homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #126
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thats basically kinda like one of my 7 in line headstocks made into a 4 / 4 version

Its cool but not sure its 100% my cup of tea, but thanks for the ideo
hufschmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #127
SS.org Regular

possumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeah thats kinda what I was trying to go for something that looks like your 6 and 7 inlines. Itd be cool if it would be a little more curved but Im no good at making that stuff on the computer that was just a hack job.

sol niger 333: "I'm guessing a dildo was used. A truth dildo."
possumkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #128
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That is very sexy man I love how every one of your guitars, however traditional the design, always has a ......... feel to it. You're kind like the Tom Hanks of luthiers.

Are those sperzel tuners you're sticking on there?
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #129
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Are those sperzel tuners you're sticking on there?
I'm a hipshot lover
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #130
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumkiller View Post
Yeah thats kinda what I was trying to go for something that looks like your 6 and 7 inlines. Itd be cool if it would be a little more curved but Im no good at making that stuff on the computer that was just a hack job.
I have a new headstock design which I designed with Alex for whom I'm currently building this 7 string, check it out...

Unread 09-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #131
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
awwe, i totally missed the progress shots last time around!

i love how it┤s coming along! starting to get a real idea of what it┤ll look like when finished. still, when the bridge, the pickups, the knobs, tuners, and strings are all in there, and the wood has been finished, and the logo is on...

man, it┤ll be SO DAMN COOL!

i love bloodwood, man. when i┤m getting a custom guitar next time, it┤ll totally have a bloodwood fingerboard! it┤s brighter than rosewood, has nice grain patterns, yet isn┤t brown! it┤s such a lovely shade of red too, which makes it that much more attractive!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #132
Banned

Its going to also feature my luminescent fingerboard side dots system and my first 8 string humbucker mounting rings

And of course the first ''black'' ..........slip nut and string retainer....
Unread 09-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #133
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
this guitar is, undoubtedly, totally metal

What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #134
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Just WOW !!!!!

I think it looks just AMAZING. Talking about wood choice is useless just great looking combo, what we can say more

The other topic is shape. Personally I think that headstock you did is just great and it fits the best. In-line headstock will ruin the design imo, that line which follows the body shape is great idea and couldn't be done better imo. Tele has it's own unique shape and you followed that imo way better than Fender ever did
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #135
Banned

Thanks Seb, I had the same feeling about the 8 in line headstock not being great for a tele design and wanted something a little more classy, then this idea of the headstock which matches the body cutaway just hit me...

Unread 09-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #136
Banned

Got some pics of the fingerboard gluying process for those of you who are interested to see how its done

I bought a solid marble table to make sure the surface on which i'm working is dead flat and i use this elaborated system to keep everything perfectly flat...

Then I keep everything this way for at least 48 hours...

Unread 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #137
Set up us the bomb

you know, now that you mention it, fender┤s own headstock design doesn┤t flow all that well with the bodyshape once you remove the "vintage" attitude.

the cool thing is, the headstock you┤ve got going there is a totally ordinary concept, but the execution is just so great

it makes lots of sense, too, since it follows the upper nodule and lower cutaway.

-Anthony
Unread 09-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #138
such a shredneck..

vansinn is just really nicevansinn is just really nice
This is just not right! I don't have the money for a copy, and I want in
Marvellous work, Patrick. The flow in those lines makes the 8-string neck look not wide at all.
I should never have signed up in here, haha
vansinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #139
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
you know, now that you mention it, fender┤s own headstock design doesn┤t flow all that well with the bodyshape once you remove the "vintage" attitude.

the cool thing is, the headstock you┤ve got going there is a totally ordinary concept, but the execution is just so great

it makes lots of sense, too, since it follows the upper nodule and lower cutaway.
I just hope that the strings will reach the tuning machines
Unread 09-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #140
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ......... View Post
Hey, that's my line!
TemjinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #141
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh I'm pretty sure thats clive's line.

And why does this look like its getting done so fast!?
Cheesebuiscut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 01:42 AM   #142
SS.org Regular

trippled is a glorious beacon of lighttrippled is a glorious beacon of lighttrippled is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

been working for so long on it, hope you will enjoy

the spots on the back of the headstock are the thermite attacks

BTW I will not cut an arm bevel because it will look stupid so instead i cut an integrated armrest to make it look sharp...

guys dont foget the final guitar will have a black distressed finish...

right now the guitar's weight is 2.9KG

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/Photo442.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/Photo443.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/Photo444.jpg
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/Photo447.jpg
I think it looks gorgeous even without the finish.
Great work, looks stunning
trippled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebuiscut View Post
Oh I'm pretty sure thats clive's line.

And why does this look like its getting done so fast!?
i'm glad that you think its going fast

Just keep in mind that I dont build home deposit guitars and that I dont have a full time side job and this is not a prodject that i'm working on once and a while....

I'm a full time luthier working 8 hours a day on my instruments, I dont do anything else, I dont do repair work for other customers guitars, only construction, so if an average days of work is 8 hours you can now count the number of days i'm working on it and make up an estimate of the time i spent on it....

I'm a hard worker, I go forward with things and dont keep them in my workshop for 9 monthes... Still think its going quick now? lol

PS: of course I can cut out a body from a piece of mahogany and take a picture of it in 4 monthes to show Clive the progress, I'm sure he would love this approach
Unread 09-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #144
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Good Lord your guitars are sexy. I'm saving up for one now, and I can't wait to get one done!
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #145
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Looks awesome Patrick as usual!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #146
Set up us the bomb

Quote:
strings reach all the tuners on my 30" scale 8 string, so i think you┤ll be fine

-Anthony
Unread 09-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #147
Banned

Morten, do you like distressed finishes?

Unread 09-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #148
SS.org-er

caughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud of
Ah, the sweet smell of sarcasm....
caughtinamosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #149
Banned

this is the first step of the finish process which will take a good week to complete....

Now you know what I had in mind with this thermited neck.....

Unread 09-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #150
SS.org-er

caughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud of
Woah, that looks good...

What's happening to the zebrano top, with regards to finish?

Looking absolutely gorgeous thus far.
caughtinamosh is offline   Reply With Quote