homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #51
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
they are bass strings that i'm using but honestly, there work just fine and match the guitar string set tone.

------------------------

Don't talk shit about total.
Crucified is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #52
ss.org Regular

silvestrien will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thank you Kevin for help, really.

Enrico
silvestrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #53
Guns N Guitars

Zoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to all
Soon to be an EX-RG2228 owner
Zoltta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #54
ss.org Regular

silvestrien will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltta View Post
Soon to be an EX-RG2228 owner
Why? What's happened? Any specific technical reason that you may illustrate?
silvestrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #55
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
I think he's going to buy another 8 string soon after SC608B?

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2008, 11:53 PM   #56
Guns N Guitars

Zoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to all
yes trading it in for the 608. Its more to the spec i desire. Cant afford to keep both

It sucks i cant have both cause i really love this thing, but im almost 100 percent sure ill like the 608 more considering i already own a 607, so i have some clue how its going to be
Unread 05-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #57
ss.org Regular

nexbot will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltta View Post
yes trading it in for the 608. Its more to the spec i desire. Cant afford to keep both

It sucks i cant have both cause i really love this thing, but im almost 100 percent sure ill like the 608 more considering i already own a 607, so i have some clue how its going to be
Dude, you'll have to let me know how you like the 608B.

You'll be the first person I know to have directly compared the two!
nexbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #58
Guns N Guitars

Sure thing man, i should be getting it around the 12th. Ill post a pic story on it too if i have time
Unread 05-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #59
Sir Mix-A-Lot

KaLeVaLA is just really niceKaLeVaLA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So...i´m thinking about going and get my rg2228 intonated.
But im kinda noob on string tuning. What tuning is a good tuning? I want it in drop.

F?

http://www.soundclick.com/kalevala

Kalevala name is now in the past...my new name for this project is : Blessing in disguise ! Or BID if you like

http://www.myspace.com/bidband1
KaLeVaLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #60
ss.org Regular

7and8stringMike is headed in the right direction.
I Love Metal, and so:
It's a great guitar. I Love It!!!!!!!!!

but to answer a few questions I saw about it. Ibanez designs their guitars, for how they think they will be used, with design advice from those requesting such models I think???

And so, the action is set, extreemly low on purpose ---with a slight intensional buzz /to give the most extreme low action possible /and with the slight buzz, as I see many strat fans also like to use, because it is a "coveted" set up style by many, including the Metal Head Musicians Ibanez feels want it that way the most.

And with that slight buzz, when amplified, it simulates a slight spongey sound ( ????), as it's been described, ( but seems to Me, would generate it's own harp harmonics ---without any help ), --but in actualy usage with note clarity, more than you would expect, inspite of the slight buzz.

But Ibanez is famous for setting up their guitars with low gauge string sets to begin with, and one would think going up a gauge, would slightly pull the neck ( more tension to reach a higher pitch to relative string thickness ), and sit just a little higher,

But the action is set, just too low, for Me, even though I am pure Metal in My taste of music,

So I raised the bridge just a little ( which required more turns on the bridge height/adjusting screws ( if you could call those monsters screws ---it's a good thing I have a very wide blade straight edge screwdriver ), and in increments I adjusted the truss rod,

I wanted to give it time to settle, so I did the truss rod, a few times, and the action is still unbelieveably low ----like the lowest action I have on a guitar, and yet I got rid of the slight buzz.

I don't care about their recomended set up specs, as they invision it's set up extreemly low, which I still retain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their design, and quality, and sound is excellent, and it's a wonderfull guitar, which I love, but I just prefer a little higher action, without the boderline buzz.

But any adjustment at all ( like adding or removing bend to a neck ----affects the overall string length from nut to brifge < even if only a micro amount > ), and therefore intonation needs to be checked /and adjusted if needs be, after adding bend to the neck.

I have not decided yet, if I want to use any heavier strings or not, cause I love it as is,

It's an awsome guitar.

But I would change, the whole hidding the active pickup battery, in that small control knob compartment like that, and opt for a change, to a seperate, battery compartment ---the kind, where you can just unlock the cover, without removing screws, to change the battery.

And so, until they invent, a heavy duty enough tremolo arm, for those things, I would not change anything else on it, except maybee ask for "Gothic Cross" fret inlays standard?????????

I have seen the picture of one, somewhere, youtube, or myspace, which showed one with gothic cross inlays, and did a double take, cause it sure looked like thr rg2228gk to Me.

I also use ( at the very least ) a MXR M-108 10 band EQ, and when I save up, like many well built racks have, I would look into those 32 channel graphic eq's, and BBE sonic equalizers ( 421's ??? ), etc.., and all of that other expensive stuff, before I complained, about not liking the "sound" I get out of a 7, or 8 string guitar,

Because BBE, is correct, about sound getting out of time and phase, and cheap, and expensive rigs can be improved with one ( but the BBE, which I don't own yet ----as I have no more money to spend at this very moment ),

but My MXR 10 band EQ, is killer, with this guitar, and a good tube amp,

and so what about 2 MXR M-108's, ( set up with slightly differnt scoops/boosts ), and a Boss LS-2, functionality/switchable, line switcher,

for the 2 10 band eq's, or the 2 10 band eq's, and a bypass channel, etc.., ????

