homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

matt-in-mn is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Peavey ampkit iphone.. AWESOME!!

I just got it a couple days ago and it is pretty darn cool.. I even ran it into my amp and put pedals in front of it.. Hey for practice I like it... Anyone else have it?? I was gonna get Irig but this is just cooler I think, plus I think the adaptor works with Irig..
matt-in-mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wow...sounds cool.

Tell me, can you use it with a recording program on the iPhone to record rough ideas and things on the run when not around a computer.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
The White-Knuckler

Philligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I didn't know Peavey did one, that's pretty awesome. I'm still waiting for a guitar rig for Android phones

My Flickr.

"it blowed the emg's in the dirt" - De Vries

"Richlite is to Paper Mache as Carbon Composite is to charcoal briquettes." - Max
Philligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Yes.. I run mine right into my tascam digi 4 track for ideas..
Unread 02-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
djent n00b

tr0n is just really nicetr0n is just really nice
Wow, that is really cool, although I must say I'm more attracted to the Sonoma WireWorks interface. It's a lot more expensive, but going via the dock connector will mean a much better tone going in, although to be honest if it's just for practice then that's probably not too important. Shame it's not available in the UK yet, unlike iRig and Ampkit.

All your djent are belong to me.
tr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt-in-mn View Post
Yes.. I run mine right into my tascam digi 4 track for ideas..
I meant, is there a recording app on the phone? nothing flash just something like "voice recorder" so you can record rough ideas on JUST the phone.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

Yes, there is a recorder in the app..
Unread 02-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yeah I got one a few months ago too. I like the AmpKit connector better than the iRig because it's powered, so it's much clearer. But, you can download the iRig software (amplitube stuff) and use the connector with that just as easily. I like the Peavey software because it comes with one free metal/rock amp, whereas you have to buy it on the amplitube one.
Hollowway is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

Silence2-38554 is just really niceSilence2-38554 is just really nice
I got mine a few months ago. It's good for what it is, but still just alright when it comes down to it. I got the 6505 model & everything. But then I go back to my actual 5150 & the Ampkit doesn't even sound close. Complete lack of bottom end & if you turn it up to a good headphone jam volume, it starts to feedback really bad when you're not playing. Maybe mine's defective?
Silence2-38554 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 02:06 AM   #10
Parker über alles

yingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to behold
The sound quality is better on the Ampkit (Revalver, in my opinion, is the best software amp modeling around), but the hardware is pretty cheap. I see no reason the app wouldn't work with the iRig hardware, but I haven't tried it myself. It's just an interface to plug into the headphone jack, so I don't see how the app would know the difference.

I have a problem cn this mod ke the eicoli and the infantry cn a blow dies what can make?

excused for the errors but are Italian
yingmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 02:47 AM   #11
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have one too. I got most of the amp sims, it's great
The Ampkit interface is better, less noise and a louder, clearer signal. The drawback is it needs batteries
We should have a patch exchange thread

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #12
ss.org Regular

wjm123 will become famous soon enough
I have one and its awesome for practicing. Too bad it kinda start to have problems when I try to play along with backing tracks. Most likely due to my IPod Touch being 2nd gen.

I actually made a video of one of my tones using the built in recorder:

[progressive metal|music production|mind-blowing-stuff]
Youtube Channel,Soundcloud Page!
wjm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #13
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
I saw this when it first came out but it's pretty expensive. £25 I think it was when it first came out, not sure what it is now.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #14
ss.org Regular

BobSmoke is a jewel in the rough
Getting one for my birthday, but wasn't sure which one to ask for until this thread. Many thanks.

Any of you guys fancy putting up some tone samples etc?

The advantage of being a southpaw is that 75% of people can't use your guitars.

The disadvantage is you have to be 25% richer than everyone else to own one.

BobSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #15
ss.org Regular

bradley_ny is on a distinguished road
Hey - thanks for the great comments! Since Bob asked about tone samples,
we just put up the full library of gear samples and artist setups on the site: Agile Partners' AmpKit App for iPad and iPhone - Guitar Amps, Pedals and Recording Studio

Also, our users are pretty good about submitting their own samples at AmpKit group on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

If you ever have any questions, let us know.
bradley_ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #16
Ormsby nutter

capoeiraesp is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/capoeiraesp is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/capoeiraesp is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/capoeiraesp is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/capoeiraesp is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/capoeiraesp is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/capoeiraesp is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Necrobump.
I just recently purchased this and have been using it with my iPhone and irig adapter.
They've apparently just upgraded the modeling software and I am enjoying what I hear.
I bought the power pack and have been using it through a pair of sennhesier hd280s.
The 6534 and 3120 are brilliant. Very convincing models and better than most of the high gain stuff from the PODHD500 I owned previously.
capoeiraesp is offline   Reply With Quote