homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree109Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #76
SS.org Regular

Decipher is just really niceDecipher is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despised_0515 View Post
Please oh please be the effects-only AxeFX
If anything, this is what I would want. The only reason I haven't gotten an Axe-FX is that I don't want all the Amp modeling. I personally have no need for it as I adore my Rivera. But the Axe-FX effects are heavenly sounding so I would most definitely go for a Effects only unit at a fraction of the cost of the STD or Ultra.
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #77
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
When I visited Fractal, it was made clear that they could do the software version at any moment but there was zero incentive to do so for obvious reasons. I doubt that will see the light of day anytime in the near future, it would more or less make the physical unit obsolete for most owners.

As an Axe-FX owner myself who uses it almost every day at my store for guitar trials or recording projects, I am excited to hear what the news is though. A firmware update would be cool. I loved the idea of making his own audio interface, I hope that happens sometime.

An FX-only model doesn't interest me much. There are other fx processors out there with much better intelligent harmonizers, chorus, delays, rotarys, etc IMO. The strength of the Axe-FX to me is the amp/cabinet sounds and just its ease of use.
Wookieslayer, Ibanezz and drenz like this.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

Unread 05-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #78
SS.org Regular

noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
rack poweramp from atomic??
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #79
SS.org Regular

4Eyes is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I remember there were some rumors about cooperation of FAS with Fryette few months ago.

maybe a head with axe fx preamp section and fryette tube poweramp section? or something like that.
Unread 05-02-2011, 05:04 AM   #80
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
When I visited Fractal, it was made clear that they could do the software version at any moment but there was zero incentive to do so for obvious reasons. I doubt that will see the light of day anytime in the near future, it would more or less make the physical unit obsolete for most owners.
That's a shame. I think it's clear that a great number of studio users would benefit from it. If 'obvious reasons' include piracy etc, I'm sure hardware could sort that out. As for making the physical unit obsolete - if the software were included with it, it would be the consumers choice if they wanted to let the hardware go unused. No loss from a business standpoint.

Maybe a software version is not the answer though, perhaps some kind of hybrid. I'd be happy reamping live through the Axe as a way to alter tones on the fly, bouncing down at the end, and that is possible now. It's just the issue of only being able to do one guitar at a time or go out and buy 2/4 Axe FX. I think most people wanting the software version would intend to use multiple instances at a time.

I think some kind of 4-in 1 hardware unit, able to process 4 live signals at a time, could be a great solution. Perhaps ditch some or all of the FX to counter the price of extra processing power, as many may prefer to apply those in the DAW anyway. Add a software interface for controlling the amp models easier, like the Axe Edit (does that work live or is it just for making presets to save to the Axe?).

That sounds a perfect compromise to me. A multi-signal amps only hardware unit. Not a software plugin, but able to deal with the studio requirements that people are asking for in software.

That makes sense to me. The current Axe-FX, for someone like me who is used to the ease of amp VSTs in the studio, seems like a huge step forward in quality but a thousand steps backwards in workflow.
Durero likes this.
Unread 05-02-2011, 07:49 AM   #81
SS.org Regular

Skanky is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd be happy with news that the freakin' Fx / Ultra was IN STOCK.
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #82
SS.org Regular

Speculum Speculorum is just really niceSpeculum Speculorum is just really nice
I wonder...

What if the news is that the Axe-Fx will start having bass amp modeling? I know that I would be stoked if I only needed one unit for my studio for both guitar and bass. Saves money, saves space, and I'm sure that these guys would do awesome work.
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #83
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealEntity View Post
That's a shame. I think it's clear that a great number of studio users would benefit from it. If 'obvious reasons' include piracy etc, I'm sure hardware could sort that out. As for making the physical unit obsolete - if the software were included with it, it would be the consumers choice if they wanted to let the hardware go unused. No loss from a business standpoint.

Maybe a software version is not the answer though, perhaps some kind of hybrid. I'd be happy reamping live through the Axe as a way to alter tones on the fly, bouncing down at the end, and that is possible now. It's just the issue of only being able to do one guitar at a time or go out and buy 2/4 Axe FX. I think most people wanting the software version would intend to use multiple instances at a time.

