homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Explorer
  • 1 Post By technomancer

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

b10110 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question for the community...

Last night I posted the info about AAL's gear getting stolen. This was at the behest of the band to share it in all of the places/forums we frequent. And there were no other posts about it on this forum.
The first reply was that it was "covered in the music thread, bro."
The thread was then locked. Since this is a community that I am new to, I'm curious why the mods behave as such.
I have never been to the music thread, bro. I only come to this particular forum and I would assume there are many people who do the same.
AAL's gear gets lifted and a notice about it gets locked because you covered it in some other forum that many of us do not frequent? Just because you spend your time there doesn't mean everyone does.
Do you want the Strand, Regiuses and Toone to get home or not? Locking the thread prevented the info from getting as wide of an exposure as it could have and that does not help Tosin or Javier get back their gear.
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Teh 7 djentahh

NUTSguitarchannel is a jewel in the rough
You should let tosin post a vid on youtube too
BTW tosin has a regius?

"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny."
-
Frank Zappa

''Baritone is the way to got.''
-
rgk7
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTSguitarchannel View Post
BTW tosin has a regius?
Two were stolen.
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

The Grief Hole is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The reply meant that a thread had already been opened about the subject in the general music discussion - part of the forum - about 3 clicks up from the extended range subject.

I should think the mods closed the thread in extended range because it was felt there was no need to have two threads on the same subject.

What doesn't kill you just really, really hurts you.
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
Has anyone else noticed that when someone complains about how the rules are set up (no spamming across forums, certain amount of participation before posting classifieds, crying about rep), they always seem to be barely invested in being part of the community?

It's like when some guy goes into one of my local music stores and tries to get a discount because he claims to shop there all the time, when the rest of us who *are* there all the time have never laid eyes on him. "Here's why the rules should be bent for me, even though I don't really hang out here!" *chuckle*

I also like that when someone let the OP know that there was already a topic, that just wasn't right in the OP's eyes. *laugh*
Metal_Webb likes this.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
I also like that when someone let the OP know that there was already a topic, that just wasn't right in the OP's eyes. *laugh*
My point is that many of us do not frequent the music forum and this is a forum where AAL has many fans.
I apologize for making you think that I had an insincere interest in the issue.
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.Explorer is the epitome of metal.
I just found it interesting that you called out the mods, probably because you weren't aware of the rules (no spamming, no calling out the mods), and that your post asking about moderating was thought to pertain to the ERG forum.

I appreciate that you might not want to participate in the other areas of SS.org, for whatever reason.

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about."

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Unread 06-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
THE. DEAD. SEASON.

FireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to allFireInside is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by b10110 View Post
My point is that many of us do not frequent the music forum and this is a forum where AAL has many fans.
I apologize for making you think that I had an insincere interest in the issue.
We all understand what you are saying and I commend you on your good intentions. I strongly suggest when viewing the forums you use the "new posts" feature above. This way you can view all of the forums at once. Also, do not question anything pertaining to the mod's actions. They do not .... around here and they will straight up ban you. This forum is not like any other forums. The mods are very active here and spend a lot of time policing threads. Welcome to the forum bro.

Six's:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
ESP LTD EC-1000 - EMG 81/81
Fender Strat - Duncan Blackout/Mick Thompson Blackout, tricked out.

Seven's:
Ibanez RG7321 - Blaze/Jazz w/Blackouts Modular Preamp.
ESP LTD M-107 tricked out.

ERG's:
ESP LTD VB-400 Viper Baritone - Blackout/EMG 85
Ibanez RGA8 - D Activator 8's
Ibanez RG8

Amp stuff:
Axe FX Ultra
Mesa Oversized 4x12
Line 6 Vetta HD
Framus Dragon 4x12

Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass - EMG's
Schecter Elite 4 Bass - EMG/BQC Control.
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Assman McTrollster

axxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to all
I don't see the issue... you clicked the thread here. Read that there is already an open discussion about it in the Music forum. It's seriously that difficult to go to the other thread and read/join that discussion?

The WIP Thread
Give feedback to others, and get some in return on your works in progress!

musical exploration - Check out my site.
check it out! [ SoundCloud ] [ YouTube Channel ][ Instagram ]

Looking for great strings for your ERG?
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sig...pic36618_2.gif
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
ss.org Regular

AAL are really, really good guys and they have been facing a lot of BS lately. I didn't realize my post would be considered spamming in any way.
The thing is, though they have access to a lot of great guitars and gear through endorsements, ambassadorships and placements they are not exactly making bank. They are living and working only slightly above the level of you guys who are working regionals.
Tosin has been very good to the nascent ERG community and it sucks they got screwed over like this (wait til the whole saga comes out) so I apologize again for violating the community rules.
My schedule prevents me from spending a lot of time hanging out and posting and as such I don't have the working knowledge of the rules you guys adhere to. I just assumed a hit of this nature to fellow working musician would warrant an "all hands".
My bad.
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxessdenied View Post
I don't see the issue... you clicked the thread here. Read that there is already an open discussion about it in the Music forum. It's seriously that difficult to go to the other thread and read/join that discussion?
My question was why lock the thread, which buries it. Redirecting to the active discussion is great, but locking the thread means that those who don't visit any other forum could be totally unaware of the other discussion or issue at all.
Again, this isn't my forum, and however the mods run it is their business I just wanted to bring my concerns to light.
Not trying to intrude or cause problems.
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
Assman McTrollster

axxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to allaxxessdenied is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by b10110 View Post
My question was why lock the thread, which buries it. Redirecting to the active discussion is great, but locking the thread means that those who don't visit any other forum could be totally unaware of the other discussion or issue at all.
Again, this isn't my forum, and however the mods run it is their business I just wanted to bring my concerns to light.
Not trying to intrude or cause problems.
Because there are forum rules. And, we abide by them no matter what. It keeps things running smoothly.

The WIP Thread
Give feedback to others, and get some in return on your works in progress!

musical exploration - Check out my site.
check it out! [ SoundCloud ] [ YouTube Channel ][ Instagram ]

Looking for great strings for your ERG?
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sig...pic36618_2.gif
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Banned

bob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to beholdbob123 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This REALLY sounds like you should have PMed the mod in question, and asked them to understand your concerns. While valid, you're going about this completely wrong.

Let the mods do their job. You have 9 posts. Just because YOU are "here all the time" (clearly not...) doesn't mean you get to speak for the rest of the community either.

That said, stolen gear happens. If they don't have insurance to get replacements, then they are dumb. I fully understand the sentiments of your guitars, but its not like someone died either, we don't need your holy crusade to get them back. Most likely they are never going to be sold or show up again due to their high profile. All we can hope for is these guys have a conscience and return them someday.
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
The thread was locked because there is already a sticky for the stolen gear in the General Music section of the site.
Bigfan likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Closed Thread