homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Banned

JoeyBattle is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ValveKING

Okay, Im trying to get rid of my amp, I hate it
its a peavey xxl 212, I was asking 400 for it on kijiji and someone has offered me a Peavey Valveking 100 watt Tube head.
What I was hoping to do was sell my amp to save up for a Carvin Ts100 Carvin.com :: TS100

Its all I need.
I was going to run my line6 pod x3 live through it with my rga8 and out of my crate cab, but seeing how this offer has come up, I have some questions.

How good of an amp is the Valveking, how would it compare to the carvin ts100 (as I would only be using it for clean setting with my pedal)

Is it a good trade?

Tell me what you guys think
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
The White-Knuckler

Philligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You could just run your X3 through the effects return of the VK, and it would function like the TS100 would. You'd also have the option of using a normal tube amp whenever you wanted, too.

The more logical decision would be to take the VK, unless you know you like the sound of the TS100 better.

Personally? I'd hold out, try to sell the XXL, and get the TS100. I'm a fan of having a clean rig, and only using what you'll need, and I think rack setups are bad ass

Also, when you get an Axe Fx (as I see you're in the market for one), it'll sit nicely in a rack with the TS100, so the TS100 is getting you one step closer to your ideal rig.

Just my two cents, though, man.

My Flickr.

"it blowed the emg's in the dirt" - De Vries

"Richlite is to Paper Mache as Carbon Composite is to charcoal briquettes." - Max
Unread 09-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
I'd never do that trade without playing the Valveking first. Then again, I'd never buy an amp I hadn't played through first anyways.

Also, your sig is ....ing annoyingly long. You should shorten it. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to read your life's story every time you post.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Unread 09-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
Banned

JoeyBattle is headed in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Complex View Post
I'd never do that trade without playing the Valveking first. Then again, I'd never buy an amp I hadn't played through first anyways.

Also, your sig is ....ing annoyingly long. You should shorten it. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to read your life's story every time you post.
And I'm sure everyone wants to go to your formspring and ask you anonymous questions.. right
suck my balls
Unread 09-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #5
Now available in HD

meisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to allmeisterjager is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Is that a.. dancing gherkin? What is that?

And your sig is lame because you don't actually own any of it, if I'm reading it right - none the less, I'm sure that dude ain't gonna wanna suck your balls because of it.

As for the VK, I REALLY liked my old one - I found when it was boosted quite hard, and while using little gain, it sounded exactly like Soilwork's Sworn To A Great Divide tones. I'd definitely have one again if I found one at the right price, literally just to have one again. I'd probably never even use it.

You'll definitely need to get a boost if you pick it up, though - I just use a Boss SD-1
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
CIRRHOSIS THRASH

SargeantVomit is a jewel in the rough
Probably have an easier time selling the valveking than the XXL and you can use it while you wait for a buyer and you might decide to keep it.
Unread 09-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #7
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
EDIT to keep myself from getting banned.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Unread 09-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You know, this was going to just be a sig edit. Now there's a banning included, as well!

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
Closed Thread