homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
SS Contributor

Revan132 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Help me decide...

So I am pretty broke right now - I really would like to save up for recording gear as I am getting into the production thing pretty heavily right now. This summer I bought some gear (Peavey 6505+ Head retubed with JJ Tubes, and a Marshall 1960AV Cabinet w/ Celestion V-30's) and I brought it home and loved the sound. However, here is my thought process: I am no longer in a band, and I don't think I will really have time for one in the forseeable future. So this accumulation of time and money is just sitting in my basement doing nothing while I play around with my crappy Line 6 UX2 budget gear. Should I sell the Head and Cabinet to pursue recording over live play since I don't see myself doing that anytime soon? Or should I just keep things how they are right now and save up, in other words, be patient

Shameless Ibanez Whore
Gear: Axe FX Ultra, Marshall 1960AV, RGD2127z w/ BKP's, RGA121 w/ Crunchlab, Brice Z5 Natural Bass
Revan132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
ss.org Regular

jwatso89 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm usually pretty impulsive when it comes to buying anything, and it usually doesnt work out for the best aha so I would recommend keeping your rig and saving up for the recording gear you'd like... it's easier said then done tho lol
jwatso89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
SS Contributor

Yeah my job is such a tease too - part of the reason why I bring this up. Now that fall semester is in session I am forced to cut my hours in half, therefore I make half the money I did in the summer. I'm very upset - I used to have unlimited money...well...not really lol

Shameless Ibanez Whore
Gear: Axe FX Ultra, Marshall 1960AV, RGD2127z w/ BKP's, RGA121 w/ Crunchlab, Brice Z5 Natural Bass
Unread 10-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

jwatso89 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can sympathize, school is always getting in the way of more important things like money and free time lol
jwatso89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
SS Contributor

And guitar!

Damn it lol

Shameless Ibanez Whore
Unread 10-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What kind of gear are you looking into getting for recording?

You most certainly can USE the gear you have to get AWESOME sounds. A decent interface and mic will do wonders with the 6505 and Marshall.

Look into getting Cab Impulses for free off the net, run a line from the preamp out on the 6505 into your PC and use the Marshall as the load for the head.

IMO, you should ALWAYS have an amp around...you just never know.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote