homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-31-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Talking Gentlemen... New rig, incoming!

Oh yes! Finally, after over a year of heavy, bleeding GAS for an Engl, I've finally got the cash together for my brand new, skin-blistering rig:

It's an Engl Fireball head, and matching 4x12, slanted, with V30's of course.

60 Watts, 2 Channels, and a very simplistic controls layout, which only has a single 3 Band EQ. It does clean, and screaming metal distortion, and that's it! No bells and whistles, not even reverb, just pure minimalist, all tube amp destruction! Tried this baby out last year, and I was completely sold on it, the tone just absolutely blew me away.

Finally... It's mine!

It's going to sound like ....ing armaggedon with my BC Rich 7 String.

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-31-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awesome! Get some clips up when you get it.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawdyson
Awesome! Get some clips up when you get it.
Just got a new Camera, finally, and I'll do you one better. I can post up a video clip!

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Unread 05-31-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Can't wait to see it!

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus
Just got a new Camera, finally, and I'll do you one better. I can post up a video clip!

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
You're no daisy.

Yes, new avatar to celebrate aswell.

Also, spotted this post, from my introductionary thread.

Unread 05-31-2006, 07:53 PM   #7
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus
Also, spotted this post, from my introductionary thread.

nice

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
wake up dead

7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
looks awesome, congrats...new toys ....in rock
7slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 11:12 PM   #9

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2006, 11:51 PM   #10
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How do you do the 'view single post' thing?

Congradulations!

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
Djentleman

angryman is just really niceangryman is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice Amp dude, i tried out the Powerball & that was insane so i'm guessing the fireball is awesome too
angryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #12
You're no daisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostjan
How do you do the 'view single post' thing?

Congradulations!
Click the number on the right hand side of the post, and it'll link you to a view single post page. Very handy.

Unread 06-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

smith10210 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Congrats I've owned a powerball and currently a savage120. I just purchased the standard 4x12 engl... Good choice on the head.. I love engls
smith10210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #14
You're no daisy.

Thanks. What's the Savage like? And why did you go for the standard 4x12?

Unread 06-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

I went for the standard cab because I got a good deal on one that was a demo. The v60's appealed to me more smooth, good overall balance. The savage is tight, has more upper mids, very punchy and plenty of usable gain, and a little more organic sounding than the poweball. I love the contour switch which cuts the mids to get more of a scooped tone if desired. All 4 channels are usable. Best clean channel out of all the high gain heads I have owned.Channel 2 you can get a good blues type sound , channel 3 is good for ac/dc rock etc. Channel 4 high gain heaven. It also has too effects loops which is nice.The only thing bad about the head is the lack of a built in noise gate which was nice on the powerball. Which I have been told engl will be adding to the savage. Its my favorite head so far, it has everything that I thought was lacking from the poweball which wasn't a bad thing but personal preference. I have owned mesa,peavey, and just sold my vht to pay for the savage. Its a keeper for me unless I decide to get a SE.
Unread 06-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #16
You're no daisy.

I know what you mean, I went for the V30 cabinet for more mids. I've heard a few people say the V60 cab is very scooped, which doesn't really do it for me.

Heard that Engl are going to be updating a few of the older amps, with noisegates and other tweaks, even the Fireball, but I'm not actually too bothered. When I tested the Fireball, it sounded perfect to me, and if I ever end up needing a noisegate, I'll probably just get a Decimator, which could be a lot better than any built in noisegate.

Unread 06-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Yes i agree about the vintage cab being a better fit mid wise for the fireball or powerball since both those amps are more scooped sounding . The savage has plenty of mids so I'm not to worried about the v60s being scooped. Plus I purchased the cab for about $300 or so less than the vintage cab. I used the decimator and currently use up front and used the built in noise gate when i had the powerball which got rid of the white noise in the effects loop. The isp decimator is awesome does not color your sound what so ever great pedal.