homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Extended Range Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Extended Range Guitars Welcome to everyone from ERG.com. Eight, Nine, Baritone and beyond discussion here.

Like Tree354Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2009, 03:48 AM   #3651
Asian Women Fanatic

vortex_infinium is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just a quick question to anyone that's bought something from Rondomusic via pre-order before.

I paid for the second half of my Intrepid yesterday via credit card through my PayPal account. Do I recieve anything from Rondo saything that I did or do I just 'trust' that my order was processed?
vortex_infinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-26-2009, 05:51 AM   #3652
ss.org Regular

Våd Hamster is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't think you'll get anything until monday. I haven't heard from him since friday, so I'm thinking he probably doesn't do business in the weekends. Clever man.

I had some trouble with my card too, damn bank ....ing it up as usual.
Våd Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #3653
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
i've just decided to wait with the intrepid until october, because sometimes you have to be a responsible adult. bleh!

i have other priorities that i probably shouldn't shove aside :P

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #3654
SS.org Regular

alex103188 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
"Custom order guitars start at $500. In general, you can assume minor modifications to existing models will add 50% to the price of the item. For example, ordering a custom AL-3000 and changing just one attribute from the standard model, say the color, would cust approximatly $575"

So this is stated at the top of the custom order form and it confuses me a bit. If modifications such as a color change cost 50% of the original price, wouldn't it amount to an extra 250 as opposed to 75?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyone recently order a custom since it went up and have an idea of how much the mods to the original model actually cost?

alex103188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 12:54 AM   #3655
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex103188 View Post
"Custom order guitars start at $500. In general, you can assume minor modifications to existing models will add 50% to the price of the item. For example, ordering a custom AL-3000 and changing just one attribute from the standard model, say the color, would cust approximatly $575"

So this is stated at the top of the custom order form and it confuses me a bit. If modifications such as a color change cost 50% of the original price, wouldn't it amount to an extra 250 as opposed to 75?

Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyone recently order a custom since it went up and have an idea of how much the mods to the original model actually cost?

No, because an AL-3000 cost $380. So 50% of that is 190. 380+190=570. The $500 is to say that no matter what the custom is, the minimum would be $500. So if you got one of those $99 jobs and customized it, you're not getting out for less than $500. But, I think you're right. If a guitar costs $500, and you change the paint, you're looking at $750.
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #3656
Formerly Lern2Swim

Ben.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
No, because an AL-3000 cost $380. So 50% of that is 190. 380+190=570. The $500 is to say that no matter what the custom is, the minimum would be $500. So if you got one of those $99 jobs and customized it, you're not getting out for less than $500. But, I think you're right. If a guitar costs $500, and you change the paint, you're looking at $750.

Just to clarify this, I'm pretty sure that the custom stuff is only on the Agiles, not the SX and Douglas. So, nothing in the $99 range anyway. So it's not like you're going to have to pay $401(to meet the $500 amount) to get a custom paint job on a $99 guitar.
Ben.Last is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #3657
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
i just did something naughty.

What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #3658
Linguist

caughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
i just did something naughty.
caughtinamosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #3659
Set up us the bomb

i'll still afford the custom bass build, i pwomise!!!

edit: i swear, i'm way too nervous about money! :P

i can't wait to see what my paycheck ends up looking like... i need to be able to pay for:
pickups, sustainer
tremol-no
custom-made bass (not too expencive, but still)
intrepid
roter strat mod
S2.0 and Metal Foundry
Logic Studio 9 upgrade

i'm hoping i get to sell some crap to fund this stuff too.

-Anthony
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #3660
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

As of 12:55PM on July 27th, I believe I am the FIRST person to receive their Intrepid from this run!

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #3661
SS.org Regular

GorillaSalsa is a jewel in the rough
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
GorillaSalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #3662
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSalsa View Post
PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CCCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
...maybe

It's humid as a bastard right now so I'm having trouble playing it with all this sweat (eww I know)

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #3663
SS.org Regular

mgcasella is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post

As of 12:55PM on July 27th, I believe I am the FIRST person to receive their Intrepid from this run!

Vids, please!
mgcasella is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #3664
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.Explorer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Intrepid Pro Natural with Ebony Fretboard - scheduled delivery: August 3rd.

The funny thing is, I thought I'd be waiting until October, so I wound up getting an FM-408 to tide me over... two weeks ago. Two eight-strings in about two weeks... who can complain?
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #3665
Formerly Lern2Swim

Ben.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of lightBen.Last is a glorious beacon of light
Should have mine this Friday, according to UPS. I'm incredibly excited. Now I just need a new amp. Hahaha
Ben.Last is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #3666
Asian Women Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
Intrepid Pro Natural with Ebony Fretboard - scheduled delivery: August 3rd.

The funny thing is, I thought I'd be waiting until October, so I wound up getting an FM-408 to tide me over... two weeks ago. Two eight-strings in about two weeks... who can complain?
Yea. I paid the second half of mine recently and just got an email for Kurt saying that I would have gotten mine with this run but no one backed out of their pre-orders. Guess I still gotta wait until October.

And just like you I was looking for a FM-408 a while ago to tie me over. Hoping there's some of the Interceptor 8's left over.
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #3667
Texas CEO / RHLC

st2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex_infinium View Post
Yea. I paid the second half of mine recently and just got an email for Kurt saying that I would have gotten mine with this run but no one backed out of their pre-orders. Guess I still gotta wait until October.

And just like you I was looking for a FM-408 a while ago to tie me over. Hoping there's some of the Interceptor 8's left over.
What model/color did you go with? i just recently ordered one from the Oct. run and got a shipping email today saying that mine would be here on the 3rd as well so I assumed that there were plenty of leftovers. I ordered the Oceanburst pro so maybe that just isn't a popular color.
st2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #3668
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.Hollowway is deemed true.
So any of you Interceptor guys get a shipment email yet? All I have so far is an email from last week saying that it will likely ship this week.
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #3669
Asian Women Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by st2012 View Post
What model/color did you go with? i just recently ordered one from the Oct. run and got a shipping email today saying that mine would be here on the 3rd as well so I assumed that there were plenty of leftovers. I ordered the Oceanburst pro so maybe that just isn't a popular color.
I had ordered the Natural Pro.
Unread 07-28-2009, 01:14 AM   #3670
SS.org Regular

New Age Moron is a jewel in the rough
My Intrepid Oceanburst is ready to ship

I'm so glad I found this forum
New Age Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 02:29 AM   #3671
Set up us the bomb

i think the oceanburst pro isn't that popular because of the blue/brown mix :P

-Anthony
Unread 07-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #3672
Toast Wiper

Hawkevil is a jewel in the rough
I really like the Oceanburst. It seems like a rare finish compared with all the guitars out there. Nicer than the natural finish IMO.
Hawkevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 06:00 AM   #3673
Set up us the bomb

i don´t really like the oceanburst on the pro myself, but i love it on the standard. on the pro it just looks wrong to my eyes, because it´s brown wood fading into a blue hue, and there´s such a collision between the hues there... the darkburst and bloodburst are nicer for the pro i think. personal opinion, of course!

-Anthony
Unread 07-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #3674
Toast Wiper

Hawkevil is a jewel in the rough
Yea I guess its just opinion really. Being left handed though, to have the choice of that sort of exotic colour is cool.

Many times I have wanted guitars only to find there is one choice of finish. SO annoying.
Hawkevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #3675
Power Metal Cellist

TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/TemjinStrife is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I love the Oceanburst, and if there was an Oceanburst Intrepid 728 Pro I'd totally go for it.
TemjinStrife is online now   Reply With Quote