homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Interest in a 2228 pickguard?

I'm having my tech Mark build a pickguard for my 2228 that will accept passive pickups. It will be hella expensive (for a pickguard) for the first go-round, so Mark suggested that I get the word out and help in selling a few more and he'd cut me a deal on mine =D.

So, I'm looking to guage interest in a 2228 pickguard. For those interested, Mark is the one who did the neck reshaping, refinish, and fret job on the Sexxxiverse, he's very capable.

Don't know if this belongs in a dealers section or what, as I'm not personally making any money, I just thought that since people are looking for a place to pick these up I'd help out
Konfyouzd likes this.

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

Most women just pretend that Men are the crazy ones. trust me. But when the new Dark Age arrives and they need food and shelter they will be lining up to lay down and please for a handful of blackberries and a deer skin hat. Good luck with you both and remember "it's 187 on an undercover cop" - Some Guy on Facebook
glassmoon0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not interested, but this sounds cool. How bout a free bump?
Purelojik likes this.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Why would it be that expensive?

You can just trace a 7 string pick guard, widen it by a few mm and cut it out from a sheet of thin plastic.

DIY unless your getting some complex material.

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
^sound's simple, but it also usually LOOKS like it was made at home. If it isn't done right it doesn't feel right, and I'm honestly not interested in something that looks unprofessional, so Mark will be making the template from the bottom up using an Ibby pickguard and his own skill. His work is phenominal so I don't mind paying for his time, but only the first one will cost. The rest should be right around what you'd expect to pay for a custom PG.

It'd probably be easier to get on board when you all see the product, and mine should be coming down the pipe in less than a month, so I'll post pics when its up. Till then, I'd just like to know if it's worth talking about making more after. Mine will be white perloid/black/white for the time being, but I'm also accepting ideas that would go well with the Galaxy Black

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

Most women just pretend that Men are the crazy ones. trust me. But when the new Dark Age arrives and they need food and shelter they will be lining up to lay down and please for a handful of blackberries and a deer skin hat. Good luck with you both and remember "it's 187 on an undercover cop" - Some Guy on Facebook
Unread 07-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Makes me wish I had a 2228 and not an RGA8...

Unread 07-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Some Say...

Hardware and dimensions should be pretty much the same, save for the radius'd top, but they make material for that anyway =)

Unread 07-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
Dread-I Master

You can put a PG on the RGA?!

Unread 07-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Some Say...

why couldn't you?

Unread 07-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
ss.org Regular

Wolf 6 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Because round =/= flat???
HeHasTheJazzHands likes this.

Guitars: Fender FSR Swirl HSS Strat
1992 Ibanez RG560CA with SD Invader
2002 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow blackburst
Ibanez RG8 w/ Nazgul bridge
Ibanez RG550
Washburn KC-70v
Godin SD24
Ibanez RG7321
Takamine G124
Ibanez RG-HRG1 w/ EMG 81/85
Squier Stagemaster-7
Wolf 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
Some Say...

^already mentioned they make materials for radiused tops, guy. look at the Universe.
Jarabowa and Konfyouzd like this.

Unread 07-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
ss.org Regular

Universes are flat?

2002 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Ibanez RG550
Washburn KC-70v
Godin SD24
Ibanez RG7321
Takamine G124
Squier Stagemaster-7
Unread 07-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
Some Say...

No, they have a shaped top, like the RGA8.

Unread 07-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #13
ss.org Regular

....The pickguard doesn't reached the arm contour?????

2002 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Ibanez RG550
Washburn KC-70v
Godin SD24
Ibanez RG7321
Takamine G124
Squier Stagemaster-7
Unread 07-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #14
Some Say...

WAT

Unread 07-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #15
Is A Complete Idiot.

GazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud ofGazPots has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You mention to they do stuff for radiused tops yet say look at the universe as an example. It's a flat top save for the arm contour. The pickguard on that is also flat.

Confusion much?

http://www.youtube.com/GazPots <--- Guitar vids.

www.soundclick.com/GazTop <--- Random Guitar tunes.
GazPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #16
Some Say...

Yeah, I was a bit confused since I somehow thought the last uni I played was slightly radius'd. It wasn't . But StewMac does sell materials to make pickguards for radius'd guitars, though I have no experience. When it comes down to it, Mark would know what to do. I'm sure that before we attempt to put a PG on an RGA8 we'd want to check how it fits that lower horn, but I don't see it being much of a problem for him.
GazPots likes this.

Unread 07-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #17
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Cool, post pics !

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #18
Δ

AugmentedFourth is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 6 View Post
Universes are flat?
Theoretical physics reference.

Subtle.
AugmentedFourth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #19
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Not sure what some of yall are smokin, but yes, you can put a pickgaurd on rounded/carved tops...

that said, its ....ing plastic, not some super brittle material that breaks on first sign of flexing lol.
Metal_Webb likes this.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #20
(((Ω)))

simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.
Curious to see how this will turn out. My go-to luthier just built a custom H-H pickguard for my RG550 a while a go and it came out awesome.
simonXsludge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
ss.org Regular

The part where the pickguard goes is flat...... .... it. no more argueing.

2002 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Ibanez RG550
Washburn KC-70v
Godin SD24
Ibanez RG7321
Takamine G124
Squier Stagemaster-7
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #22
Some Say...

^not on the RGA8...just sayin

Unread 07-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Wish I had a 2228 to get in on this...

Mind you I'd want a refin first, and we're getting pricey.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #24
ss.org Regular

Illogium is a jewel in the rough
Does anyone have a template for the pickguard?
Illogium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #25
Some Say...

I scraped my own project when I realized that Pickguard Paradise is already making 2228 pickguards Contact them, they can probably help you out