homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Maurobrazil is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Question Gmajor x Inteliflex?

Well, accidentaly ive got a rocktron Piranha ... so now i need a effect unit. 3 options:
- TC Gmajor
- Rocktron Inteliflex
- Rocktron Xpression.

Most use are chorus, reverb and delay ... who is the best?

Mauro
Maurobrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I have no experience with the Rocktron stuff, but the G-Major is pretty sweet, and can be had dirt cheap these days thanks to the G-Major 2 getting released. Also, it has 2 relays, either for channel switching, or anything that's relay switchable, ie a rack mounted Bloody Murder.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
Banned

8Fingers is just really nice8Fingers is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well this is the best ACCIDENTALY you could had!
Rocktron stuff is awesome.I had probably all their rack stuff.
Rocktron chorus is a must so I prefer intellifex/xpression over any tc product.
G major is cool but its modulation effects(chorus,flanger etc) don't even come closer to rocktron ones.
Listen to my samples in my review.All rocktron units comes with the same awesome modulation effects.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gea...on-review.html
8Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Fingers View Post
Well this is the best ACCIDENTALY you could had!
Rocktron stuff is awesome.I had probably all their rack stuff.
Rocktron chorus is a must so I prefer intellifex/xpression over any tc product.
G major is cool but its modulation effects(chorus,flanger etc) don't even come closer to rocktron ones.
Listen to my samples in my review.All rocktron units comes with the same awesome modulation effects.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gea...on-review.html
Realy nice chorus ... ill search more about the xpression ... the cheaper here ...
Unread 11-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #5

kazE is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Everyone I've ever seen online who's played/owned both the G-Major and Intellifex preferred the G-Major. Easier to use, more effects and way more transparent.

As for the Xpression vs. G-Major it's fairly tied although some say Xpression has better build quality and effects. The Replifex is basically the same thing as the Xpression but with a black faceplate and some say better flanger/phaser.
kazE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazE View Post
Everyone I've ever seen online who's played/owned both the G-Major and Intellifex preferred the G-Major. Easier to use, more effects and way more transparent.
Well my friend everybody who said/wrote intellifex isn't easy to use are dumbs and you know there are a lot of dumb people out there.
Rocktron rack effects have 3 major knobs.

1- You choose which effect you want to control
2- You choose which parameter of that effect you want to change.
3- You change the value of that parameter.

Hit store twice and it's done.
What could be easier than that?
Maybe a boss pedal.
People who have problems with equipment generally don't even read their manuals and keep asking on forums how to do this or that.
Just like hey I bought a g major and I don't know if I have to use it in my amp's loop or not,what should I do?

I would answer=read its manual,if you can type you can read
Unread 11-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

Im more concerned about the sound quality ...
As a engineer, i work every day with computers, so program can be a litle harder, but if its the quality price ...
I have to use 3 controls just to se TV ... tv, home and cable ... one thing is right! READ THE MANUAL FIRST!
But sometimes manuals didnt help ...
Unread 11-03-2009, 04:31 PM   #8

kazE is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah I'm saying what a lot of people have complained about, usually something has to be really terrible design-wise to really deter me.

I am actually really interested in the Replifex (better version of the Xpression) right now, going to try and find a deal on one....
kazE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazE View Post
I am actually really interested in the Replifex (better version of the Xpression) right now, going to try and find a deal on one....
Go for it mate,all rocktron products are awesome and no, rocktron isn't my company
I had all of them and I had a g major too.
Gmajor is good but if you want less effects with really better quality/sound,rocktron wins.
We know personal tastes are really different but every dude who listened to me playing with gmajor and a rocktron rack effects,all of them said rocktron doesn't sound so digital as gmajor.
Rocktron stuff have a bypass button so while you're playing youcan hit that button and realize it wasn't sucking your tone at all.

Well there are 2 companies which I love their products/tones =mesa boogie and rocktron.I prefer them over any other company/sound ever.

BTW hey Mauro que bom mais um brother here.
Welcome.
Unread 11-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Go for it mate,all rocktron products are awesome and no, rocktron isn't my company
Gmajor is good but if you want less effects with really better quality/sound,rocktron wins.
We know personal tastes are really different but every dude who listened to me playing with gmajor and a rocktron rack effects,all of them said rocktron doesn't sound so digital as gmajor.
Rocktron stuff have a bypass button so while you're playing youcan hit that button and realize it wasn't sucking your tone at all.

Well there are 2 companies which I love their products/tones =mesa boogie and rocktron.I prefer them over any other company/sound ever.

Welcome.
Thanks! Mais um brazuca. Acabei de falar com um cara, parece que tem um inteliflex online na Musical Center em Foz ... vai ver pra mim amanh ...
To afim de pegar uma 7 com o pessoal da Ledur.
Excuse for the portuguese, but here is the link for a brazilian luthier

Ledur Music - Instrumentos Musicais - Guitarras e Baixos *|************************************************ *******
Unread 11-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:

Welcome.
Well, the G-Major has a bypass button too

But I can't argue with the other shit, like I said, never touched the Rocktron stuff.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote