homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree358Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #651
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #652
Chief Officer/RHLC

ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Oh no ....ing way.
thats ....ing amazing

Reverse Headstocks or Bust

:chris: ALL HEIL THE ADMINISHREDDER!
ibznorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #653
Medicine Chief/RHLC

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews

Do want for that price.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #654
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
500?!?

holy ....ing shit!
hell yes i'm in!!!

i'd like to take this time to point out how much of a badass kurt is.

I'm typing this on my knees with my butt in the air. -Drew

Last edited by ShawnFjellstad; 03-28-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ShawnFjellstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #655
Chief Officer/RHLC

ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.ibznorange is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnFjellstad View Post
500?!?

holy ....ing shit!
hell yes i'm in!!!

i'd like to take this time to point out how much of a badass kurt is.
approximately really badass

Reverse Headstocks or Bust

:chris: ALL HEIL THE ADMINISHREDDER!
ibznorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #656
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibznorange View Post
approximately really badass
x like a billion

I'm typing this on my knees with my butt in the air. -Drew
ShawnFjellstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #657
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Was jsut moochin through some of the older pages of this thread and found this:

ideal finish me thinks

also im going against maple necks i cant stand the sight of them
darker the better in my books
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #658
shrent? shrent.

Kronpox is a glorious beacon of lightKronpox is a glorious beacon of lightKronpox is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSE View Post

I emailed kurt back and suggested that if production goes through on the natural/maple sketch, then he also produce a darker version for us metalheads who are afraid of anything that isn't black he seemed to like the idea.
Kronpox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #659
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronpox View Post

I emailed kurt back and suggested that if production goes through on the natural/maple sketch, then he also produce a darker version for us metalheads who are afraid of anything that isn't black he seemed to like the idea.
....ing super duper!
strange
iv never really been interested in 8 string til i saw this thread
mainly the price for what it is!
Kurt sure does know what hes doing with the "keeping it cheap" thing
Got me interested enough to properly concider it
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #660
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
http://www.blackfirestudios.net/Uppladdat/8/1.jpg

ideal finish me thinks

I'd hit that, but same as the LTD, I'd rather a 4/4 headstock. And that inlay sucks.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #661
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
ZOMG!! I remember when I said 800$ could be done with a stripped down design and many laughed at me

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #662
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
When you say darker, are you talking about color or about tone ?
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #663
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desecrated View Post
When you say darker, are you talking about color or about tone ?
color

call me shallow but EVERYTHING has to look right for my likingz
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #664
splees

Splees is just really niceSplees is just really nice
YES...!
Splees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #665
SS.org Regular

Justin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to all
awesome, I'm in thats for sure.
Justin Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #666
ss.org Regular

saastara is on a distinguished road
I'm so happy I can't stop crying.
saastara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #667
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^666th post!

Kurt is indeed pretty awesome. I don't know how he makes these instruments and still turns a profit. But you know what? I don't care! As long as he keeps on doing it!

And let's not forget how awesome the guy is who started this whole process...

darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #668
SS.org Regular

Justin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to allJustin Bailey is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
^666th post!

Kurt is indeed pretty awesome. I don't know how he makes these instruments and still turns a profit. But you know what? I don't care! As long as he keeps on doing it!

thank's buddy.
Justin Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #669
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
^666th post!

And don't forget humble

Very cool, thanks for the hard work (or at least all the ....ing around in photoshop and sending emails )

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #670
Incognito Alchemist

Drage is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
http://www.blackfirestudios.net/Uppladdat/8/1.jpg

ideal finish me thinks

Drage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 05:04 AM   #671
I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!

yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.yevetz is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
^666th post!

Sorry for my english
yevetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #672
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
im totally loving the thought of a 500$ 8 string... oooh yeah!

edit: what kind of time span are we talking about? because im totally ready to get one of these instead of the 7 i want, if its 28" scale... shit yeah! :P

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #673
shrent? shrent.

Kronpox is a glorious beacon of lightKronpox is a glorious beacon of lightKronpox is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
im totally loving the thought of a 500$ 8 string... oooh yeah!

edit: what kind of time span are we talking about? because im totally ready to get one of these instead of the 7 i want, if its 28" scale... shit yeah! :P
Kurt gave me a complete lack of timespan. Basically it all depends on when and if he can get the 808s and the Hipshots easy and cheap.
Kronpox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #674
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
ah, i see... how long could that take? if you were to guesstimate? :P

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #675
SS Contributor

Adam is shredding to new heights.Adam is shredding to new heights.Adam is shredding to new heights.Adam is shredding to new heights.Adam is shredding to new heights.Adam is shredding to new heights.Adam is shredding to new heights.Adam is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronpox View Post
Kurt gave me a complete lack of timespan. Basically it all depends on when and if he can get the 808s and the Hipshots easy and cheap.
He could always go with EMG 40 Hz's in the meantime they're much cheaper, and then people can just replace it if they feel like it.

User of Garry Goodmans fine A440 strings for 4 years now.
http://Octave4plus.com
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote