homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #1
Duncan Hills

Krucifixtion is just really niceKrucifixtion is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Warning for those looking to order cases!

Ok, so I don't like to bash people online, but I am seriously getting screwed over and don't want this happening to any of you.

I ordered a "Live In" head case for my Engl Invader 150 from Crown Case Co. The order was placed almost 2 months ago now. The owner Joe told me there was a 3 week lead time. That was not a problem with me cause when I ordered I was going on Vacation in a week anyway. He emailed me about 3 weeks later saying the case was done and he would get me quote for the shipping cost. I had already paypaled him the money at the start for the cost of the case. He forgot the send me the shipping quote and I had to ask him again through email. After I paypaled him the money to ship I waited almost 2 weeks and got no case. I emailed again and asked if the case had shipped? He said it went out and would get me a tracking number. A week later no case and no tracking number and no response from me emailing him. He finally responded and said he would call UPS and find out what the problem is and get back to me. I was tired of waiting, because every time he told me he would get back to me he would conveniently not. I called him last Thursday and asked what was going on and he told me there was a problem with UPS getting his money or something so they weren't shipping his stuff. I said ok as long as its shipped now. He said I should def have it like Monday and now its already Wednesday going into Thursday and I still have no case. I am tired of this crap. Like how he would never give me a tracking number ever. Probably cause the case doesn't exist and he probably doesn't plan on shipping it to me. Now I am out $350 and not happy at all.

So....please don't do business with Crown Case Co. I don't know what his problem is, cause the other guitarist in my band ordered a case from him years ago and never had a problem, but this is seriously BS. I am emailing/calling him and if I don't get my money back or a case at my door in the next few days Im filing multiple complaints on his business. I don't understand how a guy who does work for established touring acts has this poor level of service. I don't deserve to be worked over like this.

So seriously don't order from them. At least I have all the many emails back and forth from him and my paypal emails confirming money sent to his business paypal account, as well as my credit card statement if I actually do need to fight this.
Krucifixtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
ss.org Regular

drenzium can only hope to improve
If you payed via credit card, ring them up and get them to reverse the charge, providing evidence of course as they dont just do that for no reason. That's probably your best option.

Check out my band. Add us!
drenzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

LacesOutTyler is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry to hear about that man.

I ordered a live in for my Dual Rec which coincidentally arrived TODAY from Saints Row Cases. They are a small company run by I'm pretty sure only one dude, but he's made cases for bands I know personally like Sent By Ravens and Deception of a Ghost.

I hope you get your situation worked out and either get your case or your money back fast. But in the event you need to talk to another custom company, Jason at Saints Row will hook you up.
LacesOutTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
7 stringed playa

jaretthale78 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
find him and make a case out of his skin

djent djent djent...
jaretthale78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 02:16 AM   #5
Loathes emulation...

CynicEidolon is just really niceCynicEidolon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you need a case... Go here. Buddies of mine.

galaxycase.com They will NOT screw you over. Shit, I might slip in and help build it! Haha.

My faith is sound and sound is my faith.

BREA http://www.breaband.com
Post-metal/Ambient/Stoner-Rock
(Isis, Jesu, Mastodon, Intronaut, Textures, Rosetta)

Artisan Studio
www.facebook.com/artisanstudio
CynicEidolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 02:46 AM   #6
A serious man

sentagoda is headed in the right direction.
Claim it it back from paypal ASAP!

A walking paradox
sentagoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

155 is a jewel in the rough
should have used safecase best , cheapest and fastest
155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Duncan Hills

Yeah I've been having tons of bad luck lately...really not cool. Does any one know about how exactly to claim money back from PayPal. Anyone done it before? I plan on filing some Better Business Bureau and FTC claims on him too if I can't get it back or a case.
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you used a credit card just call up the number on the back of the card and have them walk you through how to initiate a charge back. It's typically much easier than working with PayPal.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #10
Duncan Hills

Well I used the service center options at PayPal to make a dispute....only thing I am worried about is that it didn't let me dispute when I said them the money for the case..only the shipping charge, because that was more recent and when I paid for the case is now close to 2 months ago. So that worries me. I'm thinking maybe I should just call my credit card company instead.
Unread 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #11
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Honestly, PayPal is too "stuck in the middle" between trying to help both the buyer and seller from getting screwed by each other that overall, they're just impossible to work with anymore.

Go through your credit card and it's issuing bank. They're FAR more inclined to side with you and get you your money (or in this case credit) back.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 09-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
Duncan Hills

Thanks for the advice. I'm just really pissed that I've waited almost 2 months and still don't have a case. Thats really the most frustrating part, because now even if I want to get one from somewhere else I am still going to be waiting even longer. Part of me wishes I just ordered a lift off case from X-Cases on Ebay...even if they are not quite as good it still would have protected it fine for what I do and I would have saved like at least $100. I don't know now.
Unread 09-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

With cases, it's best to find places local. You'd be surprised how many places out there make cases.

It's important to note, that a lot of case makers specialize in film or travel cases, opposed to musical instrument/amp cases. Though, they're fully capable of making GREAT guitar and amp cases with the right dimensions provided by you.

Look locally, and see if there is a case maker a reasonable distance from you. From what I've found, the local guys are cheaper and MUCH better to deal with. Not to mention you can always go yourself to pick it up without having to deal with long, expensive freight.

EDIT: I think Calzone Cases (they're well known, and by all accounts very high quality) is in CT.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 09-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
Duncan Hills

Wow Calzone is out of CT? and they are like 20-30 minutes from me....wish I knew that to begin with!
Unread 09-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
Duncan Hills

Update: My case finally came! I don't know what took so freaking long and why there was so many issues. Oh well at least now I don't gotta deal with my credit card company.
Unread 09-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krucifixtion View Post
Update: My case finally came! I don't know what took so freaking long and why there was so many issues. Oh well at least now I don't gotta deal with my credit card company.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 09-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #17
Duncan Hills

I will get pics as soon as I can. I can't right now because I had it shipped to my parents house and I am at my place.
Unread 09-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #18
WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP

Soubi7string is a glorious beacon of lightSoubi7string is a glorious beacon of lightSoubi7string is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaretthale78 View Post
find him and make a case out of his skin
dude, thats so cannibal corpse

check out my band AORTIC:
http://www.facebook.com/Aortic
Soubi7string is offline   Reply With Quote