homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Feedback & Suggestions
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Feedback & Suggestions Have a suggestion for the site? Post it here. Note that while all suggestions will be considered, not all will be replied to.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #76
This is bat country

Raoul Duke is just really niceRaoul Duke is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp88 View Post
+1

Also, whats the status of the WAP version?

It would also be cool if we could encourage people to use the chat room more, and make it IRC.
There's a chat room?????

Edit - Im friggin blind ha ha

I don't think it's nice, you laughing. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. Gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it...
Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #77
Kenyon class of 2014

Dusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ......... View Post
I thought about this different colour for the names of the established guitar makers who are in the forum...

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/fee...ar-makers.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
forums dedicated to polls and NGDs/NADs would be nice.

great to see the forum open to change
Quote:
Originally Posted by ......... View Post
Suggestion 2 .....

The ability to delate a profile visitor comment without having to kindy ask a moderator to take them off, this can both be a time saver for both the members and the moderators....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSE View Post

also an admin who exists would be nice ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Yes, an admin who gives a shit about the forum beyond treating it as a cash cow would be fantastic. Restoring some power to the mods would be great too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Lucevan Le Stelle View Post
Yep, pretty much. Alex is going to find the site dying pretty quickly now if he goes on paying no attention... the best posters are pretty much all on mg.org as well, and the quality of posting seems to have gone into freefall lately.

Also, more mods, preferably recruited from the "old-school" members. Hell, I would do it if nobody else could be found (though I'd probably be the worst POSSIBLE choice...)
+1 to all of these. And as I said before I only lurked during the "glory days" of SS.org but if no one else wants to do it I'll be happy to be a mod. I'm really trying to start reporting the shit that goes on to help the current guys, and it is starting to get way out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxioluck View Post
An automatic thread deletion. 6 months old with no activity, unless stickied, gets deleted.

Maybe limited access to brand new users...since we've had so many issues with new people trolling and starting internet wars for no reason, throwing out neg-rep like old toys, it's starting to get a little out of hand. (Or so it seems.) Maybe have a 30 day period where they have limited access?

The rep system. If it's starting to get out of hand, I have another idea. On k-1fans.com, a forum I still frequent, they have their "rep" status change by how many posts they have. There's no rep thrown between users, but it's kind of like an award for being active. Then, anyone that would be a douche just got banned. Of course, this would be a big change, and would require more reporting from the underlings and more work for the mods, but it's an idea.
Deleted? Nah. I don't mind the bumps, as long as they have a serious question, but I think it should be a 3 strike system for super old bumps (IE over six months), first pointless bump is a warning. Second is a week ban. Third is the gallows. If we just delete/close them we're going to have the same topics asking the same questions every few weeks or so, which is bad

And I think more posts = more rep is a good idea until you throw the human element into it. People are going to just spam topics with posts like "Haha omg +1" or "LOL!!!!" and then they're rated higher than some of the people who help.

I purpose we set in place a "challenge" button near any neg rep on your CP. You'll have to present your case (just as when you report someone) and tell why you don't deserve the neg rep. If the neg rep is reversed, I think that neg rep should go to the trool who was being an idiot in the first place, thereby marking him for all to see as an idiot.

"But man is to such an extent partial to a system and an abstract conclusion that he is prepared deliberately distort the truth, prepared to see nothing and to hear nothing, simply in order to justify his logic." - Fyodor Dostoevsky (Notes From the Underground)
Dusty201087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #78
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I was called out last week for telling someone to behave and I was met with "your younger than me, what the hell would you know?!" - which is absolutely no logical, reasonable comeback at all. Some people need to get a grip and stop acting like the hard man online - we never needed it before and we don't now.
in my defence I felt your callout was unjustified and smug... and smugness is something that I really hate. that's why I reacted like I did, though I don't think I was acting like 'the hard man'

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #79
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sweet zombie jesus, Scar, don't drag this thread off-topic too

Dusty - no offence, but neither of those suggestions are gonna happen Having to keep tabs on how many "strikes" people have for bumping old threads would be too much of a hassle, plus bumping threads is not always a bad thing, only when the threads pertain to outdated news or whatever. Also, that "challenge" thing would not only be impossible to impliment but it'd mean we mods have to play judge to someones' trial every time the rep button gets pressed No thanks.

