homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sevenstringj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
My name is Sam Bell

Zamm Bell is a glorious beacon of lightZamm Bell is a glorious beacon of lightZamm Bell is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ESP LTD H-308 Demo

Zamm Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #2

sevenstringj is a glorious beacon of lightsevenstringj is a glorious beacon of lightsevenstringj is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I scrolled down thinking there was a second video, until I realized it was an ss.org ad...

LOLWTF!?

Anyway, that was a great demo. Wish his H-208 demo were as good.

Interesting, seems he installed a string tree.
kylendm likes this.
sevenstringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

stuglue is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I also posted this link and the one to the 208 review in the ESP neck thread
stuglue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
ss.org Regular

halogen8 has a spectacular aura about
Great video and playing! I really dig the sound you are getting from it going through that Engl. This is exactly the type of sound I'm trying to get out of my H308.

I'm using a Pod HD 500 and finally starting to dial in a tone I like on it. I use mostly the "Treadplate" amp which is a Mesa Boogie sim, but I believe the Angel amp is modeled after an Engl so I'll have to play around with that one some more to see if I can get a tone closer to what you are getting.

One question for you Sam - what is the black band you have going over the neck just behind the nut? Is that something you use to mute the strings? I've seen this done before but could never figure out what it's used for.
halogen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
The White-Knuckler

Philligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I think this is the first 8 string demo I've seen by a company/music store that's not just classic rock/nu metal riffs an octave lower. I like it great playing, too.

My Flickr.

"it blowed the emg's in the dirt" - De Vries

"Richlite is to Paper Mache as Carbon Composite is to charcoal briquettes." - Max
Philligan is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
My name is Sam Bell

Zamm Bell is a glorious beacon of lightZamm Bell is a glorious beacon of lightZamm Bell is a glorious beacon of light
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogen8 View Post

One question for you Sam - what is the black band you have going over the neck just behind the nut? Is that something you use to mute the strings? I've seen this done before but could never figure out what it's used for.

Hey man! Sorry for the late reply, its used to cancel out any ringing behind the nut, as the strings go so low in pitch the body shakes more, you get a little ringing out when you're doing stop start stuff, which especially shows up when recording, and can be annoying. It doesn't mute the strings at all, it doesn't effect any open strings ringing out.

I think there is a better, more scientific explanation for why the ringing happens, but there are a lot of guitarists who do it!

Hope this helps dude
Zamm Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

bouVIP is a splendid one to beholdbouVIP is a splendid one to beholdbouVIP is a splendid one to beholdbouVIP is a splendid one to beholdbouVIP is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
God watching this makes me want 1 so bad! Might have to get this instead of another 6 string
bouVIP is online now   Reply With Quote