homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
The Djentle Giant

muffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW SONG! (8 and 9 string content)

So I've already posted this in the recording section but i figure ill post here as well in case some of ya dont hear it.

Leo and I have been working pretty hard on this song and just had Jon reprogram the drums as per how he'd play it. So check it out its the first track called Inferno

MySpace.com - Alpha Trion *Searching for a Vocalist!* - Vancouver, CA - Experimental / Progressive / Metal - www.myspace.com/a3band
muffgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

whisper is a jewel in the rough
Very nice. Who's solo is that at around 4:50?
Leo's got himself an arsenal! WTF
What type of vocals are you thinking for this? (I'm not a vocalist, just asking)
Have you tried different styles out? I'm just wondering because, the music is wicked fresh, and vocals can make or break stuff like this. \m/
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
The Djentle Giant

muffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Very nice. Who's solo is that at around 4:50?
Leo's got himself an arsenal! WTF
What type of vocals are you thinking for this? (I'm not a vocalist, just asking)
Have you tried different styles out? I'm just wondering because, the music is wicked fresh, and vocals can make or break stuff like this. \m/
Hey man, thats leo rockin the lead we got a few vocalists interested we are looking for a nice mix between some heavy screams and clean vocals for the melodies and stuff. We would also like some light keys in the background for ambience in the long run as well. Thanks for the kind words
Unread 10-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
that's some really nice stuff, man

best of luck finding a vocalist. i'm really looking forward hearing some vocals there

how do you like the vetta, btw?
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
The Djentle Giant

I am reeally enjoying it. The cleans you are hearing at the end are actually the vetta through direct XLRs i havent got the SPDIF up and running yet but i am ever soo slowly workin on it one thing at a time. Tis a great amp so far and it does everything i could want it to do and more, gonna try it out in the band situation this friday with the 4x12 and 2x15 so im lookin forward to it
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
Theoretical Reality

eegor is just really niceeegor is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great stuff here. Definitely Meshuggah-inspired.
eegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #7
The Canada

gatesofcarnage is a jewel in the rough
Some very great stuff!!
gatesofcarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

I gotta be honest, I don't hear meshuggah. I hear some tech, some REALLY good hooks in there - something not too many can pull off in a technical metal type setting. See, this is where the vocalist can make it or break it.
Unread 10-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #9
Theoretical Reality

Quote:
I gotta be honest, I don't hear meshuggah.
Luckily they are smart enough not to keep it going on throughout the song. In the beginning I heard it, but they didn't take the easy way out and follow that road through the song. It didn't last very long.
Unread 10-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #10
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I just got the facebook message after school and checked it out. Im liking it alot as usual.

if leo is reading this he needs to bring his 8 string or 9 string to class next time
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #11
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Jesus Christ that is awesome! That guitar tone is fat as hell! Really cool riffs and song writing too.. I hope you guys can find an awesome vocalist.
Only thing I'd change is the snare sound.. a little more crack, less pop.

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #12
The Djentle Giant

Wow guys thanks alot for the kind words! Im even honored that someone can listen and say that we are inspired by Meshuggah cause we greatly are. As far as the tone goes i didnt .... around with anything this time i went bare bones.

Pod patch with a light compressor on the grouped channel. This is more towards the sound of Jons snare as he has one almost similar to Chris Adler, gonna be adding like 3 more toms into the mix to be able to create the size of his actual kit too lmao!
Unread 10-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What a relief to hear this! I was away from civilization for the rest of the weekend and chomping at the bit to hear this with Jon's drums
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Hey Leo, props on the solo!
Also, just checked out the gita asmara website. AMAZING! How are you involved in this, if you don't mind me asking. One of the percussionists?
Unread 10-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

hanachanmaru is a jewel in the rough
Nice cool shit !!!!! cross like meshuggah riffs
hanachanmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 12:38 AM   #16
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Hey Leo, props on the solo!
Also, just checked out the gita asmara website. AMAZING! How are you involved in this, if you don't mind me asking. One of the percussionists?
Hey thanks a lot.

For the Gita Asmara group I've played all of the instruments except the hand drums and the bamboo flutes so far. It's my 11th year with them and the intensity and sheer joy of learning and performing the music can't be beat. Occasionally I get to play electric guitar in a fusion piece but other than that it's all percussion. There's another thread relating to this here: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/liv...-goodness.html
Unread 10-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #17
". . . . . . . ."

larry is just really nicelarry is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
leo, muffgoat...

i ....ing love the new track.
yess, you bitches are it!!!!!!!:chris:

i sincerely hope you get a vox & keys asap, so that
you get to open for meshuggah when they come
to vancouver b.c.

feel free to release a full length disc so that i may
buy it. hell i'd buy a few coppies and give them
as gifts to my closest friends.

seriously. i like it. go as far as you can.

". . . . . . . ."
comissioned: sii-8 scale
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #18
Theoretical Reality

I agree with the above post. I'd love to hear a full-length cd. It'd be kick-ass.
Unread 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #19
prototyping...

Thanks a lot larry & eegor - that's very encouraging to hear and we're definitely working on a full-length.
Unread 10-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #20
Theoretical Reality

Really? Sweet. How far along are you?
Unread 10-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #21
The Djentle Giant

So far we got like 9 songs together i beleive so gonna get a few more together so we can pick and choose the best 8 or 9
Unread 10-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #22
Circles Guitarist

nuclearvoodoo is a jewel in the rough
Thats some nice djent right there man! Love your work!
nuclearvoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #23
prototyping...

Unread 10-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #24
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Killer stuff! Intensity and brutality. I accepted your request too.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #25
prototyping...

Awesome thanks Shawn