homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree364Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #4851
ss.org Regular

GreenTheLight is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groff View Post
Yes, but be patient, it doesn't happen very often.
D:< NO BUENO!

Thanks for the information though.
GreenTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #4852
ss.org Regular

GreenTheLight is on a distinguished road
MOD EDIT: Have an issue with rep? Speak to one of us.
GreenTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #4853
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow!

JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #4854
ss.org Regular

pwilldabeast14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i just got an agile 828 bloodburst and i love it, except for one thing. i wanted the extended scale because i heard it provides better string tension but when i got it the strings where just too loose for me especially on the low strings. will thicker gauges fix that? i hve .009 .012 .015 .022 .030 .040 .054 .072 and i want to use drop tuning to play after the burial, periphery type stuff, what companies make good 8 string sets? also i know octave4plus has a good high A string but how is the rest of the set
pwilldabeast14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #4855
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwilldabeast14 View Post
i just got an agile 828 bloodburst and i love it, except for one thing. i wanted the extended scale because i heard it provides better string tension but when i got it the strings where just too loose for me especially on the low strings. will thicker gauges fix that? i hve .009 .012 .015 .022 .030 .040 .054 .072 and i want to use drop tuning to play after the burial, periphery type stuff, what companies make good 8 string sets? also i know octave4plus has a good high A string but how is the rest of the set
I had the same exact problem. The strings that come stock on them are NOT what they say they are. I use .09-.059 on my 7 strings, and the .069 was visably THICKER than the 8th string on my Agile 8. Buy a set of d'addario 9-59's and add a .072 bass string (It barely fits). And you'll see that your string tension will be GREATLY improved. I don't know what they're putting on their guitars, but they are a lot lighter than 9's, that's for sure!

Move up to .010 - .074 if you need them to be tighter for down tuning. I used the above set at a 1/2 step down and it felt great.

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #4856
Quintessentially So

Kairos is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
i wanted the extended scale because i heard it provides better string tension but when i got it the strings where just too loose for me especially on the low strings. will thicker gauges fix that?
Yeah. The thicker the gauge, the lower the string resonates, so thicker strings = more tension (in the same tuning).

Also, I don't think there is an string set, You just have to buy the gauge you want individually, for the B and F# strings at least. I'd get a standard 6 string pack that I like then buy the other two as singles.
Kairos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #4857
ss.org Regular

thanks guys for the help, and actually octave4plus has a .010-.074 8 string set but you can customize your gauges im pretty sure
Unread 10-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #4858
Banned

MTech is a glorious beacon of lightMTech is a glorious beacon of lightMTech is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
After the Burial only uses 9-74 and that's on the 27in scale...

LaBella can make you any gauge though just call Leo and put in an order for custom HRS
http://www.bigcitystrings.com/order.htm
MTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #4859
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
theres an intrepid pro 8 string on my local c.l. for 500

intrepid pro Agile guitar 8 string
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #4860
ss.org Regular

JayTalbott will become famous soon enough
Will a Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 MN NA fit into a Douglas EGC-200 Baritone Case?
because this Douglas EGC Intrepid Case is out of stock and not listed on rondomusic at all.
JayTalbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #4861
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Email Kurt and ask.
Unread 10-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #4862
Mentally Guitarded

Galius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to beholdGalius is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Thought I would share a little custom job I did on my Intrepid
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lut...ml#post2192576

Galius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #4863
ss.org Regular

JayTalbott will become famous soon enough
I just got my new Agile Interpid 828 today check out it out! Sounds beautiful! Here is clip
YouTube - Wave of Babies intro cover
JayTalbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #4864
SS.org Regular

Gitte is just really niceGitte is just really nice
just ordered my white septor 828

can't wait and soon i'll have two bareknuckle pickups (aftermath for bridge and coldsweat for neck) to put in this beauty
Gitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #4865
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitte View Post
just ordered my white septor 828

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...intergrund.jpg

can't wait and soon i'll have two bareknuckle pickups (aftermath for bridge and coldsweat for neck) to put in this beauty
dude nasty guitar! agiles are definately the shit, and i like the pickup configuration i really want the cold sweat or aftermath i cant decide, but one of each would be amazing
Unread 11-03-2010, 07:22 PM   #4866
SS.org Regular

Gitte is just really niceGitte is just really nice
she will be here on the 9th cant wait
Gitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #4867
SS.org Regular

Richie666 is a jewel in the rough
Anyone see the new 6 string Intrepids? They look really nice, though 6 strings are sort of irrelevant to me as far as electrics go haha.

Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 625 MN Nat at RondoMusic.com

And I just saw the thread about it but the new ghostburst pro is ....ing sweet! Only if it came in left handed...

http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepidpro828ebghost.html
Richie666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #4868
SS.org Regular

zeaoth is a jewel in the rough
Recommend me a Agile (I hate you RGA8!)

Looking for a Agile that is comparable to a RGA8 minus the muddy pups. Need some recommendations. Looking for a djenty sound i.e. Meshuggah, Tesseract, Vildhjarta. More of a rhythm player (the one string master F# clarity ). Please no actives!

Got a POD 2 and UX1.

Budget 750. HELP!
zeaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #4869
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
You could just get some good passive pickups and install them in some EMG style covers, they are available on the net, I don't have a link to where though.

Also, there really isn't an Agile to recommend, if you go to the site, they're all just variations on 2 body shapes, and it's either EMG, Blackout or passive stock pickups for choices.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #4870
The Armada

Intrepid mate. Not "comparable" but fits what you wanna play to a T.
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #4871
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Armada View Post
Seconded. They're great guitars.
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #4872
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Armada View Post
Interesting. How thick is the neck compared to the RGA8? played a Schecter Damien E8 and that thing is a log
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #4873
The Armada

It's pretty damn thick. But you'll adjust.

If I didn't just buy my Pendulum 8 I'd for sure own an Intrepid 8 Dual. Played my buddy's extensively though.
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #4874
XEN
(formerly urklvt)

XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.XEN can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
It's no Schecter, that's for sure. My hands are somewhat average in size but I found the neck extremely comfortable. I think you'd really like it.
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #4875
SS.org Regular

Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 MN Bloodburst at RondoMusic.com

Definantly liking this one. The neck thru looks sick. 28.825 is pretty awesome too. How are the passives? Was thinking of getting some BK Coldsweats with it. Just wondering if the stock pups are ok, would not mind sticking with those.