homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By hirah

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
SS Contributor

hirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Apartment amp overkill, wip, part 2 new pic

so i went home this weekend and grabbed some more stuff for my amp. bit of a back story. at my house, i had the mark 4 in a stereo w/d setup with a legacy 4x12 and a lopoline 4x12 with veteran 30s.
obviously that's overkill for the apartment, but 2x12s aren't too bad.
picked up a rocktron replifex for phaser,compressor, eq and channel switching via midi. and run the intellifex for left/right delays, verb and chorus. very easy to setup. now i need a bit of time to reprogram. the simul-sat is great because of the graphic. i can match, or not, the 2 cabs.
both masters are on 0. and overall control is from the intellifex output.
just need to get a rackmount kit for the mark 4, a pedal train pro , power for the pedals, and a grx4 for switching a few pedals.
i'll update as i go. and clean up.
enjoy.

added a g major for the 2nd relay for the mark 4 and eq. all though i hardly ever turn the eq off. set up the midi mate and the g major to act like stomp boxes.
chorus, phase, delay with boost, mute and tap tempo.
rack for mark 4 and pedal board should be here this week.
cyril v, Pedrojoca and Gryphon like this.

Last edited by hirah; 04-26-2011 at 08:14 PM.
hirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Unexpected Ally

xmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of lightxmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of lightxmetalhead69 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thats one hell of a guitar family you got there

http://soundcloud.com/unexpected-allies
http://www.facebook.com/unexpectedallies

A unique sounding, prog metal band, mars volta inspired vocals, fun guitar, and tons of diverse influences. Check us out, our instrumental album is out now, and the next one is coming soon
xmetalhead69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 04:26 AM   #3
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Dude, why don't you buy a hotplate or two? Mine means I can have my roadking in my apartment and not piss too many people off!

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #4
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Hotplate is win, the bright and deep switches are essential.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #5
Sarcy English Twat

7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
Hotplate is win, the bright and deep switches are essential.
Amazing things, really do make playing through cool gear at home attainable in terms of not getting the police knocking your door down

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 04-25-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
SS Contributor

hirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to allhirah is a name known to all
not sure i want to go the hot plate route. i can get an acceptable sound with some eq tweaks. better than just playing through headphones. also,i can't play loud enough here to warrant a hot plate. i have a noise clause in my lease.
Unread 04-25-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
Sarcy English Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirah View Post
not sure i want to go the hot plate route. i can get an acceptable sound with some eq tweaks. better than just playing through headphones. also,i can't play loud enough here to warrant a hot plate. i have a noise clause in my lease.
Ah, but the hotplate is exactly foor that, hhas a -16dB setting that you can nmake even quieter, i can run thhe mesa half open, and it still sound very quiet, well worth it, really is And it just makes the amp oh so playable as the power tubes are cooking a little bit, and I'm running a 4x12

I'd definately look into them

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
Unread 04-25-2011, 06:12 AM   #8
blood junkie

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are there any other brands that stand up to THD in performance, as I would like to get a hotplate with a "tough" black or grey colored(I know, I'm a reverse poser) look? Are there any great sounding hotplates that can do 4 or 8ohms(switchable), so if I wanna run an 8ohm 412 and an 8ohm 212 all together, or just one cab or the other? If thats possible can 2 cabs be routed through one hotplate(any brand) or would the pair of 8ohm cabs have to be daisy chained to run hotplate on 4ohm setting?
TRENCHLORD is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i use solid state just because i play at low volume
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

Jango is a jewel in the rough
1. Sell some guitars
2. Buy a house
3. ???
4. Profit!

My band! Progressive Metal Content!: http://www.myspace.com/maidenvoyagekiel
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #11
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
I also would advocate a THD Hot Plate...there are several going fro under $200 on ebay right now

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #12
SS Contributor

Quote:
1. Sell some guitars
2. Buy a house
3. ???
4. Profit!
i sell a few guitars once in a while
i already have a house in a different state, not there much, have to wait for the market to turn around a bit or i lose about 100k.

so i'm kinda stuck with what i got. oh well, could be worse
Unread 04-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

RGD MIKE is a jewel in the rough
I think i saw you on A&E's "Hoarders: Buried Alive"
RGD MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #14
SS Contributor

no hoarding. well maybe gear whoreding. it will be in a bit of disarray until it's completed though.