homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Site Updates & Support > Feedback & Suggestions
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Feedback & Suggestions Have a suggestion for the site? Post it here. Note that while all suggestions will be considered, not all will be replied to.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fred the Shred
  • 2 Post By MaxOfMetal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Band Spam Rule?

Im really tired of all these shitty bands joiming just to pimp their band. Anyway you guys could do away with band spam?
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
Undecided forever

Empryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I propose a subforum be made for all those posts to be moved. Then when their post count is over like 50, they get to join the rest of us, you know; that actually contribute to the community.

[ry_z] 4:17 am: You looked tiredness in the face, flexed, and canceled it.
Empryrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
I promise many a beer to the mod who does this btw

Maybe some prostitutes too..
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Maybe some prostitutes too..

Doesn't Randy take that for granted with every request?
TRENCHLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #5
ss.org Regular

IB-studjent- is a jewel in the rough
Def with Mehtab on this !

-Vik duality 8 fanned fret-
-Vik DCA baritone 6 string
-

This just in:
Apologies to the other Abasi fanbois out there....I have just recently - yesterday actually - moved to a new favorite guitarist. stated a relavent member of the music community.
IB-studjent- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empryrean View Post
I propose a subforum be made for all those posts to be moved. Then when their post count is over like 50, they get to join the rest of us, you know; that actually contribute to the community.
I think making a new subforum would be Alex's job since the mods don't have the power to do that and if the past is any indication nothing short of a forum tantrum and threats of mass exodus will get him to change anything. Unless it's a "like" system, in which case he doesn't even need to be asked.

I doubt the mods would be willing to have the added work of moving threads back and forth from sub-forum to sub-forum and having to judge who is here just to spam their band and who plans on becoming a member who contributes to the forum, after all there are a few new members here who are pretty bare faced about the fact that they are only trying to get up to 100 posts so that they can sell their shit in the for sale section and the same could end up being true for users posting about their band, make it to 50 posts and then strictly promote their band.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.brutalwizard is shredding to new heights.
I like the idea of limiting band spam, just need a neater solution

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:27 AM   #8
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'd be in total support of banning people who can't keep their band updates to a single thread.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #9
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
why not just ignore them, thats what i do

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #10
Shrederick

Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.Fred the Shred won't break the oath.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I don't see this as a bad idea, really. While it's usually quite harmless, sometimes you get a not so good streak of threads going "Hi! Witness the new generation of virgin ram impaling br00tz! 98 strings content! Forum looks good kkthxbai" that pretty much clutter the General Music section.
Necris likes this.

Buy my album, will you? My store | CDBaby
FredBrum.com
Happily endorsed by Caparison Guitars, Bare Knuckle Pickups, Gruv Gear, Sik Pik Picks, PHD Picks and Spectraflex cables
Fred the Shred is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
Intrepid Jackass

Demiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to allDemiurge is a name known to all
Maybe something easy for the mods, like changing thread titles to "HEY, BANDSPAM!" or something similar if they stumble upon them.

"I like Christian rock. It's very positive. It's not like those real musicians who think they're so cool and hip." -George Costanza
Demiurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Eh, it's not a big deal as long as it's not actually being spammed. A single "Hey, check out my band." thread in a single, proper forum isn't a big deal. Really.

There are several giant threads which became dumps for posts like this, and it just makes a giant mess thread, which just leads to folks spamming in other places.

If you don't like the music, or think it's just a stupid attention grab, report it (if it violates forum rules) and ignore from there. The thread will sink into oblivion if it's not bumped every five minutes with "UR BAND SUCKZ!" and "STOP SPAMZ" posts in it.
petereanima and rectifryer like this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote