homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree109Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #176
Brojangles

Devotion is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's a program that consists of more code than fits into the bible, and of which the musical possibilities would make any vegetarians instantly eat a burger out of sheer joy. It would be quick to use and contains every amp and cab in history. A pedal would be used as a dongle, and you can just modify your tone with footswitches. It has been sent by God/Allah whatever himself, who is greater than the universe itself. The software will be able to run on mobile devices as well in a light version which would work with rotating your screen like in a rollercoaster. The software would be able to digitally reproduce any guitar sound without the need of an actual guitar, which was worked upon by around 1000 Chinese unvoluntaries. It pure awesomness is bigger than the amount of calories that fits in a ~8 ball icecream and would make a super model instantly eat the aforementioned icecream and thus losing her job. It is purely algorithmic, and was made in collaboration with santa himself, who will give a discount on the product for Christmas. It is so simple that even a donkey can use it, and you don't need fingers, a punch of the fist will suffice. The randomize option that will be included will make use of advanced dices and impossible geometric figures.

That is what I got out of it.
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #177
ss.org Regular

steve1 is just really nicesteve1 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
binary translator say that this

0100 0110 0111 0010 0110 0001 0110 0011 0111 0100 0110 0001 0110 1100 0010 0000 0100 0001 0111 0101 0110 0100 0110 1001 0110 1111 0011 1010 0010 1101 0010 1001

is this

Fractal Audio:-)
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #178
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ Yup
The 10000000 also translates to 2048, twice 1024 - which according to Fractal Forums could mean better quality IR's and the possibility to use longer ones for reverbs.
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #179
SS.org Regular

Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've been following the G66 countdown purely because I'm loving how cryptic it is. I don't know if this has been commented on before (most probably has, but the FA forums thread is too big for me to bother checking), but if you look at the image URLs for the pictures posted in Countdown 3, they're out of order. Putting them in order, you get the following:

1. Enormous book (library? Original image is here)
2. MP3 of "Beautiful Girls" by Van Halen
3. Statue of al-Khwarizmi, the Latinate form of whose name gives us the word "algorithm" (wiki).
4. Burger (looks like it's from some kind of fast food ad, can't tell what)

5. Universe (universal?)
6. Quick
7. XY (Axes? Access?)
8. Switch/Button

9. Kathleen Turner (Overdrive)
10. Rollercoaster (Loop?)
11. Binary for "Fractal Audio"
[12 doesn't exist. Interestingly, if you enter the URL http://g66.eu/images/stories/news%20...d-3/pic-12.jpg, it automatically redirects to picture #21]

13. HTC Hero (Smartphone?)
14. Angry Birds Axe-FX (App?)
15. Eye (this is cropped from a cartoon of Cliff)
16. Cabs

[17 doesn't exist, nor does it redirect.]
[18 isn't in the Countdown, but is exactly the same picture as 19, albeit without a white border]
19. Father Christmas (presents?)
20. Loads of numbers (FWIW, I think there are 3477 numbers in total)

21. Binary for 2048.
22. Ice cream cone.
[23 doesn't exist, nor does it redirect.]
24. Fist (power?)

25. Path (...Stairway To Heaven, haha. Original image - seems to be from a stock images pack)
26. Dice (66? 12?)
27. Puzzle (illusion? Original is made by someone called Irina Kuznetsova - Irina Kuznetsova’s Impossible World | Mighty Optical Illusions)
28. Donkey

Hmmm. The best I can do is for 5-10: "Universal quick access to switch overdrive + looper" or similar. 13-16 could possibly suggest some kind of smartphone app (with Cliff's eye being a play on "iPhone"?)

Anyway, probably about time I did some work...

EDIT: Damn. Took a while to post this, so I'm a bit behind a few people!
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #180
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
^ Nice
Here's the original of the fist if that's any help haha
http://t1.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/17/69/10/...gWlfLdcjmA.jpg
Unread 05-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #181
SS.org Regular

Kali Yuga has a spectacular aura about
This is wild, and way above my head.
Unread 05-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #182
Needs more strings

Quote:
I can't say too much, but I can say you guys are going to be blown away. Cliff sent a few of us "beta copies". I am blown away! I don't say that lightly. I try not to engage in too much hyperbole, but I am extremely impressed. A lot of thought went into this. And while nobody is able to make everyone happy, this will make a lot of people happy campers. Wow, just WOW!!!!!!!
:O
Unread 05-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #183
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealEntity View Post
:O
Who said that and where was it posted?

