homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-10-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

GorillaSalsa is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post your pedalboards!

Thread title says it all. Here's mine:

Everything on the black pedalboard is in the effects loop of my Hot Rod Deville 4x10. Everything else goes in front of the amp. It's not nearly as complete as I'd like it to be. I'm still hoping to get some pitch shifters, a dedicated looper, a vibe, a couple more delays, a ring mod, and I'd like to replace some of the simpler pedals with more versatile versions (Small Clone replaced with a Stereo Polychorus, for instance.) I'd also like to get some True Bypass Strips to hook all this stuff up to and make it easier to manage. It suits my needs well enough now, though, that I'm never caught off guard when writing (i.e. writing a riff that I think would sound great through a vibe pedal, and not having one.)

Also, this picture illustrates my Electro-Harmonix love affair very well.

Tell me what you think, and post yours too!

(Click on the photo to go to the Flickr page and see the notes of what each pedal is and does if you like.)
StratoJazz likes this.
GorillaSalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
ss.org Regular

thesimo is just really nicethesimo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

lol does this even count?
thesimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesimo View Post
Not enough knobs.
Unread 12-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

and

jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #5
AU director / RHLC ©

cow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of lightcow 7 sig is a glorious beacon of light
well,i have 2 set ups.it depends on my mood but mainly the X3L in the loop of the T2

or this set up.

i swap shit around for the last set up all the time,like ill take that wah out and run with my ZW45 wah, theres a boss flanger thats not in that pic that i put in there other times along with a heap of othere stomps[i really have lots lol),i use a THE WEAPON for other bits here n there as well so i just change pedals around all the time .same with the boost up front,im back to the ZW44 but ill swap it out for either my bad monkey or ts7.but my main is the top pic

do you have a fetish for reverse heads stocks?,do you find your self sweating or drooling over the site of a reverse head stock? if the answer is yes then i can help with therapy and rehab.join RHLC to feel normal again.....first consult free,normal rates apply after..LOL

Rock The Fuck Out
..DAN/CYBERSYN

NOS tube freak

MESA OWNERS CLUB MEMBER..R-014XXX
cow 7 sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Oooo I love seeing pedalboards. Mine is just a pod x3 in the loop of my Lifesound Horizon a.k.a. Dual Recto clone .

My signal path: Gibson LP Studio > TS-9 > Lifesound Horizon (Dual Recto + Fender Bassman clone) > POD X3 Live (loop, fx only) > Lifesound custom 2x12" loaded with Eminence Legends

I started smoking when I was 13 or 14, I smoke a pack a day now an I wish I could go back in time an kick my own ass. - matt397

After I had surgery and was still drugged I said "Now that you've been inside of me I suppose you won't be calling me back either." - IDLE
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 06:36 AM   #7
col
blah.

col is just really nicecol is just really nice

EHX Soul Preacher->Line6 M9-> EHX HOG->ZCat Blender->Copilot Gyroscope->ZCat Polyoctaver2->Boss HM-2->MXR 6-band eq
col is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #8
ss.org Regular

DILFalmighty will become famous soon enough
i just go with the 3x live, less things to give you noise! i use a compressor but technically thats not in the petal board
DILFalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
How the hell don't you guys get lost with so much tapdancing?

I can't wait to have all my rig hooked to a midi chain myself... just controlling my pod and a footswitch at the same time seems impossible to me.

My signal path: Gibson LP Studio > TS-9 > Lifesound Horizon (Dual Recto + Fender Bassman clone) > POD X3 Live (loop, fx only) > Lifesound custom 2x12" loaded with Eminence Legends

I started smoking when I was 13 or 14, I smoke a pack a day now an I wish I could go back in time an kick my own ass. - matt397

After I had surgery and was still drugged I said "Now that you've been inside of me I suppose you won't be calling me back either." - IDLE
Unread 12-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #10
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
i used to have a huge pedal set up. now i just use it for recording. sigh. i still miss it. but it did weigh a ....ing TON. pretty lights though.
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang-Drax View Post
How the hell don't you guys get lost with so much tapdancing?
What tapdancing? If I want an effect on, I know where it is because my pedalboard is my baby.
Unread 12-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #12
God is dad

^ suppose you're playing a clean chorus and you want to change to the lead channel without chorus and with delay...

