homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

bls4lyfe01 is just really nicebls4lyfe01 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Evh 5150 iii and vht ultra lead

Hey guys I'm wanting to run a vht ultra lead along with my evh 5150 iii but I also will be running a rocktron prophesy in the loop. Any recomendations on what will work out the best?? Will the vht even be worth it with the rocktron? And can I run a splitter from the cab to accept both heads???
bls4lyfe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

I forgot to add I don't have the vht yet but looking into getting one but seeing if its worth passing on the vht and just get the evh modded
Unread 09-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
Sevenstringer

Hammy is just really niceHammy is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Running two heads into one cabinet will be possible if the cab is capable of stereo. One head will go in the Left input, the other in the Right input.

Running two heads at once isn't really that succesful in my books. It never really worked the way I wanted since I don't really have a place where I could run my amps semi-loud, let alone two hi-gain, very powerful amp heads.

Also, what do you think is wrong with the EVH 5150 III and why don't you fully like it on it's own. It's probably good figuring that out since you'll be able to determine if settling for a second amp is really worth it anyway. Figuring out what you want from your amp is probably your next step. Then decide if you can get as close as you'd prefer with your existing setup and perhaps minor mods 'n maybe even some more serious mods.
Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

Im running the matching evh cab and it does not have the option of stereo. Nothing is wrong with the EVH but it just doesnt have "that" sound that im looking for just something is missing not sure what specifically but something.

Would it be a smart or dumb decision if I bagged the rocktron prophesy (which is for my solo's) and ran the vht for just solos since it has more of a tunneled and rounded sound and use the evh for rhythm since it has more of a heavier presence?
Unread 09-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

slayerrulesyo is a jewel in the rough
If you have cash, do it; but it seems a little unnecessary to have 2 hi gain amps an effect processor and just 1 cab? Sounds heavy to me. But wouldn't it be cheaper to get an Axe-FX that you can use for effects AND solo's while running through the 5150 III?
slayerrulesyo is offline   Reply With Quote