post
Not to kick a dead horse here, but one thing you're missing is how would an "independent reseller" handle warranty claims? The warranty is not transferable, and I sure wouldn't want to get on FA's bad side, since they set up the overseas trade policy and apparently don't intend to change it.
Fractal handles repairs very well even for 2nd hand owners. Cliff actually cut me a break on my 3rd Ultra even though I was the second owner. I was only charged $40 to have all of the midi connection replaced. They go out of their way to take care of any Axe-FX owner.

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Larrikin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #302
7slinger

Lorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I decided to jump on the band wagon this morning and join the G66 waiting list, they said about 8-12 weeks waiting time. By then their should be lots of reviews/sound samples etc so I can make my decision when my order comes thorough.
Lorcan Ward is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #303
SS.org Regular

Default_M has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin666 View Post
Fractal handles repairs very well even for 2nd hand owners. Cliff actually cut me a break on my 3rd Ultra even though I was the second owner. I was only charged $40 to have all of the midi connection replaced. They go out of their way to take care of any Axe-FX owner.
I was interested in buying a used unit from the USA a few months ago and when I emailed Fractal asking if the warranty was transferable they said no and told me that they wouldn't even touch the unit. E.g I wouldn't even be allowed to pay them to fix it if it went wrong.
Default_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #304
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Default_M View Post
I was interested in buying a used unit from the USA a few months ago and when I emailed Fractal asking if the warranty was transferable they said no and told me that they wouldn't even touch the unit. E.g I wouldn't even be allowed to pay them to fix it if it went wrong.
You may want to email Cliff directly and talk to him then. He responded to me personally when I put it an inquiry about the repair. I think I was actually the 3rd owner of that particular unit, and he gave me absolutely no trouble about the repair.

Also...I think every Axe-FX owner needs to take a second to really let it sink in that we never to deal with the midi interface issue ever again with the addition of USB. I sunk probably 20 hours of my life into getting different interfaces to work with my various computers and operating systems for getting firmware updates and using Axe-edit. If I could do a backflip....I would.

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Larrikin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #305
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin666 View Post
You may want to email Cliff directly and talk to him then. He responded to me personally when I put it an inquiry about the repair. I think I was actually the 3rd owner of that particular unit, and he gave me absolutely no trouble about the repair.

Also...I think every Axe-FX owner needs to take a second to really let it sink in that we never to deal with the midi interface issue ever again with the addition of USB. I sunk probably 20 hours of my life into getting different interfaces to work with my various computers and operating systems for getting firmware updates and using Axe-edit. If I could do a backflip....I would.
You're also in the US... I believe non-US buyers have to go through the distributor for service

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #306
SS.org Regular

Sippin40oz will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Default_M View Post
I emailed the Tremol-no makers in the USA few months back asking for a part number of a piece i broke and they sent me one for free from the USA! Thats how international customer service should be done Fractal! Iam not suggesting free Axe FXs should be sent out but you cant bend over backwards for the USA customers and send your EU customers off to be ass raped by G66.

What gets me is you have people defending Fractal saying oh its an international trade so Fractal cant do it. They cant send things by courier to another country its not worth it etc etc. I live in the UK. G66 is in Germany! That is an international trade! I have to pay in their currency euros. If i want it repaired or return it for warranty i have to send it Internationally back to Germany. The ONLY DIFFERNCE from USA to UK for fractal is an invoice stuck to the box. Thats it! The reciever covers all tax import costs. G66 make enough to cover costs and make a profit so fractal can not only afford to do it but make extra profit if they wanted to. Everyone complains about Mesa's EU prices which is a fair point. But fractal even have a direct selling system all set up so its much worse then Mesa its just laziness!
Sippin40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #307
Got T.I.N.G?

Hallic is just really niceHallic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippin40oz View Post
I emailed the Tremol-no makers in the USA few months back asking for a part number of a piece i broke and they sent me one for free from the USA! Thats how international customer service should be done Fractal! Iam not suggesting free Axe FXs should be sent out but you cant bend over backwards for the USA customers and send your EU customers off to be ass raped by G66.

