homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

View Poll Results: What colour(s) would you like to see in the next run of Agile Intrepids?
White Oxide 66 31.28%
Black Frost 31 14.69%
Ocean Burst 77 36.49%
Lizard Burst 68 32.23%
Blood Burst 91 43.13%
Grape Frost 32 15.17%
Ghost Burst 69 32.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Agile Intrepid Fall 2008 run: Colour ideas?

Okay, maybe this is a little premature, but assuming you guys who didn't get in on the first round of Intrepids are still itching for an affordable 8, what might you want to see in terms of colours for the next round?

White Oxide:

Black Frost:

Ocean Burst:

Lizard Burst:

Blood Burst:

Grape Frost:

Ghost Burst:

Fretboard woods are just for show at this point... i picked maple or ebony based on what i thought looked good with each colour.

Any other suggestions?

Pick your faves, and we can maybe use this to help guide Kurt on the next round.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
GHOST BURST
White oxide is also very nice

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
ss.org Regular

raisingfear101 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i like the purple and blue the best, but i still like the first run of the pros better. im soooooooo pissed i missed out on that.
raisingfear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

As much as I like colored burst, some people like plain colors to,

I like the blood burst and the ocean burst, but a nice plain dark reed and dark green with a little seethrough is never wrong.
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
is Ginormous.

Zacplays is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dont care the colour. I just want mass quantities. Still kicking myself in the ass for missing the first run -_-

Myspace.com/fallbrett
Zacplays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #6

Cameron will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacplays View Post
I dont care the colour. I just want mass quantities. Still kicking myself in the ass for missing the first run -_-

<3
Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
Blood Burst is sexy! That Ocean Burst one needs an ebony board too!

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #8
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Make the white one, with a 770 mm (+3 fret) scale and I put in my order.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
You'll have to go custom for that

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
NDG
SS Contributor

NDG is just really niceNDG is just really nice
I like the black frost and the blood burst.

Suggestion: Natural Bubinga maybe? Looks nice on the HXB bass (imo of course).

Edit: I'm almost completely unsure of the feasibility of it.
NDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #11
Texas CEO / RHLC

st2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'd be all over a ghost burst but honestly my heart belongs to the natural finish on the ones that have been built already
st2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #12
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Those look great! I'd love to see a blood burst.

Edit: I see passives. Is this for the standard, the pro, or both?

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #13
The Canada

gatesofcarnage is a jewel in the rough
BLOOD BURST AND LIZARD BURST ARE THE SHIZ!!
gatesofcarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Damn, those are ALL hot... and much better than the initial finishes (one of which is on its way to me).

Sometimes I don't like you Darren

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #15
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ocean and Grape OMG.

Blood burst is sweet too. Though I didnt vote for it

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
And might I add for the record Pro + passive pup = EPIC WIN!

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:32 PM   #17
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
And might I add for the record Pro + passive pup = EPIC WIN!
I'd hit it.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

Demeyes is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I really like the White one and the Blood burst. I'm not overly gone on some of the others. I have to say though, I really like the Pro finish that was done already, I hope they keep that for the next round too.
Demeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
Chief Officer/RHLC

ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Grape

Reverse Headstocks or Bust

:chris: ALL HEIL THE ADMINISHREDDER!
ibznorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #20
Classical &amp; Metal

bulletbass man is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ghost burst and blood burst are pretty sweet imo.

I really like the bloodburst.
bulletbass man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #21
SS Contributor

techjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I have to go with the Ghost Burst finish and White Oxide finish as my favorites. I'd have to risk certain death from the wife if Kurt made either of those models available in a Standard or Pro model.
techjsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #22
Theoretical Reality

eegor is just really niceeegor is just really nice
^What that guy said.
eegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #23
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ocean Burst

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #24
ss.org Regular

theshred201 is a jewel in the rough
Ocean Burst FTW! Blood burst is my second choice, maybe if it was just a tad darker I'd like it a bit more...
theshred201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #25
SS.org Regular

Jzbass25 is just really niceJzbass25 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Man I can't decide, I love all the colors, I can't decide between Blood Burst or Ocean Burst as my fav
Jzbass25 is offline   Reply With Quote