homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
Death Metal™

cwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help!!! (cable and amp)

OK, so I went to a jam session a couple weeks ago and forgot one of my cables there so i haven't been playing out of my spider valve mkii until this weekend when i picked up a new cable. So i didn't realize this at the jam session because i did not use my fx loop, but one of my cable tips broke off inside the fx loop and now i can not use it. the amp still works but i have a piece of the cable tip stuck in it

I was wondering what i should do, because its not the amps fault, its the shitty cable. And i don't want to pay some guy to open my amp up just to remove the tip.

The cheapest and only thing i could think of was super gluing the tip back on to the cable but i don't know if it will work, and it may f the amp up

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Mesa 2 channel
Basson 4x12
Randall Diavlo 5 watt

mag8: "I want a 100W head for bedroom practice, you feel me?"
cwhitey2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Can you get a good close-up picture of the jack + tip in question?

Depending on how it broke will determine the best course of action, though super glue to a rod that can fit inside the tip might work...

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

drenzium can only hope to improve
Do not open the chassis of the amp unless you know what you're doing.
You may have to just bite the bullet and get an amp tech to do it for you. You'll get charged with labor costs most likely, but it'd be worth it for a problem free amp.

Check out my band. Add us!
drenzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
Death Metal™

cwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordacain View Post
Can you get a good close-up picture of the jack + tip in question?

Depending on how it broke will determine the best course of action, though super glue to a rod that can fit inside the tip might work...

i will take a pic when i get home

but here is a rondom pic

the very tip broke off. it goes tip, plastic, then rest of the cable, the tip some how broke .

basically i can insert the cable tip (or whats left of it) back in to the tip that broken, but i dont know if glue will adhere to it. It looks like the orginall was glued on to begin with

i have a feeling i might have to take it to a tech, but i don't think any exist around me

Mesa 2 channel
Basson 4x12
Randall Diavlo 5 watt

Unread 10-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
Death Metal™

well when i got home i stuck the other end in the back of the socket that it broke off in and some how the fcker came out no glue or anything

this just made my day!

Mesa 2 channel
Basson 4x12
Randall Diavlo 5 watt