homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree2462Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #1001
SS.org Regular

ArrowHead is just really niceArrowHead is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a question:

The default behavior on my XT was such that when I made adjustments to a patch, and then changed patches, the first patch will not save any of the changes I made when I switch back.

Now on the HD, if I tweak a patch the only way I see to go back to the original state is to unplug the unit for a minute and plug it back in. Is there a way to make it behave the same as the XT, where it will not keep the changes I make to a patch when I change patches?
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #1002
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Double click the patch to reset it
ArrowHead and peagull like this.

Isan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #1003
SS.org Regular

Bevo is a glorious beacon of lightBevo is a glorious beacon of lightBevo is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone have a good Motley Crue Dr Feelgood era tone built?

I looked into it and they were using JCM800 with no boost just cranked like AC/DC, mids on 7 highs maxed.
This tone is close but not there when I set it up this way, any advice please pass along!
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #1004
What's a guitar?

MABGuitar will become famous soon enough
I have just ordered my pod, can't wait to join the club!
Santuzzo likes this.
MABGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #1005
SS.org Regular

Santuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MABGuitar View Post
I have just ordered my pod, can't wait to join the club!
which one did you order?

my website - free licks - some of my music

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

Santuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #1006
What's a guitar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santuzzo View Post
which one did you order?
Sorry haha I should've mentioned that. I ordered the hd500
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #1007
SS.org Regular

Santuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud ofSantuzzo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Sorry haha I should've mentioned that. I ordered the hd500
Great choice, IMO, I love my HD500!

I offer online guitar lessons on Skype in different styles. Send me a PM if interested.

Unread 10-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #1008
What's a guitar?

Quote:
Great choice, IMO, I love my HD500!
Me too haha I tried my friend's and I actually loved it more than I expected plus it was way less confusing than what people made it up to be.

Are you using it at gigs at all?
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #1009
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Me too haha I tried my friend's and I actually loved it more than I expected plus it was way less confusing than what people made it up to be.

Are you using it at gigs at all?
No, I haven't used it on gigs yet. My band (trio) is looking for a drummer since our drummer left the band

Unread 10-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #1010
What's a guitar?

Quote:
No, I haven't used it on gigs yet. My band (trio) is looking for a drummer since our drummer left the band
Aww I know the feeling man! Plus good drummers are not very common around here.

The main reason I ordered the HD500 is to record and I've heard people say that it sounds pretty good live.
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #1011
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Aww I know the feeling man! Plus good drummers are not very common around here.

The main reason I ordered the HD500 is to record and I've heard people say that it sounds pretty good live.
I am using it for recording and I am VERY pleased with the sound I'm getting with it.
Just a week before I heard from the drummer he'd leave the band I got a Rocktron Velocity power amp and a Laney 2x12 cab to use with the POD. Haven't really used it at higher volumes yet, but it sounds really good!

Unread 10-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #1012
What's a guitar?

Quote:
I am using it for recording and I am VERY pleased with the sound I'm getting with it.
Just a week before I heard from the drummer he'd leave the band I got a Rocktron Velocity power amp and a Laney 2x12 cab to use with the POD. Haven't really used it at higher volumes yet, but it sounds really good!
Good to know as that is the power amp I was aiming to get so far. Probably gonna get an orange 2x12 or maybe even 1x12 just to make my rig more portable lol.
Unread 10-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #1013
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Good to know as that is the power amp I was aiming to get so far. Probably gonna get an orange 2x12 or maybe even 1x12 just to make my rig more portable lol.
I have to say I was surprised at how lightweight that 2x12 Laney cab is. Now I'd love to get one more of those and use them in a stereo set-up.
MABGuitar likes this.

Unread 10-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #1014
SS.org Regular

Bevo is a glorious beacon of lightBevo is a glorious beacon of lightBevo is a glorious beacon of light
No advice on the Crue tones?

We are doing an 80's jam in a few weeks, all the hair bands will be on the set list!
Are you kiddies to young or am I too old?
Unread 10-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #1015
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post

We are doing an 80's jam in a few weeks, all the hair bands will be on the set list!
Sorry, I'm certainly not too young, but I just never was a huge Crue fan.
You might find some useful patches on the Line6 forum.

Unread 10-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #1016
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post

I'm at work currently but I'll try playing with it when I get home and post a patch if I come up with something nice.