7and8stringMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 05:24 AM   #61
I Rule Anti-Solos

IBANEZDIEHARD is on a distinguished road
i just bought mine on the weekend i have been playing exclusively 6 string guitars for the last year as the band i was in didn't want to play any lower than C, but since leaving that band i've been GASing for a new 7 i decided to give the 8 a try and i loved it.

i switched to a .070 for the F# but i'm finding it too thick has anyone had any luck with .064's or lighter
IBANEZDIEHARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #62
I am a meat popsicle

chimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to behold
Meant to check in this morning - got mine here Loving it so far. Can't understand why it shipped in E! But now it's up a whole tone and right as rain. Can't complain so far. Can only say I'll still keep my other Ibby's around for those strat-esque tones as the 2228 only has a 3 way. But nothing to gripe about. It's a beautiful guitar. Me and her are gunna get mighty close...

Chimp Spanner on teh webz:

Homepage
MySpace
Soundclick
My parents!

chimp_spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #63
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimp_spanner View Post
Can only say I'll still keep my other Ibby's around for those strat-esque tones as the 2228 only has a 3 way. But nothing to gripe about. It's a beautiful guitar. Me and her are gunna get mighty close...
Agreed... 1000%.

To EMG: 808TW... now!!!
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 04:49 AM   #64
ss.org Regular

Megahertz is on a distinguished road
Bought mine from Guitar Center in Las Vegas in November '07. Love it to death. Tuned it eaeadgbe to play both drop e and drop a.

But I need a wallmount for my guitar, regular wallmounts are too narrow. Anyone got any ideas where to get one that fits an eight-string?
Megahertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #65
Incognito Alchemist

Drage is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Now a proud owner of the RG2228!!!

Drage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #66
The Djentle Giant

muffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to beholdmuffgoat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahertz View Post
Bought mine from Guitar Center in Las Vegas in November '07. Love it to death. Tuned it eaeadgbe to play both drop e and drop a.

But I need a wallmount for my guitar, regular wallmounts are too narrow. Anyone got any ideas where to get one that fits an eight-string?
It can only really go in or out one way but my 2228 fits my wall hanger and its just a generic Dixon wood base one.
muffgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #67
ss.org Regular

blackcom will become famous soon enough
Finally I have one too! It's gonna be my main one, love it to death.
blackcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #68
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #69
Kenyon class of 2014

Dusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of light
I wish I was in this But unfortunately I only have about $400 bucks saved up and with my school plus after school stuff I can only work weekends...

Damn, after playing an 8 string my 6 just feels like a sin, way to thin and tiny. The LTD 8 (not the SC one) really handled nicely, and I can't wait to try the RG2228, as I like the shape and bolt on neck much more!

I will be in this... ONE DAY!!!
Dusty201087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 02:33 AM   #70
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
If you save up 125$ more you could get yourself an Agile 8 of the next batch (preorder for mid september)
Agile Intrepid Standard 8 Charcoal at HomeOld
Agile Intrepid Standard 8 Dark Burst at HomeOld

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #71
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty201087 View Post
I wish I was in this But unfortunately I only have about $400 bucks saved up and with my school plus after school stuff I can only work weekends...

Damn, after playing an 8 string my 6 just feels like a sin, way to thin and tiny. The LTD 8 (not the SC one) really handled nicely, and I can't wait to try the RG2228, as I like the shape and bolt on neck much more!

I will be in this... ONE DAY!!!
Don't give up...you'll get it!!!

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #72
WUUUUAAAAAAAAH!!!

gaunten is just really nicegaunten is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty201087 View Post
as I like the shape and bolt on neck much more!

"when your wife leaves you after 17 happy years, how do you know that a toaster is a toaster?"

www.myspace.com/scorneddisciple
www.myspace.com/nattsmyg
www.nattsmyg.com
gaunten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 04:46 AM   #73
I am a meat popsicle

chimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to beholdchimp_spanner is a splendid one to behold
Dusty, I feel your pain! I had to sit and just look at pictures and videos of other people playing them for so long before I got mine. The only thing I can say is...don't pin your musical happiness on the one guitar. I was so desperate to get mine that I was considering selling my 7's...I'm glad I didn't. The 8 string is great, no doubt. But it's just another tool to do a different job. My other guitars still have their place, as will yours.

School and weekend work are a bit sucky for ya, but just keep at it. It'll happen. In the meantime just keep enjoying music, enjoying the guitar you have, and WHEN you get your 8 it'll just be the icing on the cake

Chimp Spanner on teh webz:

Homepage
MySpace
Soundclick
My parents!

chimp_spanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #74
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So what are the serial numbers/region of the first few made?

I'm just curious as i bought mine 2nd hand and don't really know how early or late it is. I've had a few problems with the low F frettin out but ive changed it about a few times and its at least very playable now but not perfect.

Gaz

http://www.youtube.com/GazPots <--- Guitar vids.

www.soundclick.com/GazTop <--- Random Guitar tunes.
GazPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #75
Kenyon class of 2014

Dusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of lightDusty201087 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunten View Post
I like the heel of bolt on necks , I know I'm weird as hell.

Quote:
Dusty, I feel your pain! I had to sit and just look at pictures and videos of other people playing them for so long before I got mine. The only thing I can say is...don't pin your musical happiness on the one guitar. I was so desperate to get mine that I was considering selling my 7's...I'm glad I didn't. The 8 string is great, no doubt. But it's just another tool to do a different job. My other guitars still have their place, as will yours.

School and weekend work are a bit sucky for ya, but just keep at it. It'll happen. In the meantime just keep enjoying music, enjoying the guitar you have, and WHEN you get your 8 it'll just be the icing on the cake
Oh yeah man, I'm still loving my guitar! Although the pickups recently crapped out on me I'm still writing some stuff, I just really wish I could upgrade now, but it'll come and when it does I will destroy my Jazz band solos with super shredding speed haha
Dusty201087 is offline   Reply With Quote