homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #276
SS.org Regular

MatthewK is just really niceMatthewK is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just read on the ESP boards that the SC is 27"
MatthewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #277
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the headstock looks really nice for me too
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #278
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
Or Metal Ken could have his non-brutal high G and get the low A too
You're god damn right i will

A is plenty low for me.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #279
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
25.5" scale on an 8-string seems too short for doing low tunings. Maybe they're aiming it more at those that want to add an extra low and high string.

Then again, i was pleasantly surprised at the clarity of the 27" Ibanez 8, so maybe it'll work after all. I'm looking forward to seeing the final specs and pricing.

"FM" seems like an odd model designation. That type of body with that type of headstock would usually be an "H" type of guitar.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #280
LACS Lover

nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/nikt is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I prefer reverse for drop tunings. I would be pain in the as to find so long plain high string in poland :/
nikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #281
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewK View Post
I just read on the ESP boards that the SC is 27"
Link?

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #282
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
25,5" scale 8 string is just great idea for people who don't want going to low and want go little higher
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #283
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I just tuned my sixer to F# with a leftover .68 on it and it sounded fine to me, but I prefer the kind of flubbiness you get that way

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #284
Banned

I have no problem with plain steel strings for my 30" guitar - GHS are long enough, even crappy Presto are long enough You can also ask Polinski to make few for you. I always do that.
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #285
LOW AND SLOW

SHREDTOKILL is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HOLY SHIT!
SHREDTOKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #286
SS.org Regular

MatthewK is just really niceMatthewK is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by yevetz View Post
Link?
"It's no surprise that long-time ESP endorsee Stef Carpenter (Deftones), well-known for his custom 7-string models, has moved on to new 8-string customs. The new ESP STEF-B8 and LTD SC-608B are new neck-through-body 8-string baritone guitars with a 27" scale."

Myspace.com Blogs - ESP ANNOUNCES NEW 2008 MODELS - ESP Guitars MySpace Blog
MatthewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #287
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
PIZDETZ......

Sorry for my english
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #288
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
Damn! Screw that! Screw thin strings! If the SC608B is cheap enough I'm getting one I don't care, I'll put a .085 on

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #289
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewK View Post
"It's no surprise that long-time ESP endorsee Stef Carpenter (Deftones), well-known for his custom 7-string models, has moved on to new 8-string customs. The new ESP STEF-B8 and LTD SC-608B are new neck-through-body 8-string baritone guitars with a 27" scale."

Myspace.com Blogs - ESP ANNOUNCES NEW 2008 MODELS - ESP Guitars MySpace Blog
Thanks

Sorry for my english
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #290
SS.org Regular

ledzep4eva is a jewel in the rough
There really isn't anything wrong with 27" for an F#. Anyone who needs more obvoiusly doesn't intend to ever play any lead on it
ledzep4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #291
Bowes Guitars

canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
25.5" scale 8 string? haha, yes \m/
My 8 is actually 25.5 - I've used both the low f# (floppy but usable) and a high A on it. If i do another one, i'll probably fan it.

ESP probably saw the chance to put out reasonably priced 8's for a multitude of users. Almost anyone who thinks of ESP 7's usually thinks of the SC's or the runs of H307/H207's. Jazz players looking for an affordable 8 probably got their wish with the 25.5 scale H series, and the metal players got their baritone 8 with the SC series. Considering the price points speculated on both of the LTD models, ESP has made a brilliant marketing move. Now, if they offer them in something other than black, that would be super awesome instead of just awesome.

I didn't read thru the entire thread, but here's the scale lengths in stone from ESP's page.

"The new ESP STEF-B8 and LTD SC-608B are new neck-through-body 8-string baritone guitars with a 27" scale."
"A brand new addition to the line, the LTD FM-408, is a unique standard-scale 8-string guitar model...."
canuck brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #292
shrent? shrent.

Kronpox is a glorious beacon of lightKronpox is a glorious beacon of lightKronpox is a glorious beacon of light
Dear ESP,

Thanks for making me poor. Again.

Sincerely, Dave.

No really I am ordering the 608b as soon as it's available, it'll be like the big brother of my 607b
Kronpox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #293
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The weird thing is, why is there a FM-408, but not a FM-407?

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #294
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakeido View Post
The weird thing is, why is there a FM-408, but not a FM-407?
these are the questions I ask

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #295
The Flip-Flopper

Codyyy is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Codyyy is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Codyyy is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Codyyy is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Codyyy is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Codyyy is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Codyyy is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Meh, if I get an 8 before a 7, I will explode. Bring on the 7's.

Schecter Loomis-7 TOM
Codyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #296
Manager / RHLC

skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't give a ...., this assholes are going to charge tons of money for that shit.

Back to da 'hood (sevenstring.org)
skinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #297
Guns N Guitars

Zoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to all
I have a question, how long until these guitars are on the market, after they are announced at Namm?
Zoltta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #298
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
6 month, maybe more

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #299
Guns N Guitars

Zoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to allZoltta is a name known to all
Ah ok, thats good, casue .... me if it was any sooner id have to sell either my Ibby 8 or my 607 to get the 608. Or keep them all and sell my soul, which i doubt is even enough for this thing i bet
Zoltta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #300
AB-3500

slake moth is on a distinguished road
bleah. My MF discount letter will have expired by then.
slake moth is offline   Reply With Quote