What gets me is you have people defending Fractal saying oh its an international trade so Fractal cant do it. They cant send things by courier to another country its not worth it etc etc. I live in the UK. G66 is in Germany! That is an international trade! I have to pay in their currency euros. If i want it repaired or return it for warranty i have to send it Internationally back to Germany. The ONLY DIFFERNCE from USA to UK for fractal is an invoice stuck to the box. Thats it! The reciever covers all tax import costs. G66 make enough to cover costs and make a profit so fractal can not only afford to do it but make extra profit if they wanted to. Everyone complains about Mesa's EU prices which is a fair point. But fractal even have a direct selling system all set up so its much worse then Mesa its just laziness!
you're in the EU, stop being a denialist.

G66 is the HQ for EU-repairs

"I love Instrumental screamo" - ;']
Hallic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #308
SS.org Regular

Sippin40oz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallic View Post
you're in the EU, stop being a denialist.

G66 is the HQ for EU-repairs
Lol EU is not a country so it is international! It still has to go on a plane or boat to get to me.
Sippin40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #309
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippin40oz View Post
Lol EU is not a country so it is international! It still has to go on a plane or boat to get to me.
As does mine if I need to send my Fractal 3 states away to New Hampshire.
themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #310
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
I think we at SS.org should band together and buy ALL the II's then sell them for triple the price. Then we can buy an island and djent all day and night.

avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #311
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger View Post
I think we at SS.org should band together and buy ALL the II's then sell them for triple the price. Then we can buy an island and djent all day and night.

ss.org group buy, get on it!

cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #312
Pardon my french

Andromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud of
Buy that island as far away as possible please. No djent near where I live.
cyril v likes this.
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #313
SS.org Regular

Also we will buy a helicopter with large speakers (a la apocalypse now) to hover over Andromalia's house and blast the newest djenticle something day and night.
AngstRiddenDreams likes this.

Unread 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #314
Pardon my french

Andromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud ofAndromalia has much to be proud of
I'll retaliate and send some vikings to raid your island and steal your Axe FX II (who cares about the women, seriously) while singing some Amon Amarth songs while they're at it.
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #315
SS.org Regular

Bouvre is a jewel in the rough
Maybe since we buy in such bulk quantities we could 80% off, that would be quite Djenterous of them.
Bouvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #316
SS.org Regular

Zenerith will become famous soon enough
SS.org should be the worldwide distributor for Axe-Fx devices =D!
Zenerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #317
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalia View Post
I'll retaliate and send some vikings to raid your island and steal your Axe FX II (who cares about the women, seriously) while singing some Amon Amarth songs while they're at it.
If its VTW or earlier material i would welcome it! Honestly I dont get the djent thing but I say it on this website to seem hip.

on topic: trying to snag an ultra for 1500, I think in a month or so they might get that low in canada.

Unread 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #318
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Ok enough bullshit already... if you've got a problem with how Fractal distributes or services their products take it somewhere else. If you have something to say about the actual new units feel free to post it

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #319
Pardon my french

I was wondering, since you can now input pretty much whatever you want into the axe 2, from guitar signal to .wav file, is it too much to think the axe fx can now be used to mix pretty much anything ? Drums even ? There are EQs, compressors and reverbs...SD2.0 samples with Fractal effects quality...
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #320
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
There aren't 10 inputs so mixing drums through it would be mighty hard.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #321
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
There aren't 10 inputs so mixing drums through it would be mighty hard.
What are "drums" ?

themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #322
S-O
t(-.-t)

S-O is just really niceS-O is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I suppose you could bounce stuff, old skool style. Phase aligning may prove troublesome, but who knows. You could set up a send so that the axe would have say a reverb and delay in two different paths.

Seems like more effort than it's worth though haha. I'd say invest in nice plug ins or outboard gear, but the axe could do it.
S-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #323
SS.org Regular

Zenerith will become famous soon enough
I just got an email from g66.eu saying that my Axe-Fx II will arrive in July if everything goes as planned, meh(they said 8-12weeks almost 2 months ago). But as someone has said, the waitlist is loooooooooong so i understand. It seems that i'll be playing Pod Farm a bit longer than what was originally intended :P
Zenerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #324
Pardon my french

I think they're saying 8-12 weeks to just everybody.
Unread 05-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #325
SS.org Regular

KevHo is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnightshade View Post
^

Basically axe fx II emulates all those tube amps so truthfully,that it emits the sum of their thermal load to the atmosphere.Hence the higher tax
hahaha!
KevHo is offline   Reply With Quote