homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
DO CEO / RHLC ©

AeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bugera tube poweramps! (Petition thread)

Just look at this conversation on a post on facebook
Quote:
Luis Angel Compres Veras > Bugera Amps
would be killer if you guys came up with a tube power amp with the low affortable prices only you guys can deliver

Bugera Amps: You mean like these?
Bugera 6550B-6 Power TETRODE 6-Pack

Luis Angel Compres Veras: I meant like an actual power stage in a rackmount chassis, for us that can't pay over one grand for one

Bugera Amps: Oh, I see. No plans for such an item currently, but I will let the product development team know of the demand!

Luis Angel Compres Veras awesome!
So it rang my bells, we're all into the usual "OMGAWESOMEBBQ" Rack modelling piece of hardware that i don't need to mention , why waste another 1500 on a good poweramp? If Carvin does it for USD$550, Bugera can do it for around 250-300 dollars mark. so guys, help me, help yourselves and help everyone that wants a tube power but can't justify buying one to have one.

Express the demand all over:

Bugera Amps | Facebook

Contact
Trident Chambers
Wickhams Cay
P.O. Box 146 Road Town
Tortola British Virgin Islands
Email: webmaster.bugera-amps@music-group.com
MrMcSick likes this.

Product of my boreness:
https://soundcloud.com/aeonsolus

AeonSolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

Opeth666 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I shall start spamming their facebook now? it would be pretty sweet to have a good poweramp thats tube driven at a decent price. I know I can't afford something over 1000 for a good one.
Opeth666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
cali-cornia bluffer

asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I like USA made amps just fine. Helps the economy.
asmegin_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
Parker über alles

yingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opeth666 View Post
I shall start spamming their facebook now? it would be pretty sweet to have a good poweramp thats tube driven at a decent price. I know I can't afford something over 1000 for a good one.
Contrary to what the people on this forum will tell you, not playing on Engl or VHT doesn't make you a piece of shit.

Carvin.com :: TS100

I have a problem cn this mod ke the eicoli and the infantry cn a blow dies what can make?

excused for the errors but are Italian
yingmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Idjit

Kride is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
TBH, I want my gear solid and something I can rely on. Never Bugera again.
Sure they're cheap but you definetly get what you pay for.
Kride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kride View Post
TBH, I want my gear solid and something I can rely on. Never Bugera again.
Sure they're cheap but you definetly get what you pay for.
I've alwasy had good luck with them, reliability atleast to me is no longer an issue when it comes to bugera
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
DO CEO / RHLC ©

AeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to behold
^ This is very true, i had a first batch 6260 back in early 08 and i had the pin mod done to it then sold it because i'm an idiot but the current owner is a bandwhore (Someone who plays daily, and with everyone, from blackmetal to country/folk, basicly makes a living out of it) and the amp hasn't failed since, even with the stock tubes that it currently still has.

Product of my boreness:
https://soundcloud.com/aeonsolus

AeonSolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would be all for a cheap tube power amp.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #9
Idjit

Quote:
I've alwasy had good luck with them, reliability atleast to me is no longer an issue when it comes to bugera
To me, luck shouldn't have anything to do with reliability.

Kinda misses the 'cheap factor' when you'll have to have more than one (for back up) on tour.
Unread 03-10-2011, 03:49 AM   #10
Good news, everyone!

Ketzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Over $1000 for a good one?

Mesa Fifty/fiftys are phenomenal, and can be had daily for $500.

"Appreciating the beauty in music fast enough to blow mortals' faces off."
More notes per second = More emotion per second
"Djent" just may be the worst word created in all of ever.

SELF-APPOINTED EMG WIZARD
Ketzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #11
ss.org Regular

drenzium can only hope to improve
Go for an ART poweramp man, they are very affordable and work VERY well with my AxeFX. Loads of people i know use them and have no problems

Check out my band. Add us!
drenzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #12
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
The Carvin TS100 can be had for a pretty decent price used.

That being said, I upgraded to a VHT 2/90/2 and it smokes the Carvin If Bugera are going to be ripping off a design for a power amp, it really should be that
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #13
Good news, everyone!

Ketzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to allKetzer is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I always kinda felt that the Carvins would be rather uninspiring. I'd love to get my hands on a 2/XX/2 or one of the super-nasty mesas like the 295, 395, or 2:One Hundred.

JJ, have you used the 2/50/2? How does it compare to the 90, and why would you pick the 90 over it (assuming you could have had either)

"Appreciating the beauty in music fast enough to blow mortals' faces off."
More notes per second = More emotion per second
"Djent" just may be the worst word created in all of ever.

