homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Cab for dual rec?

Hey guys, I'm picking up a dual rec next week (pics to come ) and was wondering what cab I should pair it with? Its an older 3 channel dual rec. I play mostly death metal and a little bit of jazz here and there. This is the ideal sound I'm shooting for, maybe with a slightly tighter low end.

My budget is around 500 dollars, I'll probably be buying used.

Thanks for your help
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

warped is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the same dual rectifer with a maxon OD/ISP Decimator.
I also have a Mesa Oversize 4x12 Cab and a Vader 2x12 cab. If you are after tightness (And I think the above clip is hella tight for a boosted dual rectifer) the Vader is much better for me that the Mesa Cab.
warped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #3

chaosxcomplex is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I had an older model dual rec, and I used 2 marshall 1960a cabs...one was plenty. Super tight low end, great clarity, and lots of power. Not to mention they were awesome construction wise.

http://soundclick.com/joshbellaire

"Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun."

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

"In order to argue you need to make a point, and so far yours have been about as sharp and focused as the average pillow." -JBroll

"Seven strings are freakin' sweet. It's like having sex for the first time without a condom: You wonder why the hell you never tried it before, and how you'll ever go back." -EcoliUVA
chaosxcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warped View Post
I have the same dual rectifer with a maxon OD/ISP Decimator.
I also have a Mesa Oversize 4x12 Cab and a Vader 2x12 cab. If you are after tightness (And I think the above clip is hella tight for a boosted dual rectifer) the Vader is much better for me that the Mesa Cab.
I'm leaning towards picking up a vader 2x12. I can get one with free shipping for 590 here. The only problem with that is that they only ship via UPS
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:58 AM   #5
0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Spaced Out Ace is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd get a used Mesa or Marshall cab.

LTD H-500 // LTD H1001
VHT Sig:X // Randall RS412LB
Line 6 POD X3 Live // Line 6 POD HD500
MXR Wylde Phase // Chorus // OD // Dimebag wah

Time stood still the way it did before
It's like I'm sleepwalking
Turn into another hole I got
Spaced Out Ace is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
Army Without A Flag

All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_¥our_Bass is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
I'm leaning towards picking up a vader 2x12. I can get one with free shipping for 590 here. The only problem with that is that they only ship via UPS
Those are quite durable cabs though, they would make it.

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_¥our_Bass is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #7
Mop
SS.org Regular

Mop is a jewel in the rough
The horizontal recto 2x12 cabs are excellent, I use one with my rectoverb head. Would be quite similar to the mesa cab in the clip I guess (not sure what model that is, roadster cab maybe?)
Mop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_¥our_Bass View Post
Those are quite durable cabs though, they would make it.
Part of the problem though is that UPS charges ridiculous fees for brokerage. He'd end up paying at a minimum $200 on top of the price of the cab + shipping.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:00 AM   #9
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
a 2-ch triple into a UK JCM800 196* 212 sounded ....ing awesome when I was jamming with that setup.

Mesa traditional, 1960A, Volt (Catalog | SteamcoMusic dot Com)

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/noob_pwn is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
if you can afford one, get your hands on a Fryette Fatbottom. I absolutely love mine to death, it is such a warm, clear and tight sounding cab
noob_pwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
Banned

I emailed Vader's Canadian distributer and they said they would be able to ship via Canada Post

They're also offering something called a "Carnage Strain" Vader 2x12 which is loaded with different speakers. (Man O war and an eminance)

Amplification :: Cabinets :: Vader Carnage Strain 2 x 12 - Tour Guard - Arsenal Musical : Vader Cabinets, Emperion Guitars, Lundgren Pickups, Celestion Speakers
Unread 09-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

getaway_fromme is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Make sure to pick up a boost. That guy's recto sound is awesome! His demos are are very good.
getaway_fromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
EET FUK

Distortion is a jewel in the rough
I'd also go for a 2x12 Vader cab. That's what I use with my dual recto and I love it
Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
You could just ask Ola what he uses :P

Unread 09-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
Banned

He uses a 2x12 Roadster cab in the vid, I was just wondering if something else might sound better.
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #16
Guiterrorizer

well, since you're shooting for that sound, I'm guessing the same cab will get the job done the way you want

Unread 09-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #17
Banned

.... it, I think I'm going to go with the carnage strain vader 2x12
Unread 09-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
Renegade Folk Hero

Bekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud ofBekanor has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I've been running a recto 4X12 for a while my Mark V and my recto before that and I've never had any trouble keeping things tight. Rectos are voiced to have that inherent sag, and though overdriving them takes so much of it away there is still a bit of it left. This isn't in any way a bad thing, it's part of what makes the recto sound.

The rectifier cabs are bassier than other cabs due to their oversize design, but this is easily compensated by turning down the bass on your amp. The real reason to get a recto 4X12 is the magic that happens in the mid range. Single notes punch and chords don't so much growl as roar. It's probably the best cab out there for death metal IMO, and having dicked around a bit with a jazz clean tone on my Mark V it's definitely got you covered there. I'd recommend a recto cab a million times over, easily one of the best decisions I've ever made gear wise.
Bekanor is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #19
0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Spaced Out Ace is a jewel in the rough
Stealth, if you have your heart set on that carnage strain Vader, I say go for it!

LTD H-500 // LTD H1001
VHT Sig:X // Randall RS412LB
Line 6 POD X3 Live // Line 6 POD HD500
MXR Wylde Phase // Chorus // OD // Dimebag wah

Time stood still the way it did before
Turn into another hole I got
Spaced Out Ace is online now   Reply With Quote