homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #26
ss.org Shredder

DeathMetalDean has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Are the max grip Jazz III's better than the Ultex ones? I've had no bother dropping the ultex ones or anything..

The more strings you have, the more of a man you are!
DeathMetalDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #27
ʎɐʞɔW

McKay is a name known to allMcKay is a name known to allMcKay is a name known to allMcKay is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathMetalDean View Post
Are the max grip Jazz III's better than the Ultex ones? I've had no bother dropping the ultex ones or anything..
Yes.
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #28
SS.org Regular

splinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The Ultex ones do stay in the fingers better but they have a different attack, I prefer the nylons for playing but the Ultex for how well they stay in my fingers

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
splinter8451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #29
ss.org Shredder

Idk, I'll probably try the max grip ones sometime, ultex ones are running out lol

Unread 12-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #30
Banned

PlagueX1 is a jewel in the rough
I just ordered one of them yesterday actually. Small Pointed 2.75mm
PlagueX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #31
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'll see if I can pick up some of these max grip Jazz III's - or at least one for a side by side comparison

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
ShadyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #32
ss.org Shredder

was just wonderin if like these picks would be good for death metal? xD or would they be better off used in blues and such

(btw wondering that cuz they'd give quite a different tone I assume)

Unread 12-19-2009, 06:44 AM   #33
Grande puta de gear!

8string is a splendid one to behold8string is a splendid one to behold8string is a splendid one to behold8string is a splendid one to behold8string is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRaven03 View Post
It took me a LONG time to find the pick I'm satisfied with, good luck finding yours!

Took me 20 years to find it though

mmmmmh... djent pie
Balsawood 7, the way of life
"Solos and indeed, life, are not complete without the use of melodic minor arpeggios on a daily basis." - Confucius
8string is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
ss.org Regular

liquidcow is a jewel in the rough
So this video in the first post... I don't really get it. The guy spends a week practicing a run, and he's got maybe a little bit faster and cleaner at it. I would expect that without using a different pick. Plus the Insanity pick has a fairly dull sound to it, it's almost like he's playing with a coin. I'm sure there's something to be said for which pick you use but 20 for one of these seems a bit pointless.
liquidcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #35
SS.org Regular

Default_M is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's a good point actually. Of course you're going to be better at a lick if you practice it all week, I'd be more impressed if he was cleaner/faster at playing in general.

If this pick really does let you play faster or whatever then it should have shown him playing a lick with a regular pick, then swapping to this expensive pick and playing the exact same lick.
Default_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #36
ss.org Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcow View Post
So this video in the first post... I don't really get it. The guy spends a week practicing a run, and he's got maybe a little bit faster and cleaner at it. I would expect that without using a different pick. Plus the Insanity pick has a fairly dull sound to it, it's almost like he's playing with a coin. I'm sure there's something to be said for which pick you use but 20 for one of these seems a bit pointless.
That's a veryyyyyyyy good point

Unread 12-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #37
SS.org Regular

splinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of lightsplinter8451 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yeah really, I never thought about that

"And I want a blowjob from Emma Watson, but sometimes we just gotta deal with what we're given!" -The Armada

my youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/vitreusMD?feature=mhum SikTh, Cyclamen After the Burial covers. More on the way!
splinter8451 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #38
ss.org Regular

Vigil87420 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidcow View Post
It does have a dull sound to it. Just like the guy says in the video, you have to pick harder to get it to sound right. It forces you to play really hard, therefor training your right hand. Of course, you could just keep practicing with a regular pick, but a regular pick doesn't force you to play really hard to tighten things up. It's just a tool to help get from point A to point B or point C or whatever point you're getting there. How you get there doesn't matter but there's more than one option.
Vigil87420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #39
SS.org Regular

Dyingsea is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
All I know is when I switched to v-picks is "flowed" through the strings much easier than any other pick I had tried. I'm thinking about trying one of their 4.5mm models.
Dyingsea is offline   Reply With Quote