Keep the suggestions coming!
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #80
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDorian View Post
Quote:
To any mods who would wish to do this because I would love you forever, could we possibly stick the "Recent Discoveries" thread and turn it into the "Recommended Listenings as According to SS.org" thread? This way instead of bumping it everytime either myself (which I'll be doing in a moment) or a new member decides to make a thread of the same thing they could just post it in there?
or

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #81
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
or
That's one of those topics (like the "list all the bands that play sevens!", for example) that people keep making threads about regardless of whether there's a sticky or not Anyway, if you need to keep bumping it yourself then that might be an indication that it isn't getting as much traffic as it probably should. When a couple of the current stickies come down I might throw it up there anyway
Unread 04-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #82
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
That's one of those topics (like the "list all the bands that play sevens!", for example) that people keep making threads about regardless of whether there's a sticky or not Anyway, if you need to keep bumping it yourself then that might be an indication that it isn't getting as much traffic as it probably should. When a couple of the current stickies come down I might throw it up there anyway
Ah, ok, good to at least see the reasoning behind it and the possibility of it happening

to that which is DDDorian

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #83
Hasta la vista, Baby

Emperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Me wants Chris back
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #84
Kenyon class of 2014

Dusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Sweet zombie jesus, Scar, don't drag this thread off-topic too

Dusty - no offence, but neither of those suggestions are gonna happen Having to keep tabs on how many "strikes" people have for bumping old threads would be too much of a hassle, plus bumping threads is not always a bad thing, only when the threads pertain to outdated news or whatever. Also, that "challenge" thing would not only be impossible to impliment but it'd mean we mods have to play judge to someones' trial every time the rep button gets pressed No thanks.

Hey, all I ask is that my suggestions be heard that doesn't happen at many other boards.

And instead of the strike system could the site be programmed that when one hits "new topic" they get taken to a page where they enter the title of the topic and it runs it through the search? That way people will remember to search and if they can't find anything about their question THEN they can post the topic? I don't know if that's possible, I'm just throwing ideas out. Glad you guys are reading and taking some initiative on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoff View Post
Me wants Chris back

"But man is to such an extent partial to a system and an abstract conclusion that he is prepared deliberately distort the truth, prepared to see nothing and to hear nothing, simply in order to justify his logic." - Fyodor Dostoevsky (Notes From the Underground)
Unread 04-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #85
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty201087 View Post
Hey, all I ask is that my suggestions be heard that doesn't happen at many other boards.

And instead of the strike system could the site be programmed that when one hits "new topic" they get taken to a page where they enter the title of the topic and it runs it through the search? That way people will remember to search and if they can't find anything about their question THEN they can post the topic? I don't know if that's possible, I'm just throwing ideas out. Glad you guys are reading and taking some initiative on this

That's a good idea but the problem is the amount of threads on sevenstring.org is staggering - seven string guitars alone is in the tens if not hundreds of thousands, and to search all the forums would just take too long and overload the server with huge requests for information.

Chris certainly took down the 'other users viewing this thread' and 'similar threads to this' for a while because it was bogging the server down.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #86
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I was just thinking that somebody mentioned an auto-lock thing for the forums to prevent old bumps. While that would not be too useful for factual threads for the off-topic forum that would be a pretty good idea I think. We could have threads a month or two old be automatically locked and fall into obscurity or deleted TBH since they contribute nothing aside from laughs, etc.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #87
Kenyon class of 2014

Quote:
That's a good idea but the problem is the amount of threads on sevenstring.org is staggering - seven string guitars alone is in the tens if not hundreds of thousands, and to search all the forums would just take too long and overload the server with huge requests for information.

Chris certainly took down the 'other users viewing this thread' and 'similar threads to this' for a while because it was bogging the server down.
Ah, very true. Like I said I'm just throwing ideas out there - I halfway expect them to be shot down .

In that case, I think that the thread locking idea (in maybe 6 months?) would be beneficial. I know there are certain threads were someone will start building a guitar then not post pictures until it's finished, so I do think that for things like this all the threads should be just locked, not just thrown into a total abyss. Maybe after a year or two, then we could kill them off. But at least then if people utilized the search feature they could find what they wanted and if it had been two years I hardly doubt anyone will scoff and say "Ugh, this got asked two years ago n00b, go search".

