homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #51
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
Patrick, your guitars are great, of course, but the beauty of your own backyard/homeland is astounding! So epic and metal.. I'm envious.
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #52
Gives Life Meaning

White Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That Hufcaster tickles my taint every time i see it..A beautiful work of art it is..
And that BM8 and the scenery. JEEEESSSSUUUSSSS.

(sings)"The hills are alive with the sound of djenting"
White Cluster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #53
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Where do i start? Great pics, beautiful BM Clive, i'm really looking forward to watching your build progress, and Patrick, your place is so ....ing beautiful man
Oh, and kickass videoguys.

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 02:23 AM   #54
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
aw thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the pics and the video, just too much wind
hufschmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:48 AM   #55
droooooneeeeeeeee!

phaeded0ut is just really nicephaeded0ut is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really pretty work, Patrick and Doug! Very, very tasty.

"All the World's a stage, ... and the rest is Vaudeville..."
-Allan Moore
phaeded0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 09:01 AM   #56
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Unread 08-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #57
Hairy Old Bloke

hairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
hah! i was imagining you bought his wife actual corks that said "my husband went to switzerland, and all i got were these shitty corks!"

That can be taken in such a bad way....

GADZOOKS AND ODDS BODKINS!!!!!
Not a hipster: Blackmachine, Jaden Rose, Paul Reed Smith, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson, Gibson, Boss, Diezel, Marshall, Framus, VHT, Ampeg, Electro Harmonix, Korg, Alesis, MFB, Doepfer, Moog, Arturia.
hairychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 03:09 PM   #58
Ha Ha...alliteration

awesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of lightawesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of lightawesomeaustin is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Strings of Hate View Post
beautiful BM Clive
Am I the only one who might have taken this out of context?

anyway, beautiful guitars

awesomeaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #59
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
you guys all have such dirty minds!

why don┤t we all just sit down and wait for Patrick to oil his wood and snap cell phone pics of it to us?

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #60
Westernesse

hotrodded_wooden_ mill is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ......... View Post
what was the name of the place?
Interlaken & Lauterbrunnen. Here's a picture from that area.

hotrodded_wooden_ mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #61
Banned

Unread 09-01-2009, 03:12 AM   #62
Westernesse

hotrodded_wooden_ mill is a jewel in the rough
Tell an american that a 2,5 hour drive is a long drive

Switserland isn't that big, but you can't drive up to speed because of all the hills, sharp turns, etc.
hotrodded_wooden_ mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #63
DO CEO / RHLC ę

AeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to behold
For god sakes Patrick you're causing a heart condition on me, i can't take so much excitement at once! ..

Please Patrick... give it to us! we need more pics of oiled hard wood ownage!!
EDIT: God, you guys are right , i had this weird mental of two guitar techs talking and making it sound like they're talking dirty

Product of my boreness:
https://soundcloud.com/aeonsolus

AeonSolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #64
Banned

Unread 09-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #65
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
OILED WOOD, LEADING UP TO SLIPPERY NUTS... AWW YEAH!

STROKE MAH HARDWARE!

...had to...

What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 09-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #66
SS.org Regular

JonnHatch is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Gahhh dang man, i went to Switzerland about 11 years ago, and figured out that its the best place IN THE WORLD. I wanna move there!! Is it true you have to live there 12 years before you can become a citizen?

ALSO, Patrick, PM me, i would love to know what the cost would be on an 8 string pleeeeease
JonnHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #67
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
Very nice....it doesn't really get any better than those two guitars

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
ShadyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #68
Banned

Unread 09-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #69
Banned

Unread 09-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #70
Set up us the bomb

how did you guys decide on that specific scale? 28.31" is a weird scale :P

-Anthony
Unread 09-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #71
SS.org-er

caughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
how did you guys decide on that specific scale? 28.31" is a weird scale :P
That's what I thought...

It should sound as clear as a bell though, especially if it's anywhere near as acoustically resonant and bright sounding as your other youtube-ed guitars.
caughtinamosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #72
Banned

Nothing weird at all, 28.31 inch scale is obtained by using the 30" template and starting
on the 1st fret...

It actually makes perfect sens mathematically and is a very good scale for this instrument.......
Unread 09-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #73

LordCoven is just really niceLordCoven is just really nice
Some more pics ...

Hi all,

Patrick sent me these pics, which I thought I'd share with you all
I'm as giddy as a little child in a sweets shop hehe Really looking forward to witnessing the rest of the processes - and, of course, actually holding and playing the thing when its done \m/

Cheers,
C
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo324.jpg (144.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Photo323.jpg (153.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Photo322.jpg (198.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Photo321.jpg (185.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Photo318.jpg (221.3 KB, 16 views)
LordCoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #74

LordCoven is just really niceLordCoven is just really nice
And some more ...

more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo316.jpg (255.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Photo348.jpg (179.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Photo347.jpg (178.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Photo346.jpg (268.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Photo345.jpg (254.8 KB, 29 views)
LordCoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #75
Kenyon class of 2014

Dusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of light
Dude that's awesome

Patrick, I will have a custom built by you one day! And I want that BM 8 string too

"But man is to such an extent partial to a system and an abstract conclusion that he is prepared deliberately distort the truth, prepared to see nothing and to hear nothing, simply in order to justify his logic." - Fyodor Dostoevsky (Notes From the Underground)
Dusty201087 is offline   Reply With Quote