homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2010, 11:48 PM   #26
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

1. Peavey makes a high gain 3 channel head in the USA and sticks behind their product (JSX, XXX/3120)
2. If you coudn't get liquid leads out of a Single Rec or JCM800, I don't know what to tell you .

There's also the 10-day return policy if you don't like it.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #27
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post

1. Peavey makes a high gain 3 channel head in the USA and sticks behind their product (JSX, XXX/3120)
2. If you coudn't get liquid leads out of a Single Rec or JCM800, I don't know what to tell you .

There's also the 10-day return policy if you don't like it.
A brand new V3 costs $850, though it's often on sale for only $750. A Peavey 3120 will run you $1000 new and a JSX will run you $1400.

I never said you couldn't get those kinds of tones out of a Single Rec or JCM800, and I did get beautiful tones out of both of those amps, which is kinda why I bought them in the first place. I'd love for you to point out where I said that. I simply said I like the V3 better than them.

Once again, find me an all tube, USA built, amp over 50 watts, with three fully independent channels that's cheaper to buy new (i.e. with warranty). If you do, I'll buy one for every day of the week for the both of us.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #28
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Does it have to be USA? Does Canada count?

Traynor YCS100H.

It was implied that the JCM800 and single rec didn't also get liquid leads - unless I read the post at an hour where I misinterpreted lol

Unread 02-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #29
SS.org Regular

coldandhomeless is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i am a new member 5 minutes ago just to tell u guys that this carvin v3 i have is total brutal annialation! just buy the thing and you wont be unsatisfied... i saw how the others had them set and im baffled that anyone says they are buzzy or fizzy... here is how i have mine set, so try this out...

master 9 0clock, boost 12 0clock, bright 3 o clock, mid cut 3 o clock, deep 3 oclock.

clean eqx off, presence and treble 3 o klok, mid and bass 12 0clock, gain and level 12 0clock, charachter in center, loop 2 halfway up with delay and reverb.

rythym eqx on, presence treble and mid 3 0clock, bass 9 0clock, gain 3 oclock, level 9 0clock, charachter thick, loop 1 boss noise supressor only!!! boost with a tubescreamer gain on 0, tone half, level maxxed.

lead eqx on, presence treble and mid 3 0clock, bass 9 0clock, gain 3 0clock, level 8 oclock, charachter intense, loop 1(supressor) and loop 2(delay and reverb) boost with same tubescreamer settings, and this thing cooks!

i have stock tubes, 100w setting, fs44 switch, line6 flextone 2 4x12, crybaby, ts9, boss noise supressor, boss reverb, digitech digidelay, and lots of cables taped together to run both loops from the ground... i will post pictures soon, i just bought a RFX midibuddy pedal but have not hooked it up yet, im about to have 100 combinations with this mofo, so i will do my best to fill u all in on why this is the best bang for the buck tone machine! i will also add videos so u all can see how i get r done! once again i just got on here to tell all of u how awesome this thing is, and it is sheer brutalness. johnny (boogieman) bowman
coldandhomeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #30
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by budda View Post
Does it have to be USA? Does Canada count?

Traynor YCS100H.

It was implied that the JCM800 and single rec didn't also get liquid leads - unless I read the post at an hour where I misinterpreted lol
It's only implied if I implied it.

What I said, exactly, was:

"Not to mention I can get a very smooth almost liquidy high-gain lead sound that a lot of other amps simply can't deliver."

Since when did people start referring to Single Recs as "Other Amps"? I've always called them "Single Recs" for short. I guess it's a regional thing.

To fully clear things up, I'll explain why I sold the three heads I mentioned.

Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier:
I had owned if for about a year. I really liked both the rhythm and lead settings, and it had a marvelous clean tone. Though, when push came to shove, I really needed three channels in the majority of live situations. I tried it with a boost, and some other pedals, but I didn't like the tap dance. It was also one of the higher budget heads I owned at the time, and when I needed some money, it's head was on the chopping block first. If I was in the position to have a ton of amps again, I'd surely pick one up. I liked it better than some other Mesa models, and it'll probably be my favorite of the current Rectos, though I haven't tried out the new revisions of the Dual or Triple.