Unread 04-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #88
ss.org Regular

Roostermatt is on a distinguished road
I am new to the website and was wondering were i can get a backplate for a "Jacson DR7T" was thinking of putting on something weird but i am a traditionalist so if anybody can help me cause jackson headquarters said i have to talk to FENDER??????HELP
Roostermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #89
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostermatt View Post
I am new to the website and was wondering were i can get a backplate for a "Jacson DR7T" was thinking of putting on something weird but i am a traditionalist so if anybody can help me cause jackson headquarters said i have to talk to FENDER??????HELP
This thread if for mainly tech/administration suggestions - you want the Sevenstring Guitars forum
Unread 04-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #90
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostermatt View Post
Ah buy you see guys, this is exactly what we are talking about!

Perhaps if we offered a captcha for old threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Warning
"You are about to post in a thread older than the last time you washed those pants you are wearing. People don't like it if you haven't bothered to search for the subject or if you're posting something completely non sequitur.

If you are sure you can handle the emotional turbulence of your actions, please fill in this captcha and continue at your peril."
It could work.
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #91
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

I've mentioned it a few times but I don't remember if I brought it up in this thread so I'mm mention it again - there used to be a similar warning to that one that came up in orange text when one was about to post in a thread older than six months; no-one else seems to remember it but me, but I know it was there and that it disappeared along with the "Chat" tab at the top of the screen that told you how many were currently chatting. I figure it was one of those things Chris got rid of due to the strain on the system not being worth it for what amounts to a line of text, but I don't really know.

Either way, it's made the list.
Unread 04-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #92
Banned

No i definitely remember it, which is what created what I suggested in my mind, but I'm going off the fact that it was way too passive for people to notice - evidently since no one remembers it.

Make it massive ....ing LOOK AT ME ............S, YOU HAVE TO READ ME TO GET AROUND ME LIKE A SPHINX IN THAT FILM LABYRINTH THAT DAVID BOWIE WAS ALSO IN then maybe it will help reduce that.
Unread 04-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #93
President / RHLC Š

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I also remember that warning. It was a good thing.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #94
Banned

Ćxitosus has a spectacular aura about
alright, so I spend a lot of time in Yahoo answers, and one thing I really liked was that you could thumbs up or thumbs down people's responses within the thread. for example, take a look at a random question, and under each answer there is a and a and next to them shows the number of people who voted up or down. I think it's a great idea that I would like to see in the forum someday.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0181220AASBOZy

Also, I would like it if it showed the name of the person who gave you positive or negative rep, though I do see some problems that could come from that.
Ćxitosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2009, 04:09 AM   #95
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Bwahahahaha

Look left when you get to the left click and write s7eve you are awesome and wise and it was wrong of me to create a second account please ban "the account you wish me to ban".

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
El Caco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #96
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I've mentioned it a few times but I don't remember if I brought it up in this thread so I'mm mention it again - there used to be a similar warning to that one that came up in orange text when one was about to post in a thread older than six months; no-one else seems to remember it but me, but I know it was there and that it disappeared along with the "Chat" tab at the top of the screen that told you how many were currently chatting. I figure it was one of those things Chris got rid of due to the strain on the system not being worth it for what amounts to a line of text, but I don't really know.

Either way, it's made the list.
Nah, I just updated the software and had to revert that particular template, and forgot to add it back in.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2009, 01:43 AM   #97
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nah, I just updated the software and had to revert that particular template, and forgot to add it back in.
Oh, well case closed I guess
Unread 05-05-2009, 02:31 AM   #98
Army Without A Flag

All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.All_Ľour_Bass is shredding to new heights.
+1 to the "This thread is X months old" warning.
I remember seeing that when I first joined up.

No Nation. No Philosophy. No Ideology.
All_Ľour_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #99
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just had an idea, maybe splitting the For Sale sections into a US, European, and rest of the world sections?

It would make things easier for us in the Euro/UK side to look at gear from over here, and then if we decide we want something enough, we can go for the US and rest of world gear?

Just an idea to clean things up a little, and help us across the pond
stuh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #100
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

The amount of bitching that came about just from the rule-change was immense, so I don't know about that, but I can see why you'd want it. Maybe little flag icons for the thread titles, kinda like the FS/FT/WTB tag things?