homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
SS.orgLocalArchitect

crg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
NGD Agile Septor 827 White

WOW this thing is awesome, My first ERG and I couldnt be happier, there are a few super tiny imperfections in the paint job. The only reason I think they're even noticeable is because it's white. Its really weird getting use to the no fretmarkers and the huge neck on it but the shape of the neck (thin D?) really helps. It was alittle out of tune when I got it (obviously) but once i tuned it up the intonation was perfect. The pickups sound good, its weird getting use to actives, since I always use Dimarzio passives. Any suggestions for a better active tone ? The string action is great, although maybe alittle too low they have alittle bit of a percussive sound when I play, but thats minor and seems fixable. Over all I'm super happy with my purchase! Check it out guys, let me know what you think!

Here's a direct link the images don't seem to be loading even though i use the [ I M G ] [ /I M G ] format (no spaces of course)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6011799...7626812568322/
Psycroptica and VILARIKA like this.
crg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

Erick Kroenen is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the url is not giving the address of the picture!

Cool i have the 7 string version of that one..

XEN-HDC8
Erick Kroenen is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
SS.orgLocalArchitect

crg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to allcrg123 is a name known to all
does flickr not work with ss.org? I really wanna show this beauty off! What site should I use to show them on here?
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #4
(((Ω)))

simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.simonXsludge is his own personal hero.

great catch, dude. this thing just looks right! happy NGD!
Xiphos68, crg123 and kge808 like this.
simonXsludge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That thing is the sex, man I love white guitars.
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #6
djentleman

orakle is a jewel in the rough
first agile 8 i would consider buying ;D
orakle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
Smeller of Smells

SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.SenorDingDong is pretty damn metal.
SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

shredguitar7 is just really niceshredguitar7 is just really nice
how is the action on this thing. my first and only agile 8 is my ocean burst intrepid.. and after a good bit of tweaking it plays nice. but not great. fret buzz here and their. the fret job on mine atleast was pretty crappy, it was an early run, wasnt the best. so im just wondering if these are better now. because im seriously going to get one of these white 8's. ....ing classy as shit.

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight i'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
shredguitar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
Zei
SS.org Regular

Zei will become famous soon enough
Not gonna lie, this is the guitar that made me want a white 8.

http://soundcloud.com/nicholas-nicoletti

Check out my stuff? You won't regret it.
Zei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

geofreesun is just really nicegeofreesun is just really nice
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
damn i was not really a fan for white guitars but this one, this one makes me drooool!!!
geofreesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #11
SS.orgLocalArchitect

Thanks guys! I'm super excited about this guitar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredguitar7 View Post
how is the action on this thing. my first and only agile 8 is my ocean burst intrepid.. and after a good bit of tweaking it plays nice. but not great. fret buzz here and their. the fret job on mine atleast was pretty crappy, it was an early run, wasnt the best. so im just wondering if these are better now. because im seriously going to get one of these white 8's. ....ing classy as shit.
The action is really low and the neck is straight as an arrow. I don't see any issues with the frets, but the strings do tend to buzz alittle bit, especially on the lower ones, but its not super noticeable. Nothing a quick adjustment wouldn't fix! I wish the strings were alot heavier of a gauge but then again I use to use .060 to .012's on my drop C 6 string haha. I think its a great buy the neck is very different from any guitar i've ever had its a wide/flat D shape, so it only curves near the edges, and its pretty thin for a 8 ( its thinner then my PRS copy!). The fretboard is super wide, but I guess thats to be expected, I just wish the strings were alittle closer together. Even though the fretboard is wide, its still thin enough for me to pretty much wrap my whole hand around it (With thumb on Octave E).
It's going to take awhile to get use to the no frets and longer scale, but I'm sure it'll be a fun learning process.

If any one has any other questions about it I'd be happy to answer
Unread 05-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
Mentally Guitarded

Galius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sigh.....I want one of these ones so bad. Ill trade you my white Interceptor Pro 828 for yours

Galius is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #13
Dovahkiin

TheGhunther is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just ordered this same guitar a few days ago. Shipping things to Alaska takes forever :/

EDIT: Oh, and grats on the NGD btw!
TheGhunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #14
twerk twerk thall

sage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
....ing classy as shit.
Oh, the irony.
sage is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #15
Hwat you call me?

guambomb832 is just really niceguambomb832 is just really nice
I still want a white 8, but a red intrepid will do for now.

you bitch

You gotta pay the troll toll, to get into the boy's hole.

My bandcamp for my music project, Guamskyy. Enjoy!
guambomb832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #16
ss.org Regular

Subz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by crg123 View Post
WOW this thing is awesome, My first ERG and I couldnt be happier, there are a few super tiny imperfections in the paint job. The only reason I think they're even noticeable is because it's white. Its really weird getting use to the no fretmarkers and the huge neck on it but the shape of the neck (thin D?) really helps. It was alittle out of tune when I got it (obviously) but once i tuned it up the intonation was perfect. The pickups sound good, its weird getting use to actives, since I always use Dimarzio passives. Any suggestions for a better active tone ? The string action is great, although maybe alittle too low they have alittle bit of a percussive sound when I play, but thats minor and seems fixable. Over all I'm super happy with my purchase! Check it out guys, let me know what you think!

