homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

Snorelax is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ergo guitars?

Does anybody have any pics of them?

I was looking at some old threads in this forum and they were mentioned a lot, but all of the picture of them are expired and there is no information on their site that I can find about the guitars.
Snorelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
I owned this Ergo 9 for a little while. Przemek had it before me, and I sold it to Leon, who I believe still has it (both 7str.org members).

The worksmanship was pretty good. To my hands, it felt like a little wider version of an old UV7 neck, only significanly longer, obviously. It was really, really comfortable to play, and surpisingly well balanced considering the size of the neck.

TMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
AEADGBEA

Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That thing looks incredibly badass!

What was the scale, and how was the high B and E string to play on that scale?

Pseudo-Jazz Sophisticate
-The 7 and ERG Chord Melody [Jazz] Thread-
"If Stravinsky's music is that of the Earth, then Meshuggah's music is that of the Machine"

Teaching
Guitar-Piano Technique/Theory/Jazz & Classical University Prep

Ossington & Bloor area in Toronto.
I now do Sykpe lessons - Inquire via PM!
Trespass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
WOW! Thats a brutal looking guitar! That neck is wide!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #5
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
The high B and E were fine... there was obviously a little more sting tension than regular scale, but it was definitely comfortable. I think it probably would have been a little more picky about string gauges at that scale, but I didn't play around with it too much.
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
ss.org Regular

VforVendetta00 is just really niceVforVendetta00 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I got one, and its the best sounding guitar i've played ever, its not the most polished guitar in terms of finish but the fretboard and fretwork is flawless and its just plain awesome.

thats the only pic i got, next to a carvin 6 string bass i used to have.
VforVendetta00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Is this the guy who does ErgoInstruments? I have an electric cello by him... it's build quality is pretty good, but the homemade piezo setup is really hard to keep in a good position for string balance.
TemjinStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #8
AEADGBEA

Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post
The high B and E were fine... there was obviously a little more sting tension than regular scale, but it was definitely comfortable. I think it probably would have been a little more picky about string gauges at that scale, but I didn't play around with it too much.
How was bends and vibrato? And by that I mean how hampering is the extra tension due to scale

Pseudo-Jazz Sophisticate
"If Stravinsky's music is that of the Earth, then Meshuggah's music is that of the Machine"

Teaching

Unread 06-15-2008, 10:27 PM   #9
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I believe that 9-string was built for Donnie, yes? He had a few Ergos at the time (I think he had a 7, and he had a really odd-looking fanned-fret 6-string).

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
ss.org Regular

Those look like really cool guitars guys!

Thanks for posting them.
Unread 06-16-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
SS Contributor

techjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to beholdtechjsteele is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMM View Post
I owned this Ergo 9 for a little while. Przemek had it before me, and I sold it to Leon, who I believe still has it (both 7str.org members).

The worksmanship was pretty good. To my hands, it felt like a little wider version of an old UV7 neck, only significanly longer, obviously. It was really, really comfortable to play, and surpisingly well balanced considering the size of the neck.

http://www.sevenstring.org/photoplog...o_9-String.jpg
http://www.sevenstring.org/photoplog...Ergo_9__3_.JPG

DO WANT!!!!

That makes me pine for my 8-string Agile even more.
techjsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 04:32 AM   #12
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinStrife View Post
Is this the guy who does ErgoInstruments? I have an electric cello by him... it's build quality is pretty good, but the homemade piezo setup is really hard to keep in a good position for string balance.
ooooo We need pictures of that.
Unread 06-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #13
LACS Lover

nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trespass View Post
That thing looks incredibly badass!

What was the scale, and how was the high B and E string to play on that scale?
It had something like 28 3/4inch scale. I've tuned it different then Tom. My tunning was like on standard 8 string but with double high e, with 2 different gauge strings, it was imitating 12string acoustic on cleans very well that way

one more pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
I believe that 9-string was built for Donnie, yes? He had a few Ergos at the time (I think he had a 7, and he had a really odd-looking fanned-fret 6-string).
Yep, I bought it from Donnie and sold it then to Tom.

It was very cool guitar that sounded great. The EMG was clear, rich sounding and very natural both overdriven and clean.
Only thing that I didn't liked about it was the finish of the body (would be better with plain color not just dyed wood) and number of frets. For me it was unconfortable in high positions

Donnie had also a blue 6 string ERGO
nikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #14
AEADGBEA

Thats really neat. So yeah, the 28 3/4 definitely handled the low F#. Did you try a low C# at 28 3/4?

Pseudo-Jazz Sophisticate

Teaching

Unread 06-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #15
LACS Lover

nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
No but TMM did, as I remember
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #16
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

Yeah, I had it tuned C# F# B E A D G B E. The F# alone was about as low as seemed reasonable through a tube amp, because the lower frequencies weren't overdriving the amps I played the same way the upper strings were, with good reason... they weren't meant to be able to reproduce those notes. When played through a PODxt Pro into a tube poweramp, however, that low C# was more than nasty, but I had to add my 1x15 cab for any clarity... definitely in the realm of the brown note . I never found a good use for notes that low though.
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #17
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Holy moly - looks awesome but how are those frets below the cutout even accessible ?
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #18
Be-otch

Papa Shank is just really nicePapa Shank is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I had a 9 and a 10, the 9's pickup routing was too far to one side and technically the guitar was never finished (he had some issue getting the pickup and I was impatient so I asked him to send the guitar out without a pickup). I was very pleased with the overall build however and went on to get the 10 but it wasn't really what I wanted in an instrument.

Donnies was always sexy as hell, had mine been properly finished I doubt I'd have then sold it. I have to say in Jesse's defense (if it sounds like I'm downing the guy) that for the money these things are amazing and as he doesn't make them all the time they are quite unique.
Papa Shank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #19
LACS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
Holy moly - looks awesome but how are those frets below the cutout even accessible ?
not for my hand
Unread 06-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #20
ss.org Regular

Niels will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Tapping?
Niels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #21
Incognito Alchemist

Drage is a jewel in the rough
Man, those are some attractive guitars!

*google searches*
Drage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #22
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Shank View Post
that for the money these things are amazing and as he doesn't make them all the time they are quite unique.
How much do they cost?
Unread 06-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #23
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

Quote:
With proper hand position (and strap height), your reach should be about as long as the distance from the crook of your thumb to the tips of your fingers. So, as long as you don't have Oompa Loompa hands, it's not really a problem... just a matter of getting your left hand used to the stretch.
Unread 06-17-2008, 03:10 AM   #24
The Djentle Giant

muffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to behold
HEY!! ive played that guitar and honestly was quite impressed.. Caught me off gaurd when i looked at it but it plays quite well and is actualy quite balanced and suprisingly light
muffgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #25
ss.org Regular

VforVendetta00 is just really niceVforVendetta00 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Shank View Post
I had a 9 and a 10, the 9's pickup routing was too far to one side and technically the guitar was never finished (he had some issue getting the pickup and I was impatient so I asked him to send the guitar out without a pickup). I was very pleased with the overall build however and went on to get the 10 but it wasn't really what I wanted in an instrument.

Donnies was always sexy as hell, had mine been properly finished I doubt I'd have then sold it. I have to say in Jesse's defense (if it sounds like I'm downing the guy) that for the money these things are amazing and as he doesn't make them all the time they are quite unique.
yep, nothing short of rare and amazing guitars really. but people love to nitpick every little thing and forget that guitars are made to be played. i for one am waiting on jesse to have some free time to make me another one!
VforVendetta00 is offline   Reply With Quote