homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Collapse is a name known to allCollapse is a name known to allCollapse is a name known to allCollapse is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6505+ issue?

well plugged into my 6505+ today and turned the standby on any I played for 10sec and the standby light went out and no more sound. what would cause this. The amp still has power but no sound. any help would be great

anyone have this issue before?

Last edited by Collapse; 11-08-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Collapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hmmmm...

check the fuses? Tubes?

Have you done anything different lately?

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Collapse is a name known to allCollapse is a name known to allCollapse is a name known to allCollapse is a name known to all
tubes are glowing except the first two preamp tubes, are they suppose to glow? how many fuses are in these amps?
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

ttt
Unread 11-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Seems like a tube issue. Have you tried contacting Peavey's customer support or consulted your manual?
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
The first 2 are NOT glowing?

That could be it. Do you mean the ones closest to the input?

Should be just one external fuse you can check, on the back.

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
Unread 11-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBERSYN View Post
The first 2 are NOT glowing?

That could be it. Do you mean the ones closest to the input?

Should be just one external fuse you can check, on the back.
the first two of the six small preamp tubes are not glowing, the four power tubes are glowing.
Unread 11-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
SSBRO.org regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collapse View Post
the first two of the six small preamp tubes are not glowing, the four power tubes are glowing.
I really think your tubes are shot.

Do you have any spares? Take one out of you 5150II and try it out.

Unread 11-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #9
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your preamp tubes are supposed to have covers on and you shouldn't be able to see them, unless you took the covers off for the purpose of diagnosing your amp (which is fine).

Did you try every channel? Your 12AX7's are part of the preamp stage, so if the power section doesn't see any signal, then no sound will come out.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote