homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

View Poll Results: What colour(s) would you like to see in the next run of Agile Intrepids?
White Oxide 66 31.28%
Black Frost 31 14.69%
Ocean Burst 77 36.49%
Lizard Burst 68 32.23%
Blood Burst 91 43.13%
Grape Frost 32 15.17%
Ghost Burst 69 32.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #26
new album soon!

Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Grape frost for me!

Lizard burst comes in a close second though.

i dig all of them, except the white ones.
Edroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #27
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
The Oceanburst and Lizardburst are just begging for ebony boards. They would look KILLER on those 8's! Wow.
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #28
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edroz View Post
Grape frost for me!

Lizard burst comes in a close second though.

i dig all of them, except the white ones.
Who would have guessed

I would be double stoked if these came out as sevens sometime......

*cough cough*

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #29
Belongs On 1 String

COBHC is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i dont even need an 8 but if they make em in blood , lizard or ocean burst id have to buy atleast 1 maybe 2 of em.
COBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #30
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I've made a custom wallpaper for my cell phone out of the blood burst mockup. I've got to say, though, that ocean burst looks nicer every time I look at it.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #31
The Djentle Giant

muffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
And might I add for the record Pro + passive pup = EPIC WIN!
+ abillion, i want a pro model with a passive pickup so i can through a m8 in it!!
muffgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 02:48 AM   #32
SS Contributor

elrrek is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ocean Burst is very nice.

I could make suggestions, but that would just add to the confusion so .... if the green on the Lizard Burst was darker that would be great and if the Ghost Burst came with a maple finger board that would also cause me problems if I had to choose.

If these become available, I'm going to be in trouble
elrrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 02:52 AM   #33
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
White Oxide
Lizard Burst
Blood Burst
Ghost Burst

Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 02:59 AM   #34
Theory God

Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.Mr. Big Noodles is pretty damn metal.
I like the raw aesthetic of the Intrepid, a look that is emphasized by a visible wood grain on a very wide body with that little horn on the back. Putting a solid finish on it would make it look like an Ibanez or LTD, which is a turnoff for me. The grape is nice, but I do prefer the mockups with wood grain. Ocean burst is first for me, and then a tie between blood burst and lizard.

Tabs cause lung cancer. Quit now! - The ABC Notation Thread

Skype theory lessons. PM me.
Mr. Big Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #35
Rusty spoon...

plyta is a glorious beacon of lightplyta is a glorious beacon of lightplyta is a glorious beacon of light
I voted for:
Ocean Burst
Lizard Burst
Blood Burst

ALCOBRUTAL
plyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #36
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
holy shit Blood burst and Ghost Burst are amazing
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:02 AM   #37
the black wizards

Ze Kink is just really niceZe Kink is just really nice
Oh ...., I might have to get one if Ghost Burst becomes available!
Ze Kink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:06 AM   #38
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
if someone was to mention quilted maple tops would ppl listen?
maybe do another set of pros and standards and have the pros maple topped with quilted maple like the interceptor pros were
just an idea
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #39
The Canada

gatesofcarnage is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Last edited by gatesofcarnage; 09-04-2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
gatesofcarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #40
Carvin Fanboy

NickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
if the Ocean burst becomes a reality I might have to go even further into debt =/
NickCormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #41
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I actually like all of them, with the exception of the Ghost Burst. Too much like silver burst for me, which I hate
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #42
Hasta la vista, Baby

Emperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Ocean burst!!! I ....ing love blue guitars with maple necks
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #43
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
All of the color options look good but my vote goes for the lizard burst! Thats the one I would choose if I were buying one.

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #44
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
i loved them all, except the ocean burst. it´s nice, but i would have loved it more if it was turquoise in the middle.

the bloodburst and lizard burst are my favourites

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #45
SS.org Regular

Used666 is a name known to allUsed666 is a name known to allUsed666 is a name known to allUsed666 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Really like them all except black and grape frost.
Used666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #46
SS.org Regular

buffa d is a jewel in the rough
White Oxide FTW!

They should make a white 7 string as well.
I'd buy one in a heart beat.
buffa d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #47
ss.org Regular

Niels will become famous soon enough
I'd buy the Blood Burst instantly, pure guitar sex.
Lizard Burst would be my second option if it had an ebony board.
Niels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #48
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Blood burst FTMFW!!

The blue one would be nice if it was a tad darker.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #49
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm really surprised Blood Burst is so popular! Ghost Burst took an early lead, but it's obviously been surpassed. Would you guys prefer to see Blood Burst as a transparent burst, or an opaque red burst along the lines of the EBMM/JP "Pearl Redburst" finish?

I should do some more solid finish options.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:19 PM   #50
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i want one in all natural like i saw in the other thread, that one was sick, but i'd still take mine with an ebony board

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
I'm really surprised Blood Burst is so popular! Ghost Burst took an early lead, but it's obviously been surpassed. Would you guys prefer to see Blood Burst as a transparent burst, or an opaque red burst along the lines of the EBMM/JP "Pearl Redburst" finish?

I should do some more solid finish options.
i'd say transparent, i like to see that wood grain

Last edited by Sepultorture; 09-04-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote