homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Feedback & Suggestions
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Feedback & Suggestions Have a suggestion for the site? Post it here. Note that while all suggestions will be considered, not all will be replied to.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TRENCHLORD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Overtone is a glorious beacon of lightOvertone is a glorious beacon of lightOvertone is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Tab, Enter after typing up a post...

I am very conditioned to hit tab then enter any time I want to submit a post or send an email. When I do it here after typing a reply tab highlights the forums list and takes me back to the forum I was browsing. If I hit back my text is still in the box but then it disappears. I know that I should just click "Post Reply", but 4/5 times I forget and my reply is wasted. It is such a strong habit that it is difficult for me not to do it.

Has this come up before? Worth fixing? Is there anything I could be doing to recover my lost posts?
Overtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 134 reviews
If you're really typing that much that you can't really retype it again... you're doing it wrong

That and don't press TAB.

djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Overtone is a glorious beacon of lightOvertone is a glorious beacon of lightOvertone is a glorious beacon of light
I do retype it. That is a pain in the ass, though.

I'll try not to press tab, but I have been writing emails and posting on forums for many years so it is a really hard habit to break. I guess I spend too much time on sites that aren't ss.org

I ALMOST just did it now

Unread 05-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
Swyse

Swyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I can't figure out how you are going backwards with tab. I tried it and it just posts what i typed.
What browser are you using?

i prefer the reverse stranger where I sit on my dick till it's numb, so it feels like I'm jerking a stranger off - theo in chat

Last edited by Swyse; 05-10-2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Made my post more useful.
Swyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyse View Post
I can't figure out how you are going backwards with tab. I tried it and I can't figure it out haha.
Requires swyse army knife .
Konfyouzd and Swyse like this.
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
If you're really typing that much that you can't really retype it again... you're doing it wrong
I've lost some major posts, but find a way to condense it the second time around. I know that my fellow forumites are grateful.

Funny, I don't use tab on TalkBass, The Gear Page, Second Language Acquisition, or a host of other forums. Since I manage to write up a storm without losing posts, much to everyone's dismay, I'd say... don't use tab.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

Oddly enough it's working today. May be a Safari only issue, as I'm on Firefox at the moment. If somebody actually went and fixed it, thank you for that.
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
Smeller of Smells

SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I wonder how many attempts it has taken you to post these replies

The only problem I've ever faced is that sometimes if I backspace (while typing in the Message box) it will back up the page and I'll have to do everything over. It's a rare occurrence, however.

No signature because censored blah blah blah.
SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

Ryan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ctrl + A (select all)
Ctrl + C (copy)

Save your post before the wall descends into the void.
Ryan-ZenGtr- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

I didn't know ctrl-a... will be useful in the future.

I just discovered the issue only presents itself in safari. Weird stuff... tab goes to forum jump. the URL bar, and back to the message body...