In my experience with the HD500 so far, I can say that the best result come from treating the amp models like a real amp in terms of EQ'n.

I'd recommend setting up the amp exactly the same, then experiment with the sag / bias / hum settings and then with the mic.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #1017
SS.org Regular

jacksonwarriormg will become famous soon enough
hi,this is my first single call Encrypt(instrumental).im doing everything by myself.My solo project is call
Infinite Explanation

ihve recorded this with my pod hd 500
Leetlord and MABGuitar like this.

Gear:Sterling by music man JP100 ,Ibanez 7321z,Jackson Dinky With Dimarzio X2N,Jackson Warrior MG,Marshall MG100HDFX(using like power amp for my POd hd 500)Mesa boogie 2x12 Rectifier
Pedal:Cry Baby Original,Line 6 POd hd 500,keeley bypass,KOrg pitchblack
jacksonwarriormg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #1018
SS.org Regular

Xenos0176 will become famous soon enough
Finally was able to record something with my podhd500. Im actually in the process of reworking this demo track, but i think it sounds pretty good for the lack of gear i used to record it. Drums ARE programmed

Veiled by Pennies from God Guitar on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Masc0t likes this.

Creator as observer
Congruent systems collapsing
Mutating waveforms to become sight, sound, touch
A sick perception is now my only link to reality
Scorched eternally blistering
Yet I prevail
Xenos0176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #1019
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordacain View Post
I'm at work currently but I'll try playing with it when I get home and post a patch if I come up with something nice.

In my experience with the HD500 so far, I can say that the best result come from treating the amp models like a real amp in terms of EQ'n.

I'd recommend setting up the amp exactly the same, then experiment with the sag / bias / hum settings and then with the mic.
Good advice and I was following the same idea, looking up the gear and settings really helped.
One thing that was off was the tuning, I found some tab that had it standard but one was DGCFAD which was perfect and now the tone works!

I love this thing!!
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #1020
TechDeath Enthusiast

Leetlord can only hope to improve
Thumbs up

I got a HD500 a couple weeks ago. Loving it so far.

Any suggestions for a good interface?
Have you guys found that there's a better way to record directly than via usb?

I made a tone test, direct usb recording through very primitive tracking software.

It's just me improvising(wanking) and testing sustain over a little melody I came up with. Check it out if you like.

Leetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #1021
SS.org Regular

space frog is a jewel in the rough
sup guys

I got a POD HD500, I'd be glad to help anyone who would need help using it, setting it up or anything else POD HD-related. Had it for 3-4 months now, got some nice tones so far. Here's (one of) my sound
TraitorsEyes and Ardez like this.

My band:www.facebook.com/oftemples

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-some goodie in build process
-Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
space frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #1022
Reason User

ThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
HD500 Effect

I'm trying to mimic an effect I have in post on one of my tracks (reference: Idea #1 by DBartko on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free at the beginning and at 1:38 - end).

The effect is a Comb filter with high freq and low res going to low freq and high res (sync at 1/8th notes). I cannot seem to find a way to emulate a comb filter in my HD500 is this possible in the pedal (or is there another pedal that could do this)?
ThePhilosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #1023
SS.org Regular

quaned will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey guys.

I've been wanting to look into buying a pod for recording for sometime now. I'm currently in the process of sitting my final high school exams, so hence I will have a couple hundred dollars to blow on some gear after. (~$600-$700)

I'm fairly keen on the HD500 and the HD bean. Are there any major differences between them? Which one would you recommend? Would the amp modelling be decent enough to replace my (crappy) Peavey Vypyr?

Cheers all.
quaned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #1024
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhilosopher View Post
I'm trying to mimic an effect I have in post on one of my tracks (reference: Idea #1 by DBartko on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free at the beginning and at 1:38 - end).

The effect is a Comb filter with high freq and low res going to low freq and high res (sync at 1/8th notes). I cannot seem to find a way to emulate a comb filter in my HD500 is this possible in the pedal (or is there another pedal that could do this)?
phaser plus a vox filter set very slow

Isan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #1025
Reason User

ThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to allThePhilosopher is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would be able to sweep the filter freq and res the same way or would that be unnecessary?
ThePhilosopher is offline   Reply With Quote