SELF-APPOINTED EMG WIZARD
Ketzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kride View Post
To me, luck shouldn't have anything to do with reliability.

Kinda misses the 'cheap factor' when you'll have to have more than one (for back up) on tour.
reliability, luck, whatever you want to call it. Bugera makes quality products now, I always tell people own one ,try it before you decide to make assumptions. the bugera 333xl is such an amazing tone machine oh man. if I wasn't buying a Mark V that would be my next amp.
Unread 03-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #15
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonSolus View Post
^ This is very true, i had a first batch 6260 back in early 08 and i had the pin mod done to it then sold it because i'm an idiot but the current owner is a bandwhore (Someone who plays daily, and with everyone, from blackmetal to country/folk, basicly makes a living out of it) and the amp hasn't failed since, even with the stock tubes that it currently still has.
.Sounds like someone is jealous (for multiple reasons)

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

op1e is a jewel in the rough
Spammed 2x. "2 space rack tube power amp, each side switchable between 6L6/el34 and a half power switch"

Help!!! All guitars stolen. Pics and serial numbers here;
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/mem...s-guitars.html

Like my bands! BLu
Wittz End
op1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #17
Idjit

Quote:
reliability, luck, whatever you want to call it. Bugera makes quality products now, I always tell people own one ,try it before you decide to make assumptions. the bugera 333xl is such an amazing tone machine oh man. if I wasn't buying a Mark V that would be my next amp.
333XL was the exact model I had. Me and my friends got them at the same time, his broke immediately after flicking the standby switch on. Kept blowing fuses. Was returned.
Mine started to do the same after a week. Was returned.
Unread 03-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #18
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
I always kinda felt that the Carvins would be rather uninspiring. I'd love to get my hands on a 2/XX/2 or one of the super-nasty mesas like the 295, 395, or 2:One Hundred.

JJ, have you used the 2/50/2? How does it compare to the 90, and why would you pick the 90 over it (assuming you could have had either)
I haven't touched the 2/50/2. I have played a CLX and a UL though, but through different cabs and not side by side. I didn't notice much of a difference, but I didn't spend any time with it. I imagine you would be happy with either.
Unread 03-11-2011, 04:46 AM   #19
Pantysniffing zombie

Quote:
Here in North America I just don't see the point of buying one new when the used Peavey it's a clone of can be had around the same price point. If you can snag the Bugera dirt cheap though (like $250-300) then it makes sense, or if you live in Europe where Peavey is stupidly expensive.
Unread 03-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
Parker über alles

yingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
Here in North America I just don't see the point of buying one new when the used Peavey it's a clone of can be had around the same price point. If you can snag the Bugera dirt cheap though (like $250-300) then it makes sense, or if you live in Europe where Peavey is stupidly expensive.
I've always found it hilariously ironic that when Behringer decided to make cheap copies of tube amps, they mostly focused on copying Peaveys, which are already some of the cheapest tube amps on the market.

The irony is compounded when you consider that Peaveys are renowned for their extreme reliability. They are the ....ing AK47s of the guitar amp world. And now clones of these amps that you almost have to TRY to break are being made by a company that apparently views quality control as frivolous and entirely optional.

I have a problem cn this mod ke the eicoli and the infantry cn a blow dies what can make?

excused for the errors but are Italian
yingmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #21
Pantysniffing zombie

Well to be fair the newer Bugera shit appears to last a decent while. If I was in Europe and needed a cheap tube head, I'd probably snag a Bugera.
Unread 03-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

6Christ6Denied6 is a jewel in the rough
I just posted this on bugera amps facebook wall

"you guys should make a rack mounted tube power amp, ive been stuck with solid state because good tube power amps are so expensive, if you guys did id jump all over it."

they replied with this

"That's not an impossibility, but for current product development, I doubt that would be any time this year. I am forwarding your message to the design team so they can see people are interested in it..."

like deathcore?

Free download from burning beneath-http://burningbeneath.bandcamp.com/a...ernal-collapse
6Christ6Denied6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

Kali Yuga has a spectacular aura about
I hope it doesn't happen, and that the company burns to the ground.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 12:37 PM   #24
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
What is wrong with you?

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

6Christ6Denied6 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post

like deathcore?

Free download from burning beneath-http://burningbeneath.bandcamp.com/a...ernal-collapse
6Christ6Denied6 is offline   Reply With Quote