Here's a direct link the images don't seem to be loading even though i use the [ I M G ] [ /I M G ] format (no spaces of course)

New guitar - a set on Flickr

NICE TO HAVE YOU IN THE CLUB SIR!!!! Sweet buy man!
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #17
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
Wow that is gorgeous.

ROAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

sucks. i was going to buy one last night after seeing this and watching it for a while. and boom, not on the site anymore. ....ing fail. if you ever want to sell it dude. PM me. id buy it in a heartbeat.

Once more into the fray
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
SS.orgLocalArchitect

Hey guys, I'm trying to adjust to these actives, and I'm getting a good tone out them but it seems like I still need to tweak my tone alot. I've always used passives and my last guitar used to use Dimarzio Evolutions in my PRS copy. It just seems like the tone is a tad bit "fizzy" in comparison to the passive pickups. There also seems to be somewhat of a percussive tone added to the sound, I'm not sure if this because of the lighter gauge is causing a slight string buzz or what. Any recommendations to get a better tone out of this guitar like a certain EQ boost/cut. I love the way it plays and looks. I really like the tone, but I don't love it. I feel like it has more potential. Thanks in advance guys.

@ shredguitar7 sorry I would never sell this thing, its too amazing haha. But seriously man, message Kurt and maybe you can ask him if they're going to make anymore white 8's. Who knows maybe if you wait a few months they might start making them again.
Unread 05-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

i emailed him. wont be getting the neck throughs until xmas time.. looks like santa will be good to me this year.. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

as far as the pickups go. i have mine as close to the strings as possible without them hitting it when i palm mute.. seems to tighten it up a bit to me.. other than that its all subjective. especially when using AMP sims and shit instead of real amps. its always gonna have a fizz factor until you tweak and find good ones.. i use Overloud TH2.. theirs a Randall V2 head sim in that thing. sounds ....ing fantastic. but thats what i have come to like since i dont actually own a decent amp anymore. eq will help but even your impulses will add unwanted frequencies sometimes. i love this framus cobra impulse i have, but with it comes this aweful high freq that i have to pinpoint and eq out. just takes time to see what works and what doesnt. tweak tweak tweak my friend.. thats the best advice i can give you as your sound is different from mine so certain eq cuts or boosts wont be the same.

on a side note, are those jumbo frets, or EXTRA jumbo. cuz id love some EX jumbo on my next 8. they just look better. especially on an ebony neck and with the white paint. uhhhhhh. where do you live... i just wanna come... visit

Once more into the fray
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Unread 05-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

Toxic Dover is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How's the tension on the low F# feel on a 27" scale?
Toxic Dover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #22
Sojourner

Splinterhead is a glorious beacon of lightSplinterhead is a glorious beacon of lightSplinterhead is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not one for painted finishes but that white sure is damn righteous!
Congrats and enjoy!
Splinterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #23
SS.orgLocalArchitect

Quote:
i emailed him. wont be getting the neck throughs until xmas time.. looks like santa will be good to me this year.. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

as far as the pickups go. i have mine as close to the strings as possible without them hitting it when i palm mute.. seems to tighten it up a bit to me.. other than that its all subjective. especially when using AMP sims and shit instead of real amps. its always gonna have a fizz factor until you tweak and find good ones.. i use Overloud TH2.. theirs a Randall V2 head sim in that thing. sounds ....ing fantastic. but thats what i have come to like since i dont actually own a decent amp anymore. eq will help but even your impulses will add unwanted frequencies sometimes. i love this framus cobra impulse i have, but with it comes this aweful high freq that i have to pinpoint and eq out. just takes time to see what works and what doesnt. tweak tweak tweak my friend.. thats the best advice i can give you as your sound is different from mine so certain eq cuts or boosts wont be the same.

on a side note, are those jumbo frets, or EXTRA jumbo. cuz id love some EX jumbo on my next 8. they just look better. especially on an ebony neck and with the white paint. uhhhhhh. where do you live... i just wanna come... visit
Thanks for the advice, and they're just plain jumbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Dover View Post
How's the tension on the low F# feel on a 27" scale?
I'm actually surprised its not terrible, but it could be alittle tighter I'm thinking of using a .080 gauge. Btw I tuned the F# to E the moment I got it haha so I'm sure its alot better then the E and the E is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinterhead View Post
I'm not one for painted finishes but that white sure is damn righteous!
Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks man, its my new pride and joy!
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:17 AM   #24
ss.org Master

Kapee is a jewel in the rough
Really classy! I like this really much. Looks like 2k$ instrument! I want to get one of these some day
crg123 likes this.
Kapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #25
SS Contributor

jon66 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ooof that gets things twitchin' downstairs, lol

Great score man, gratz!
jon66 is offline   Reply With Quote