I think some kind of 4-in 1 hardware unit, able to process 4 live signals at a time, could be a great solution. Perhaps ditch some or all of the FX to counter the price of extra processing power, as many may prefer to apply those in the DAW anyway. Add a software interface for controlling the amp models easier, like the Axe Edit (does that work live or is it just for making presets to save to the Axe?).

That sounds a perfect compromise to me. A multi-signal amps only hardware unit. Not a software plugin, but able to deal with the studio requirements that people are asking for in software.

That makes sense to me. The current Axe-FX, for someone like me who is used to the ease of amp VSTs in the studio, seems like a huge step forward in quality but a thousand steps backwards in workflow.
I forgot to add, yes this would mean bands only need to buy one for live use. Perhaps that could be countered by no pedalboard support, or only changing patches by software on the computer. Though that may get in the way for some home jamming applications...

Can't please everyone!
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #84
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculum Speculorum View Post
I wonder...

What if the news is that the Axe-Fx will start having bass amp modeling? I know that I would be stoked if I only needed one unit for my studio for both guitar and bass. Saves money, saves space, and I'm sure that these guys would do awesome work.
It's got the SVT model and quite a few bass cabs, and I've dialed in some great tones on my friend's AFX using the HiWatt, Dual Reverb, and Orange sims.
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #85
SS.org Regular

edsped is just really niceedsped is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm really hoping for some kind of combo or head.
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #86
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
So G66 posted a link in their countdown to an old interview they did with Cliff and it really opened my eyes to a lot of things. He seems like a really brilliant guy who is super down to earth and realistic that also prides himself on manufaturing his product in america
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #87
Got T.I.N.G?

Hallic is just really niceHallic is just really nice
I dont have an axe fx. But a totally software suit would bit strange. didn´t they have the fx edit so you can interface with and arrange thing more visually?

A new model of axe effect/or just slidly upgrades version could be expected. Or a price drop(in the end it's still a computer).

or even beter: fair pricing for eu =D

"I love Instrumental screamo" - ;']
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #88
Cogito, ergo bardus.

Quitty is just really niceQuitty is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Here's for a price drop - eu, $ or (preferably) both -
or a lite version for amp&cab modeling only which would cost less.

I'm sorry - this is a superb product, but the price is simply exorbitant.

"I WANT TO .... A UNICORN IN THE ASS WITH IT AND IMPREGNATE IT WITH MY METAL SEED!" ~FretWizard88

...But dignity is difficult to maintain,
stamina requires constant upkeep,
repetition is boring
and you pay for grace.
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #89
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitty View Post
Here's for a price drop - eu, $ or (preferably) both -
or a lite version for amp&cab modeling only which would cost less.

I'm sorry - this is a superb product, but the price is simply exorbitant.
The price is considered high to you guys because it's designed, made and manufactured here in America. Its the same reason Blackmachine guitars are so expensive to people outside of the UK. I mean it compares to the prices of other high end pre amps, but does 10,000x more.
Unread 05-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #90
SS.org Regular

drenz is just really nicedrenz is just really nice
I hope a software version is NEVER available. Podfarm, revalver, guitar rig and everything else is easily downloadable via the internet, and i don't want any such bullshit affecting the integrity of Fractal especially because i have an AxeFX and it is my favourite piece of gear.

I'd be very interested in a rackmountable poweramp or anything else that will enhance the experience of prior AxeFX users like a nice firmware update or an interface to make recording easy, stuff like that.

I don't necessarily want anything like an AxeFX 2 to come out, because people have already spent a long time acquiring money to get their own, the thought of a potential upgrade AGAIN would be very offputting (Cliff has already said it won't be this, which is a relief, but i'm just saying)
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #91
Cogito, ergo bardus.

Quitty is just really niceQuitty is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
The price is considered high to you guys because it's designed, made and manufactured here in America. Its the same reason Blackmachine guitars are so expensive to people outside of the UK. I mean it compares to the prices of other high end pre amps, but does 10,000x more.
A mattress provides 10,000x the productivity of an axe-fx unit, and i bought mine for 30$.
I understand the limitations of manufacturing in the US, i'm well aware of the costs of software engineering, especially one that deals with DSP, and i'm all for paying for ingenuity.