Marshall JCM800:
This was quite the impulse buy, and it really paid off. It was great for recording, but once again, was held back by the limited number of channels. That, and I slowly lost my liking for British EL34 driven tones. At the end of the day, I liked the amp, but didn't love it. I wound up selling it to a band mate.

Peavey 5150 (Script):
To put it simply, atrocious clean channel, at least in my opinion. That, and once again, lack of a third channel caused me to part ways with it.

I don't want to imply those are bad amps, they just didn't work with me.

Oh yeah, and the YCS100H is still about $1000, if you can find one. For whatever reason most dealers I've found say they are discontinued, or at least not being stocked. Just look here if you don't believe me.

Any other amps?
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #31
SS.org Regular

kherman is just really nicekherman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldandhomeless View Post
i am a new member 5 minutes ago just to tell u guys that this carvin v3 i have is total brutal annialation! just buy the thing and you wont be unsatisfied... i saw how the others had them set and im baffled that anyone says they are buzzy or fizzy... here is how i have mine set, so try this out...

master 9 0clock, boost 12 0clock, bright 3 o clock, mid cut 3 o clock, deep 3 oclock.

clean eqx off, presence and treble 3 o klok, mid and bass 12 0clock, gain and level 12 0clock, charachter in center, loop 2 halfway up with delay and reverb.

rythym eqx on, presence treble and mid 3 0clock, bass 9 0clock, gain 3 oclock, level 9 0clock, charachter thick, loop 1 boss noise supressor only!!! boost with a tubescreamer gain on 0, tone half, level maxxed.

lead eqx on, presence treble and mid 3 0clock, bass 9 0clock, gain 3 0clock, level 8 oclock, charachter intense, loop 1(supressor) and loop 2(delay and reverb) boost with same tubescreamer settings, and this thing cooks!

i have stock tubes, 100w setting, fs44 switch, line6 flextone 2 4x12, crybaby, ts9, boss noise supressor, boss reverb, digitech digidelay, and lots of cables taped together to run both loops from the ground... i will post pictures soon, i just bought a RFX midibuddy pedal but have not hooked it up yet, im about to have 100 combinations with this mofo, so i will do my best to fill u all in on why this is the best bang for the buck tone machine! i will also add videos so u all can see how i get r done! once again i just got on here to tell all of u how awesome this thing is, and it is sheer brutalness. johnny (boogieman) bowman
Awesome,CAH!
Can't wait to see the vids.

MAX,
The YCS100h was discontinued.
The new model is the YCS100h-2.

YCS100H-2

YCS100h (original)

What rules the YCS out for me is "no" midi.
Same with the Egnater Tourmaster.
The Kustom Double Cross was my other choice.
But, it's almost twice the cost.

For me, the V3 with my Pod XT is like having the flexability of a rack system.
My V3 has the 3 midi assignable midi channels.
As well as boost and loops midi assignable.
I use the XT for effects only.
And as a midi controller to switch V3 channels and XT patches.
No pedal dance.

Eventually I may upgrade to the X3 or Boss GT10 to take advantage of the 4 cable method.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4647_1.gifwww.myspace.com/heddatheband

New CD "The Storm" out now.
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hedda2

HEDDA T-shirts now available at
www.heddatheband.com
kherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #32
Guiterrorizer

Amen brother to the pedal dance - I leave my TS on, and my clean channel is no longer as clean as it used to be because I don't want to practice rolling back the volume knob on the sims when I switch pickups and switch to my clean channel - I'll take a barely gritty clean and no tapdancing/dealing with knobs vs the mayhem that the switching would involve.

good ole 3 channels. Before I had the JSX, I was like "What the hell am I going to do with 3 channels?" Now I have 4, and I kind of want 1 more

Unread 02-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #33
SS.org Regular

heres a couple vids of me and the v3... audio does not line up so well, and these are the first videos i ever made, so sorry for the volume...
YouTube - carvin v3 and work clothes

heres another one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caoCh...eature=related
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #34
Mr. legacy

lateralus819 is just really nicelateralus819 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If you don't need 3 channels and 2 suffices, DO NOT overlook the Legacy series. Amazing amps and they CAN do metal very well, people need to learn how to EQ and boost. I have clips if your curious
lateralus819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #35
SS.org Regular

Smile

the prettiest amp ever in my opinion
Unread 03-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #36
Undecided forever

Empryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
nice china
Empryrean is offline   Reply With Quote