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, ESP, Schecter
Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II XL, MFC-101 MK III, Atomic CLR

Unread 05-07-2011, 12:11 PM   #184
Needs more strings

Sorry, one of the mods at the Fractal forum here Countdown 2... - Page 104
Unread 05-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #185
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Sweet!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, ESP, Schecter
Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II XL, MFC-101 MK III, Atomic CLR

Unread 05-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #186
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
If this is just firmware + Axe-Edit finally coming out of beta it's the most over-hyped thing ever

Guess we'll know monday

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 05-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #187
Needs more strings

G66 - NEW COUNTDOWN 2

Quote:

WHAT IF...?
What would happen if this person were to sit down again right now and develop something new? Now that the amps to be simulated can simply be bought and analyzed at leisure in a lab. With the technology of 2011 and all the experience gained over the years. In these new, optimal conditions. Is it not possible that something might come out of all this that exceeds even our wildest expectations?

Of course, it's just a hypothetical question... (to be continued...)
Unread 05-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #188
SS.org Regular

Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
To be honest, I now care more about trying to work out the picture puzzle when the news is eventually released than I care about whatever the product is, haha. Looking forward to the day after tomorrow, either way!
EtherealEntity likes this.
Unread 05-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #189

leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.leonardo7 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Its probably a software only version of their effects. Isnt that the one thing that they have been working on the longest and not yet released? Its got to be that.
Unread 05-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #190
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Seriously what a tease...it has better be something that interests me.
Unread 05-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #191
Needs more strings

^ This, haha!
I'm really excited for this even though I definately wont be buying any more gear of any sort (except my 9 string) until 2014..eek! Hopefully it's still up to date come then
Unread 05-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #192
ss.org Regular

mayx is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
WHAT IF...?
What would happen if this person were to sit down again right now and develop something new? Now that the amps to be simulated can simply be bought and analyzed at leisure in a lab. With the technology of 2011 and all the experience gained over the years. In these new, optimal conditions. Is it not possible that something might come out of all this that exceeds even our wildest expectations?

Of course, it's just a hypothetical question... (to be continued...)
Sounds like a massive frimwareupdate, with amps and cabs completely redone or a next gen axe fx, but i hope the first!
Unread 05-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #193
Needs more strings

Countdown 2... - Page 117

Quote:
Now I can spill the beans:
It's an external 1U extension box as mentioned before and the new Ultras will already come with the necessary connector (from the main board bus to a connector in the lid of the unit). Owners of existing Ultras can buy a mod kit with the cable and new lid.
More memory, more (2048 ) User Cab slots that you can name, real knobs for the main modifiers on the front, a second stereo FX Loop, USB (with Axe Edit 1.0), two(!) headphone jacks
If this is fact or not who knows, but it seems to be in line with everything I've read on there today.
Unread 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #194
Gear Whore

Pedrojoca is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
If this is just firmware + Axe-Edit finally coming out of beta it's the most over-hyped thing ever

Guess we'll know monday
hmmm... I don't think so, according to what was already posted here, there is a WHOLE LOT of mystery into this, i guess they wouldn't do that for a simple firmware update... plus, something about starting something new was posted here.

i'm soooo looking forward to this... i guess i'll just try to solve the puzzle
Unread 05-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #195
Needs more strings

From the same poster:
Quote:
I forgot to mention that the extension unit will have a bluetooth module. Fractal apps for iPhone, iPad and Android allow remote control and editing.
Sounds legit to me
Unread 05-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #196
Needs more strings

Strange, though. That statement has seemed to be overlooked and speculation continues. They're filling pages in minutes..haha!
Unread 05-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #197
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
You mean the statement you quoted? IIRC it's not from anyone associated with Fractal so why would you give it any more credit than any other guy rambling on a forum

Given the blue tooth comment he followed it up with he's clearly making shit up for amusement value...
EtherealEntity likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 05-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #198
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
The most credible thing is the "ick, tock" relation to the new Intel chips with an onboard DSP.
I'd be pissed if it was a higher end Ultra+ whatever...not because I'd be jealous or whatever, I got a standard that is very fine for me, but because it's not stuff I'd buy and Cliff made me want to buy something lol. (And I can actually afford it soon.)

A more high end unit would be wasted on me anyway.
Unread 05-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #199
@ESPImperium

ESPImperium is a glorious beacon of lightESPImperium is a glorious beacon of lightESPImperium is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like a FX only unit to me.
Unread 05-08-2011, 02:48 AM   #200
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Whatever he's releasing it better give out BJ's otherwise I'm going to be pissed about all the mind games that are occurring
Closed Thread