With that said, the price is exorbitant but tolerable for a boutique, exclusive product for a set nichè - and that is no longer the case for the Axe-Fx. it's time the prices went down, IMO.

Besides, i really, really want to be able to afford one

"I WANT TO .... A UNICORN IN THE ASS WITH IT AND IMPREGNATE IT WITH MY METAL SEED!" ~FretWizard88

...But dignity is difficult to maintain,
stamina requires constant upkeep,
repetition is boring
and you pay for grace.
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #92
Got T.I.N.G?

Hallic is just really niceHallic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
yeah it's because(in the case of axeFx) europeans get double ....ed. We pay VAT to USA AND our own country and some additional fees. G66 has included these already. Butt still.. in my view the thing is only worth about €1050,-(standard edition). And now they want me to pay €1700,-? from a european standpoint: that ~70% more than what some in the US is paying.
//Bit offtopic rant here [which isn't something Fractal can anything about]

besides that, from what i have heard: Axe fx software(the edit thingy) is free as for firmware updates and future updates. I really dig that love and not the same horseshit other compagnies just keep on crapping. I mean i bought they the Pod Ux thingy. Thought neat. now i can get all kinds of creative delays and amps and guitarjizzzfxzz etc. Then -Blam!- can't get cause u need to pay loads of more money aditional fx and amps etc. kreun

"I love Instrumental screamo" - ;']
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #93
SS.org Regular

155 is a jewel in the rough
its a freytte made power amp....
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #94
SS.org Regular

Quote:
it's time the prices went down, IMO.
i hope the price goes up, so then people will stop making AxeFX v. amp threads due to price ranges of expensive heads starting to border the RRP of the axefx.
the people who do their research and understand how revolutionary the axefx is will drop the coin on it no matter how much it is, and that's about all there is to it.
making it cheaper will just make more inexperienced people pick them up, simply because great players use them, and they probably will never comprehend the actual possibilities of the unit

and holy shit at a matrress v axefx comparison, that's a first.
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #95
SS.org Regular

spattergrind is just really nicespattergrind is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Eyes View Post
I remember there were some rumors about cooperation of FAS with Fryette few months ago.

maybe a head with axe fx preamp section and fryette tube poweramp section? or something like that.
I would shit.
With Firewire or USB connectivity for updating and recording.
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #96
U gonna eat that?

Deadnightshade is a glorious beacon of lightDeadnightshade is a glorious beacon of lightDeadnightshade is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by drenz View Post
i hope the price goes up, so then people will stop making AxeFX v. amp threads due to price ranges of expensive heads starting to border the RRP of the axefx.
making it cheaper will just make more inexperienced people pick them up, simply because great players use them, and they probably will never comprehend the actual possibilities of the unit
1)WHAAT?

2)Do inexperienced people tweak their units in your anus?

( )
lefty71 and Hallic like this.

Die.Get cremated.Laugh your ash off..
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #97
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnightshade View Post
1)WHAAT?

2)Do inexperienced people tweak their units in your anus?
i do believe this is a discussion man, if you have something to say back to what i've said, by all means go for it, but neg-repping me and then just replying with 2 year old insults doesn't really show you have any intelligence at all
Unread 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #98
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
A mattress provides 10,000x the productivity of an axe-fx unit, and i bought mine for 30$.
I understand the limitations of manufacturing in the US, i'm well aware of the costs of software engineering, especially one that deals with DSP, and i'm all for paying for ingenuity.

With that said, the price is exorbitant but tolerable for a boutique, exclusive product for a set nichè - and that is no longer the case for the Axe-Fx. it's time the prices went down, IMO.

Besides, i really, really want to be able to afford one
Growing up, my parents always told me that "it's nice to want things". LOL

The Axe-FX price argument has been beaten to death at this point. I guess it will be interesting to see if Cliff decided to go with a more advanced unit with a higher price tag or a stripped down version that's less expensive. It should give everyone a better definition of exactly who Fractal wants to appeal to.

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #99
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I'm going to guess it's a higher-end unit. Battling the Line 6 juggernaut is retail suicide.
Unread 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #100
progressive insanity

IAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of lightIAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of lightIAMLORDVADER is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallic View Post
or even beter: fair pricing for eu =D
i really hope this happens soon
Closed Thread