homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree911Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #626
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brector View Post
I put it in my cart and chickened out lol

-Brian
Me too

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #627
Student

SeductionS is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Let's hope
SeductionS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #628
Lefty

Phrygian is just really nicePhrygian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
You have no idea how tempted I am to attempt ordering it, lol. I have the money to try, lol.
Haha, tempting! Worst case scenario is you Get refunded the 599.99$ when they realise their mistake.

My Delirium

Gear:
]
FOR SALE -Carvin DC800

Mayones Regius 7
Axe FX II
Matrix gt1000fx
Zilla super fatboy 2x12
Phrygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #629
Looking to windward

Greatoliver is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
But you're only saving $2000!

Also, 26 pages about one guitar is amazing - only on ss.org

Alberto7 and thatguy5557123 like this.

Losing sleep at Cambridge uni
Greatoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #630
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
wow holy crap, i wonder if it falls under one of those legal issues of paying for what was advertised lol, although this isn't walmart and this is an immensely huge mistake price wise, still i wonder if you pay in full and they renege you could take it to court. although that would def be a massively epic dick move on anyone's part lol

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #631
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Can no one scroll down a little?

Quote:
Product specs and prices subject to change without notice.
Not responsible for typographical or pricing errors.
Matt's Music. All Rights Reserved.
WillDfx likes this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #632
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post

CLEARLY I CAN'T!

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #633
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
MaxOfParadeRainer >:|
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #634
Jellytron

wootsmitty is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats sick. So simple....eyeraping.

FAFOUT
wootsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #635
ss.org Regular

Xplora is on a distinguished road
I'm confused. Was that 6000US?

Sorry Fred, sorry Marten... your guitar isn't worth the money.... unless that is Meshuggah's personal guitar? Even then, the collectability isn't that high....
Xplora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #636
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplora View Post

Sorry Fred, sorry Marten... your guitar isn't worth the money.... unless that is Meshuggah's personal guitar? Even then, the collectability isn't that high....
what a fresh new opinion on this guitar.

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #637
Formerly Lern2Swim

Ben.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashmanzac View Post
what a fresh new opinion on this guitar.
What a fresh, new reply to an opinion on this guitar.
Ben.Last is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #638
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
What a fresh comeback.

So anyone have any videos yet?
Thrashmanzac and Erazoender like this.
Unread 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #639

leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.leonardo7 shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
These haven't shipped yet. I heard that the first ones go out in May and the rest in June. I cant wait to get mine. I feel like its totally gonna be worth every penny for the quality and scale length alone. The tone on these things is going to be uncanny! Im only paying $1400 more for mine that it would cost to get an ESP Stef B-8. Its expensive and yeah im totally gonna have to sell a couple guitars I dont want to sell but theres really nothing else out there available with the quality and specs provided. Most companies wont even make a 29.4" scale guitar, and definitely not by May or June!
leonardo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #640

Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Armada View Post
Meshuggah should GIVE one to that guy that did the full cover of Catch 33.
That guy is me. But I would just sell the thing. 7 strings for me.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #641
Banned

Wtf tiger i havent seen you post in a while 0_o
glassmoon0fo likes this.
Unread 04-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #642

Tiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud ofTiger has much to be proud of
Yea man, I havent had a life since I joined the military. I just did 8 and a half semesters of russian in 11 months at DLI as part of my contract, Ive had no soul. I played a guitar once in the last year and a half, but my new agile and studio set up is changing that fast.
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #643
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Yea man, I havent had a life since I joined the military. I just did 8 and a half semesters of russian in 11 months at DLI as part of my contract, Ive had no soul. I played a guitar once in the last year and a half, but my new agile and studio set up is changing that fast.
Oh ok good to hear, I left you a visitor message a few months ago wondering if you were even still alive but no response
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #644

Haha I see that Ive got a few notifications flashing. Things are good man, Ive got a daughter on the way and lets just say Im getting exactly what I wanted out of the Navy.
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #645
AVH
avhguitarrepair.com

AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.
I wonder when (or if) Ibanez will ever correct the 29.4" scale typo...
AVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #646
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendroaspis View Post
I wonder when (or if) Ibanez will ever correct the 29.4" scale typo...
Are they also using a different way of measuring it for these guitars? from strings exiting the nut to the 12th fret X2 VS all the way to the furthest intonation point (30.5"?). i assume the standard 25.5" scale is measured using the first method then, and that you can intonate the strings further out?

I mean, if you have an inch of intonation space then obviously 30.5" is doable to make out the last measurement.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #647
AVH
avhguitarrepair.com

AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
Are they also using a different way of measuring it for these guitars? from strings exiting the nut to the 12th fret X2 VS all the way to the furthest intonation point (30.5"?). i assume the standard 25.5" scale is measured using the first method then, and that you can intonate the strings further out?

I mean, if you have an inch of intonation space then obviously 30.5" is doable to make out the last measurement.
The "scale length" is going to be dictated by the fret placement measurements (and vice-verse), not necessarily by where the saddles are, as they will change (intonate) under different tunings and gauges.

So..to reiterate again from my article: The scale length is determined by the measurement from the upper terminal end of the string's vibration point (where the string meets at the nut) to the center of the 12th fret (1st octave) - and then doubling that measurement. In this case, and as with most of the LACS customs (incl. the new M8M signature's) it measures as 37.5 cm X 2 = 75 cm, or exactly 29.52750" scale to be precise. Which can be rounded off to calling it basically 29.5 - not 29.4", if we really want to be anal about it...but close enough though

And that, when using this measurement method, is what your actual "scale length" is.
Rorschach likes this.
AVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #648
SS.org Regular

Monk is a splendid one to beholdMonk is a splendid one to beholdMonk is a splendid one to beholdMonk is a splendid one to beholdMonk is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplora View Post

My $0.02: Based on my discussions with some of the guys at Hoshino USA, there are 2 main reasons why the M8M is being made by Sugi Guitars: 1) the guys wanted a faithful re-creation of their LACS instrument, 2) the demand isn't expected to be high enough to warrant a full on Fujigen production run. From what I've read in the Ibanez Untold Story book, Fujigen is all about quality while being cost-effective. An 8-string, neck-thru, 29.5 inch scale guitar with a transparent finish is not cost-effective. I would imagine that Ibanez would have to make and sell hundreds of these guitars to turn any sort of profit. By going with Sugi, Ibanez can insure that they make a profit on each instrument while staying true to the LACS design. If you really want one, there it is. If not, no sweat off Ibanez's back. Also, by making each guitar as it's ordered, Ibanez can rest assured that these guitars won't end up sitting unsold at a warehouse to be sold at a lower price, which is a smart move from a business standpoint.
EOT and xCaptainx like this.
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #649
SS.org Regular

Monk is a splendid one to beholdMonk is a splendid one to beholdMonk is a splendid one to beholdMonk is a splendid one to beholdMonk is a splendid one to behold
New pics from J-Guitar.com:

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #650
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
Looks pretty flawless. I diggggg.
Can't wait to see some more hate on this,
I love laughing at these goons

ROAR is online now   Reply With Quote