homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Feedback & Suggestions
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Feedback & Suggestions Have a suggestion for the site? Post it here. Note that while all suggestions will be considered, not all will be replied to.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #51
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Wolf View Post
I think we're fine on the mod situation.

Especially since I've been less busy, and have resumed my position as Flock Thinner Extraordinaire.

I think its seemed worse until the last week or so. I have actually noticed a return in old-moddage which is rad (namely you and a couple of others). Keep it up
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #52
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #53
ss.org Regular

demolisher is a jewel in the rough
EDIT: you took this seriously.

oh and what happened to zimbloth?
demolisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #54
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
I think we're fine on the mod situation.

Especially since I've been less busy, and have resumed my position as God of Beautiful Flowing Locks.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #55
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I love The Dark Wolf.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #56
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by demolisher View Post
I'll apply if you need some more.

We're not currently accepting applications, but if you could forward your resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, official academic transcripts (both high school and collegiate), and have them notarized, we'll be sure to keep you in mind.

Zimbloth took a sabbatical. He's visiting his Cousin Larry.

Unread 04-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #57
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
+1,000

Nice to have you back again, Bob

Last edited by Daemoniac; 04-22-2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #58
Canis lupis obscurus

Shankee, my friends.

Unread 04-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #59
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Applying to be a mod is a sure-fire way to guarantee it's never, ever gonna happen

Zimbloth didn't pay attention to what he was ctrl-F'ing and poasted Goatse all over the board, so we had to sideline him for the good of humanity. Don't worry, he'll be back soon enough.

EDIT: ninja'd, again!
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #60
ss.org Regular

Quote:
We're not currently accepting applications, but if you could forward your resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, official academic transcripts (both high school and collegiate), and have them notarized, we'll be sure to keep you in mind.

you know what I meant!

Back on topic: The search function here is kind of shitty.
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #61
Canis lupis obscurus

Quote:
you know what I meant!
It's what we had to do. Sevenstring.org, while not only being committed to diversity and world peace, also has a very thorough vetting process.

Unread 04-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #62
Rivethead Magnate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDorian View Post
Applying to be a mod is a sure-fire way to guarantee it's never, ever gonna happen
You should just make the entire board mods.
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:15 AM   #63
ss.org Regular

Quote:
It's what we had to do. Sevenstring.org, while not only being committed to diversity and world peace, also has a very thorough vetting process.
Bottom of last page I edited my post.
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #64
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Quote:

hey boober, .... you and your ninja mod prowess

Unread 04-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #65
Canis lupis obscurus

Sorry.

Quote:
EDIT: you took this seriously.

Did you not read my post?

Any rate, let's keep this on topic, fellers. The likelihood of new mods is very low at this point. But I'm sure if you're good, we, and Alex will keep you in mind.

Unread 04-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #66
Banned

Oh alright, has anybody got around to getting a hold of him to get admins moar power.
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #67
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Quote:

Familiarize yourself with this method of search.

djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #68
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
I use the google one but alot of other forums have the google one as the default search, nitpicky but i'm just sayin.
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #69
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, let the mods deal with mod-specific stuff - this thread is for general forum junk
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #70
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Quote:
I use the google one but alot of other forums have the google one as the default search, nitpicky but i'm just sayin.
I remember someone saying this and I honestly think it works great.

Quote:
When searching in Google type out your search criteria as a cave man would say it.

Eg: You want to search if adimarzio paf pro neck model will work with a RG550.
You type: Dimarzio Paf Pro neck works RG550
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 02:57 AM   #71
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Chat box at top of page I prefer a sidebar but it wouldn't fit the theme of the forum

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
El Caco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:51 AM   #72
Stringman

Syndicated is a jewel in the rough
If needed, i can ask Pexi Olkkonen of finnish metal band Stam1na to the interview or Sammy Black from Lovex. Just drop me a PM if interested.
Syndicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #73
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
you know what I meant!

That's a limitation of MySQL, not the forum software here. There's nothing that can be done about it.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #74
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp88 View Post
Well....one of the best things about this site is that it is a virtual repository of knowledge, I see what you mean, but we shouldn't shun away new members because they forgot to ask the google.
Something worth considering here:

[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Post Rating System (plus many sub-features) - vBulletin.org Forum

I haven't tried it, but the "helpful" post could easily be tailored into "commonly asked question with a good answer".

Also keep in mind that while they were never really used as much as I'd hoped they would, Tags are a great way to narrow down searches as well:

Sevenstring.org - Tags

They're especially good for people noting that the default vB/MySQL search sucks, but take this example, where I search for a three-letter tag, KxK:

Sevenstring.org - Threads Tagged with kxk

Voila, shitloads of threads tagged with KxK. If people tag appropriately, and the members take a second or two to tag good threads with RELEVANT tags, that's another great way to find what you're looking for, and in a lot of cases can be better than a regular search. For example, a search on Ibanez might yield 5 billion threads that contain "better than an Ibanez" or "Looks like an Ibanez headstock", but a thread properly tagged WILL be about Ibanez.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #75
MFB
SS.org Regular

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
To any mods who would wish to do this because I would love you forever, could we possibly stick the "Recent Discoveries" thread and turn it into the "Recommended Listenings as According to SS.org" thread? This way instead of bumping it everytime either myself (which I'll be doing in a moment) or a new member decides to make a thread of the same thing they could just post it in there?

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote