homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #26
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
patrick does, in fact, walk around with that tele guitar in his hands all the time. no matter where he goes, or what he┤s doing, he┤s holding it. always. even when he goes shopping. and when he goes to the movies... ALWAYS!

i┤ll have to check out the full interview later, gotta do a budget right now :P

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #27
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hufschmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #28
Undecided forever

Empryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to allEmpryrean is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ......... View Post

Who wants to come and visit me next
Biking across the Atlantic would be quite difficult with a guitar on my back
Empryrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #29
SS.org Regular

DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.DIOBOLIC5150 is the epitome of metal.
Not only does this thread make me GAS for a Huffy, it makes me want to vacation to beautiful Switzerland and drink beer with him at a tiny pub.
DIOBOLIC5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #30
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIOBOLIC5150 View Post
it makes me want to vacation to beautiful Switzerland and drink beer with him at a tiny pub.
haha then you will make even faster videos if you drink too much beer

Unread 08-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #31
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Great clip Patrick!

If I ever have enough cash saved up I will come there to give you an interview.

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmc74 View Post
Great clip Patrick!

If I ever have enough cash saved up I will come there to give you an interview.
and drink some beer

Unread 08-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #33
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
and drink some beer

Lots of beer!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #34
Hairy Old Bloke

hairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Epic.

Patrick's guitars have a different vibe, and are at least as yummy looking as Doug's work. Omnonnom? Yup.

GADZOOKS AND ODDS BODKINS!!!!!
Not a hipster: Blackmachine, Jaden Rose, Paul Reed Smith, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson, Gibson, Boss, Diezel, Marshall, Framus, VHT, Ampeg, Electro Harmonix, Korg, Alesis, MFB, Doepfer, Moog, Arturia.
hairychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairychris View Post
Omnonnom? Yup.
I love this omnomnomnom in the thread

thanks man, glad you enjoyed the pictures, been editing them like crazy to try and bring out the true wood textures, we took the pics this morning at about 11, then we went up the mountains to check the gorgeous view
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #36
Westernesse

hotrodded_wooden_ mill is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Who wants to come and visit me next
I was 100 KM below Bern a few weeks ago. Is that near your place?
hotrodded_wooden_ mill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodded_wooden_ mill View Post
I was 100 KM below Bern a few weeks ago. Is that near your place?
what was the name of the place?
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #38

LordCoven is just really niceLordCoven is just really nice
Hey all

@Patrick: thanks again for your hospitality

I had such an awesome time visiting Patrick, seeing where his guitars are made and checking out the wood which will eventually end up in mine Shooting the breeze over a beer in that beautiful countryside really is something else \m/
Also, I'm sooooo stoked about this guitar, because I reckon it will be the ultimate 8 string METAL guitar \m/ The OTT pickups Patrick does are simply unbelievable \m/ And the Zebra wood is gorgeous (not that the Ebony on the BM isn't, of course LOL).
Blackdro´d FTW hehe \m/

Cheers,
C
LordCoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCoven View Post
@Patrick: thanks again for your hospitality
My pelasure man, and thank you for comming to visit me

Oh man you must be so tired right now!

Clive just drove for 7 hours by car to go back home
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #40

Hehe - not too bad, actually - a Gutmann Weizen Bier really pepps you up LOL
I think I actually managed the return journey in 6.5 hrs - no speed restriction on German motorways FTW hehehe
Cheers,
C
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #41
Banned

Quote:
Hehe - not too bad, actually - a Gutmann Weizen Bier really pepps you up LOL
I think I actually managed the return journey in 6.5 hrs - no speed restriction on German motorways FTW hehehe
Cheers,
C
haha now thats speed metal! Clive and his blackmachine driving at 280km/hour
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #42

Just been showing my wife all the pics I'd taken and where I was on the map
I think we're all set for a holiday around yours next year hehehe \m/

She says thanks for the corks and the T-shirt BTW

Cheers,
C
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Just been showing my wife all the pics I'd taken and where I was on the map
I think we're all set for a holiday around yours next year hehehe \m/

She says thanks for the corks and the T-shirt BTW

Cheers,
C
haha awesome, that will be epic!

Clive is talking about a special candy which is shaped like a cork which we call bouchons vaudois which is a local speciality because its a wine country over here...

Unread 08-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #44
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
hah! i was imagining you bought his wife actual corks that said "my husband went to switzerland, and all i got were these shitty corks!"

switzerland has so many awesome candies it seems

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #45
Banned

daemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to beholddaemon barbeque is a splendid one to behold
Awesome video BTW... It looks like a hell of a fun, an your accent made me laugh after watching French movies and learning some French the whole day LOL
daemon barbeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #46
ss.org Regular

windu is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIOBOLIC5150 View Post
Not only does this thread make me GAS for a Huffy, it makes me want to vacation to beautiful Switzerland and drink beer with him at a tiny pub.

dude no joke. i agree with you 100% i gotta hit up switzerland! those hills and scenery look amazing! i live in texas, south texas, closest beautifull scenery i get here is a gnarly wave, a couple of blubonets here and there and a rusted parked elcomino running off hopes and dreams.
windu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #47
Formerly Lern2Swim

Ben.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Patrick, you owe me a new keyboard now after making me drool all over mine. I've said it before in this forum and others, if I ever get to the level where I feel I merit a custom guitar, one of yours would be at the top of my list.
Ben.Last is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #48
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Awesome! Now I'm GASing even more for a Huf and Blackmachine! That BM 8 that Clive has is sweet! So is that Hufcaster.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #49
flo

flo is a name known to allflo is a name known to allflo is a name known to allflo is a name known to all
Beautiful guitars! I wonder what the type of bridge on the 8string is called?
flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #50
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Beautiful guitars! I wonder what the type of bridge on the 8string is called?
ABM Single String Bridge.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is online now   Reply With Quote