homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

View Poll Results: Should I continue on this litle project?
Yes, and add more string brands and stuffs. 20 100.00%
No, it's fine as it is, and who cares about CK Strings anyway? 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Ishan
  • 2 Post By peagull
  • 1 Post By Konfyouzd
  • 1 Post By peagull
  • 1 Post By Ishan
  • 1 Post By Konfyouzd
  • 2 Post By WiseSplinter
  • 1 Post By Ishan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb Circle K Strings tension calculator v0.1.5 (no kidding :D )

Hey guys
I'm posting this in ERG because I think it's related but feel free to move it

I've been working on and off on this little thing, it was fun to do and made me practice my Java skills at the same time

It's a string tension calculator for Circle K Strings based on the mighty one @ Bang Zero that everyone and their dog use.
I was interested in Circle K Strings and wanted something more accurate that something using D'Addario's string weight data. So here it is
I might work on this some more to make it a standalone java app... or not.

Usage : unzip in a directory then launch stringtension.htm

Edit: Deleted this version as I've posted a better one here
Zeno likes this.

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
Urwało mi dupę

peagull is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know how sad this sounds, but I can't wait to get home from work and have a fiddle with this

I've just ordered some Circle K strings and while I hear nothing but good things about them, and they were the only company who actually gave me useful advice. Being in the UK it's not always going to be practical to order strings from them.

Other brands would be amazing, however, Mad props regardless.
Hollowway and Konfyouzd like this.
peagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
On adding other brands, I could add D'addario back easily but other brands are tricky. I need weight data like D'addario and CKS provide.
If anyone have datas for LaBella and Elixir (or any other brands) I'm interested

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Unread 07-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
Disciple of Djod

Vostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to allVostre Roy is a name known to all
I approve of this little thing.

"Solid-state - A component that has been specifically designed to make a guitar amplifier sound bad. Compared to tubes, these devices can have a very long lifespan, which guarantees that your amplifier will retain it's thin, lifeless, and buzzy sound for a long time to come."

ABSURD APOSTLE OF DJOD
Vostre Roy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by peagull View Post
I know how sad this sounds, but I can't wait to get home from work and have a fiddle with this

I've just ordered some Circle K strings and while I hear nothing but good things about them, and they were the only company who actually gave me useful advice. Being in the UK it's not always going to be practical to order strings from them.

Other brands would be amazing, however, Mad props regardless.
No sadder than me ignoring my work to fiddle with it now...
peagull likes this.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
Urwało mi dupę

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfyouzd View Post
No sadder than me ignoring my work to fiddle with it now...
I have to be honest, it's only due to the fact it wont run on the computer system at work
Konfyouzd likes this.
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyone

Unread 07-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
Giant Fridge Magnet

I'm in the process to converting this applet into a stand alone app (i.e.: no more htm launcher). Do you guys think it's a good idea?
I'll add D'adddario strings back after I'm finished with this.
Maggai likes this.

Unread 07-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
Dread-I Master

Um... Standalone app + D'Addario = YESSIR
peagull likes this.

Unread 07-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
Urwało mi dupę

^ This
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #11
Slayer of the gods

Maggai is a jewel in the rough
Agreed, great idea!
Maggai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

WiseSplinter is just really niceWiseSplinter is just really nice
Ah sweet, thanks for including the source!
Fortunately for me my work pc is the perfect place to fiddle
Konfyouzd and peagull like this.
WiseSplinter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #13
Giant Fridge Magnet

0.1.6 is almost ready, what's done :
- Move from Applet to Stand alone (jar format)
- slight code clean up (removed deprecated stuffs, now compile without warning on Java 6)
- Move code to NetBeans (easier build management)
- D'addario's weight data moved back in YAY!

Gotta clean up documentation and upload. I'll post a new thread because it's no longer a CKS hack and aim at something more universal.

Unread 07-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
Dread-I Master

I might start using NetBeans. Eclipse and MyEclipse piss me sometimes.

Unread 07-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
Giant Fridge Magnet

You should, it's great
Konfyouzd likes this.

Unread 07-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Haven't tried it yet but cool! Definitely add CK yeah - currently I got through the process of using Bangzero to convert their 34" tensions to various things first haha.
Or I just use this, which is pretty useful because of different unit weights and stuff (bass strings for example) String Tension
Maybe it already does - I'll see when I try - but it would be cool if your calculator had a place to put in your own unit weight
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #17
Giant Fridge Magnet

STC cover both bass and guitar strings, just use the correct type