homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #26
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's a really clean looking guitar. Awesome axe, man.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-28-2011, 03:09 AM   #27
SS.orgLocalArchitect

crg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spattergrind View Post
I've wanted a white septor 8 ever since crg123's NGD

how does the neck feel guys?

comparable to ibanez rg2228?.....thin and not too bulky.
Thanks man!! The neck feels great, mine is a slim D-shape neck-thru, I'm not sure what his bolt on feels like (I love the way it looks btw) but my neck is super thin. It reminds me of a 8 string version of my friends Ibanez prestige RG3120 (prolly alittle bit bigger, but no where near as big as a Schecter 8 neck). I switched from a 6 to an 8 string and the neck was so thin that it really wasn't that hard of a transfer, I just had to switch the way I held the guitar to have the thumb more towards the center of the neck. I was use to my old PRS copy large C shape (baseball bat neck). But yea sick guitar I recommend it. You can even get the same guitar as me GASP* Agile Septor Elite 827 EB DNC White (September 2011) at RondoMusic.com I don't normally like actives but the SD blackouts are sick, Although it would be cool to stick some BKPs in this bad boy!

Those are some sick outdoor pics btw! I can't wait to see what those D-Activators look/sound like in it. Be sure to post the update!

Edit: so how bad is it that after looking at your guitar with the maple neck and passives I really want to buy this http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro827rnocean.html and us it as a BEADGBEA guitar with BKP's >.< thanks for the GAS man, I can't budget this!! haha. Oh well maybe someday...
crg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #28
SS.org Regular

Levi79 is a glorious beacon of lightLevi79 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
^ I'd take that one over my white one for sure. That is my favorite Agile finish. That and the quilt purple.
Unfortunately I've decided against getting the D-Activators for now. I've decided that the $300 I have leftover (since I got this so insanely cheap!) should go towards my RG7421 and RG7420 projects that have both just been sitting there for 4 months.

And for the record, this neck is really quite thin. It's hard to compare since its so wide, but it's definitely not thick. I'd say it's pretty close to an Ibanez profile. I played and RGA8 probably 5 months back before I even seriously thought about getting an 8 and although it was a long time ago, I don't remember the profile being much different from this Agile. If your worried about the neck being thick, you have nothing to worry about.
Levi79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #29
Totally Random

JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
This white is seksy!!!

Beautiful guitar!! Gratz.
JPMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #30
SS.orgLocalArchitect

crg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to all
http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro827rnocean.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi79 View Post
^ I'd take that one over my white one for sure. That is my favorite Agile finish. That and the quilt purple.
haha I just showed my friend the guitar. He's been waiting on a custom 10 string, and the date keeps getting pushed back, so he's going to buy that one in the mean time. He might even end up selling it in a few months depending on how much he uses it after he gets the 10 string.
Unread 08-29-2011, 12:27 AM   #31
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crg123 View Post
Agile Septor 827 RN Ocrean Burst at RondoMusic.com

haha I just showed my friend the guitar. He's been waiting on a custom 10 string, and the date keeps getting pushed back, so he's going to buy that one in the mean time. He might even end up selling it in a few months depending on how much he uses it after he gets the 10 string.
I call first dibs! Seriously man, if he sells it shoot me a PM. I looove that finish in the pictures so it must be jaw dropping in person. If I were to buy a brand new Agile 8 it probably would have been that exact one. I got a deal on this one that I couldn't let go. I also have a thing for white guitars and didn't have anything white before this.
Unread 08-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #32
SS.orgLocalArchitect

^ kk you'll be the first to know if/when he sells it, he's not definitely going to though haha.
Unread 08-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #33
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
So is the Septor the only one they do the inline 8 headstock on? I kinda like it actually even thought most people say inline 8 headstock look too long.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #34
SS.orgLocalArchitect

^ psh too long... it looks like a f**king spear. I love it . Too long is this haha http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gUMCPoM9gk..._SandersLG.jpg b
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #35
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crg123 View Post
^ psh too long... it looks like a f**king spear. I love it . Too long is this haha http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gUMCPoM9gk..._SandersLG.jpg b

Every time I see that headstock I think DAYUM!

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #36
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
That's not a headstock, this is a headstock:

Yeah!
crg123 likes this.
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #37
ss.org Regular

Perplexed-Perception is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
for my 28 intrepid i get away with pretty thin gauges 9's then a 52 on the seventh then im thinking about an 80 for the low D# the rest of the guitar is tuned to G# dadgad style
Perplexed-Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #38
SS.org Regular

52? Damn man. I just made a string order last night (Shit gets expensive!) and got the D'Addario 10-59 set with an 80 for the bottom. One .80 was almost $5!
A 52 would be way too floppy for me.