homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
New Gear + Awesome Tones Day

My Voodoo Labs Ground Control came so I set it up to control my Axe FX Ultra. At first I felt overwhelmed but once the wheels started turning and everything made sense programming was a piece of cake:

I took the plastic sheet off that is on it when it ships news, placed my labels, then put the sheet back on and taped it down for a new sweat/water/spit/beer/other harmful fluids shield hahaha.

I also ran my Axe FX live today for the first time and I was ....ing floored away. I slaved my 5150 III using it's 6L6 power amp into my mesa cab and fucckkk it sounded so good. I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to take this thing on tour. Thinking about how the only thing I have to plug up is 1 midi cable from the Axe to the Ground Control Pro almost makes me want to cry from happiness hahaha

Ibanezz, mayx and espltdrcart like this.
AlexWadeWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
jun jun jun

CodyMTS is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
.... yeah dude!
Can't wait to here some shit with whitechapel + fractal!
Got any sound samples/vids?
CodyMTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:25 AM   #3
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
Im using the same VooDoo->AxeFx setup.
It's sick dude.

EDIT:
Didn't see the labels upon first seeing the pics.
SO!
How do you like running All Access as opposed
to just set like 10 presets at a time?

ROAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAR View Post
Im using the same VooDoo->AxeFx setup.
It's sick dude.

EDIT:
Didn't see the labels upon first seeing the pics.
SO!
How do you like running All Access as opposed
to just set like 10 presets at a time?
I'm doing the 4 presets with 8 IA's and i like it. My "rhythm" preset has a few IA's that i just kick on for certain parts. The EQ is a lo-fi/telephone sound. The drop tune takes me from A to G. The Octave Down is a dive bomb that will be controlled with an expression pedal. Delay is just for slight touches whenever i need it, etc.

Plus it's just easier because instead of having to make an entire new preset for let's say a "lo-fi" sound, I can just kick the EQ button on and off.

My "lead" preset is a lead boost EQ, delay, and reverb

TIE Phase preset is the phasey/lo-fi part on This Is Exile before the breakdown.

and Clean is just the Crystal Echos, I'll never use it but I just put it on there to play with during sound check and to show the Axe off hahahaha
Unread 01-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome man, that looks sweet! and how great is it having 1 cable on stage

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #6
AU director / RHLC

cow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of light
alex,your rig gets better and better my friend.

do you have a fetish for reverse heads stocks?,do you find your self sweating or drooling over the site of a reverse head stock? if the answer is yes then i can help with therapy and rehab.join RHLC to feel normal again.....first consult free,normal rates apply after..LOL

Rock The Fuck Out
..DAN/CYBERSYN

NOS tube freak

MESA OWNERS CLUB MEMBER..R-014XXX
cow 7 sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 05:05 AM   #7
Sexytime!

caskettheclown is just really nicecaskettheclown is just really nice
You can't imagine how jelly I am of you haha
caskettheclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
Sean What I Adore

The Breakdown will become famous soon enough
Badass bro!!!
The Breakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Yeah, man. I've shed a few tears of joy with my Axe Fx rig and how the only thing I have to plug in is my speaker cable. I'll be adding a foot controller sometime soon, but for now, the uncompromising, awesome tone is enough
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You have a really really empty looking space in that rack Alex, I think you need a G90
themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #11
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Very nice, Alex!

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
You have a really really empty looking space in that rack Alex, I think you need a G90
Hahaha well I have the G50, and Gabes rackmount Sansamp has to go back in there. damn bass players....
Unread 01-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexWadeWC View Post
Hahaha well I have the G50, and Gabes rackmount Sansamp has to go back in there. damn bass players....
Where are you gonna put the G50 now that you don't have a pedal board? In that space to the right of your rack?
Unread 01-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i can't wait to hear what it's like live when you guys hit Toronto next month, love hearing bands with the Axe FX live

any plans to go Direct to FOH?

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Congrats man! I can only imagine the tones... until you come by LA this March

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #16
The HUMANCENTiPAD

DVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of light
FUUUUU....Ill be hearing this in march in vancouver at least

http://www.facebook.com/Icosian
DVRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #17
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
thats pretty ....ing sweet man. nice work
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattofvengeance View Post
Where are you gonna put the G50 now that you don't have a pedal board? In that space to the right of your rack?
Yessir, that was where my Sennheiser wireless was, it's actually in there in the pic.
Unread 01-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultorture View Post
i can't wait to hear what it's like live when you guys hit Toronto next month, love hearing bands with the Axe FX live

any plans to go Direct to FOH?
Not yet, gonna run through the cab for now while I get used to it, I might try going direct for shits and giggles during sound check just to see how it sounds
Unread 01-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #20
Team Ibanez

Quote:
Yessir, that was where my Sennheiser wireless was, it's actually in there in the pic.
Sweet. That's what I thought I saw, but couldn't tell. Awesome rig, and I can't wait to hear it in March.
Unread 01-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I told you - Gabe, Ben and Zach should have NO options. Just have Slegal call them and tell them they NEED to go Fractal otherwise album 3 will go straight to iTunes hahaha
themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #22
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Not yet, gonna run through the cab for now while I get used to it, I might try going direct for shits and giggles during sound check just to see how it sounds
well sir hope to bump into you after the show and shoot the shit gear and sound wise brother

\m/

keep it brutal good sir

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #23
ss.org Regular

espltdrcart will become famous soon enough
How long did it take you to setup the ground control? I feel intimidated haha especially through an Axe Fx
espltdrcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by espltdrcart View Post
How long did it take you to setup the ground control? I feel intimidated haha especially through an Axe Fx
Hahaha this thread is back from the dead

It didn't take me long, maybe a few hours, the hardest part was learning how to assign the expression pedal (not pictured in this) to certain parameters and how to control them with it but I got that down as well.
Unread 04-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #25
ss.org Regular

espltdrcart will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hahaha this thread is back from the dead

It didn't take me long, maybe a few hours, the hardest part was learning how to assign the expression pedal (not pictured in this) to certain parameters and how to control them with it but I got that down as well.

haha still a good thread though! but yeah I was wondering how you setup the digitech whammy(octaves) and expression(volume) pedals through it. Did you pretty much just loop them in the ground control and through certain channels that you setup for them? Must be a brutal tone by the way..hahaha
espltdrcart is offline   Reply With Quote