Unread 12-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Decipher is just really niceDecipher is just really nice

I don't have the X2 Wireless anymore and the RV5 is for sale.
Decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
can't bend....

Necrophagist777 is just really niceNecrophagist777 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

The Xotic BB Preamp is my baby

Some day I shall have a GCX Switcher and Ground Control to control these, my Midiverb 4 and Rane EQ. I like really wet cleans with the dyna comp, so it's a bitch to hit like 6 switches at once to get a passable clean sound. Even though it's a pretty simple board I can achieve some wacked out shoegaze sounds with just the DD-7 and Midiverb 4. I need a Volume Pedal too, but I don't know if it will fit on the board.
Necrophagist777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
TheGuiltyUnpunished

danenachtrieb is just really nicedanenachtrieb is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im digging all of the electro harmonix on the OP's board, i love that company
danenachtrieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Quote:
^ suppose you're playing a clean chorus and you want to change to the lead channel without chorus and with delay...
I'd just fade out the clean chord sounds with a volume pedal, press the 3 switches I needed and start the next section. If you can't properly write a transition around things you need to do equipment wise, you need to be buying books and not pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danenachtrieb View Post
im digging all of the electro harmonix on the OP's board, i love that company
Thanks.
Unread 12-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #17
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himself
My pedalboard is on constant evolution. I say constant evolution because playing in 3 bands (guitar and bass), maintaing a full setup like this is a pain in the ass, especially conisidering some pedals become superfluous on certain projects.

Last known photo attached (early 2008):

Damn, what a mess, but everything was carefully mapped out to make sure tap dancing is done efficiently.

DS-1 is retired in favour of a Vox Satchurator. Depends on band, the Satch gets swapped with a stock TS-9.

The FB Bassman was an afterthought only used to try to blend a clean amp with my Triple XXX. Shouldn't be there, but I added just for the sake of completion and measurements.

Ignore the old Digitech RP6. It just ended up in the photo. That thing is retired and handed down to my drummer.

New additions:
Vox Time Machine, need to find room on the board.
Boss DM-2, second one. I destroyed my first, but because the time machine is so good, I may consider getting another one.

The funniest part of all that is that this thing just barely fits in the back seat of my car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Board Test Type 2.jpg (398.6 KB, 166 views)
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 01:26 AM   #18
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himselfBloody_Inferno is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalgrey View Post
i used to have a huge pedal set up. now i just use it for recording. sigh. i still miss it. but it did weigh a ....ing TON. pretty lights though.
Post pics, I'd love to see it.
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #19
I Am the Table

renzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of lightrenzoip is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesimo View Post

I got the same pedal board!

DARK LEGACY - Progressive Power Metal from South FL!
renzoip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #20
God is dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSalsa View Post
I'd just fade out the clean chord sounds with a volume pedal, press the 3 switches I needed and start the next section. If you can't properly write a transition around things you need to do equipment wise, you need to be buying books and not pedals.
That was a little uncalled for.

Unread 12-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #21
SS.org Regular

Quote:
That was a little uncalled for.
I didn't mean it in a harsh way, but I can see how that could be misconstrued, sorry.
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #22
Christpuncher66(6)

christpuncher66 will become famous soon enough
dude, how awesome is that electric mistress and stereo memory man!? i want those so bad.. and also the cathedral pedal. ....ing reverse ....ing reverb, man
christpuncher66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

ihave27frets has much to be proud ofihave27frets has much to be proud ofihave27frets has much to be proud ofihave27frets has much to be proud ofihave27frets has much to be proud ofihave27frets has much to be proud of
ihave27frets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #24
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by christpuncher66 View Post
dude, how awesome is that electric mistress and stereo memory man!? i want those so bad.. and also the cathedral pedal. ....ing reverse ....ing reverb, man
The Deluxe Electric Mistress will never leave my board, and I plan to slowly outsource each of my favorite delay functions on the SMMH to other delay units. It's a great unit, but it adds a lot of noise when in the effects loop and not playing anything. Which reminds me, I need to get an iSP Decimator...

By the way, I want the Cathedral pretty bad, too, but only for the infinite reverb function.
Unread 12-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #25
7>6

NiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud ofNiCkMiLnE has much to be proud of
mienz on diff days

laney aor series II
mesa boogie nomad
^in stereo^

el34+ 6l6 = <3
NiCkMiLnE is offline   Reply With Quote